Per Q - The Dline is a pack of DAWGS

Dunnie

I hope Saleh and Ulbrich actually get creative and change their defense for this next game and they improve. wouldnt that be a pleasant surprise for a Sunday.

quite honestly I am not sure if the players suck, coaches suck, or both.  I have suspected the coaching all along but you never know.  Just like CJ and Laken was a mistake in FA on offense IMO, i'm thinking Whtehead and Martin were too and they are desperately trying to make it work because they spent all that $ and probably pounded on the table to get them and ignored other positions to do so. They really need to shake things up personal wise win or lose this next game and do something very different because what they are trying has not worked yet since that 1st series in 1st pre season game.

I dont know if it's the rotation or the personnel packages but DL has been terrible. JFM is one of the worst Football players I've ever seen.  He's constantly pushed around and has the worst nose for the Football I've ever seen.  You might as well stick a Green and White cone on the field instead of JFM.

What these moron coaches need to do, but wont because they're married to an absolute asinine scheme that full proof, doesnt work, is Clemons-Rankins-Q.Will-JJ for 70% of the snaps, these bums you're giving equivalent run to; JFM, Thomas, Martin, Sheppard etc, should be only in the game when those 4 need a blow.  JFM should never, ever, see a single snap at DE ever again.  What I dont understand and it's why I'm ready to hit reset on the whole thing, is how the **** does these morons put the tape on and not see this obvious problem they've created with a stupid philosophy that clearly doesnt work.  

So while I appreciate Q. Will's love for his unit, he's wrong.  They're ******* trash.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I dont know if it's the rotation or the personnel packages but DL has been terrible. JFM is one of the worst Football players I've ever seen.  He's constantly pushed around and has the worst nose for the Football I've ever seen.  You might as well stick a Green and White cone on the field instead of JFM.

What these moron coaches need to do, but wont because they're married to an absolute asinine scheme that full proof, doesnt work, is Clemons-Rankins-Q.Will-JJ for 70% of the snaps, these bums you're giving equivalent run to; JFM, Thomas, Martin, Sheppard etc, should be only in the game when those 4 need a blow.  JFM should never, ever, see a single snap at DE ever again.  What I dont understand and it's why I'm ready to hit reset on the whole thing, is how the **** does these morons put the tape on and not see this obvious problem they've created with a stupid philosophy that clearly doesnt work.  

So while I appreciate Q. Will's love for his unit, he's wrong.  They're ******* trash.

i actually think it sh/be Lawson-Q-JFM-Clemons/JJ - subbing the best of the rest but not with 11 guys

I think they should play Q into the ground with 80% snaps in his contract year.

I think they sh/be playing a more traditional 4/3 alignment so they can stunt Q and JFM up the middle to free up the DE's a bit

I think Kwon and someone like Davis sh/be blitzing every play and they should be playing more man with a roaming FS.

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

i actually think it sh/be Lawson-Q-JFM-Clemons/JJ - subbing the best of the rest but not with 11 guys

I think they sh/be playing a more traditional 4/3 alignment so they can stunt Q and JFM up the middle to free up the DE's a bit

I think Kwon and someone like Davis sh/be blitzing every play and they should be playing more man with a roaming FS.

Achilles takes 2 years to recover, and even then you’re not the same. Lawson doesn’t need the dominant time share, he needs to be rotated in for the right situations.

Nothing they do seems situational. It all seems pre-scheduled. No consideration for what the other team is going. Basically mimicking what they saw in past jobs, but not understanding it at a level of strategic depth.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I know the fan base thinks JFM is better suited inside but I'd have to see it to believe it.  He's the mush dude, pure mush and he has zero nose for the ball, dude is just a waste of space while Rankins has actually been playing pretty well.  I'm fine with a rotation there because whatever but Q.Will, like you said, should be seeing 70/80% and I'd start getting Clemons and JJ on the field more often.  They're a lot to handle where Lawson has been a monster disappointment.  He's a one trick pony, always has been, and he doesnt do that trick very well, so make him a SPR. 

Achilles takes 2 years to recover, and even then you’re not the same. Lawson doesn’t need the dominant time share, he needs to be rotated in for the right situations.
Nothing they do seems situational. It all seems pre-scheduled. No consideration for what the other team is going. Basically mimicking what they saw in past jobs, but not understanding it at a level of strategic depth.

I totally agree with this. Saleh is like the Adam Gase of defense. Nothing is done to confuse the offense. It’s all the same looks and they are just hoping it works. It’s just the old read and react D. This reminds of the D we used to have under Herm. Slow to react. No aggressiveness. Players trying to play positions that don’t fit their strengths.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Just said the same above, Lawson should be a situational pass rusher only right now.  He's a pure liability in the run game.  Both him and JFM are basically useless at DE on situations where the run is still a threat.  JFM is useless at DE so I'd use him at DT and Lawson at DE on passing down exclusively.  

The sad thing is that the defensive front has a lot of talent.  These stupid “rotations” certainly don’t help.  Obviously the players need to step up but these coaches have made it so difficult.  Even a quiet guy like Q finally lost his sh*t with the defensive coaches 

11 minutes ago, tfine said:

I totally agree with this. Saleh is like the Adam Gase of defense. Nothing is done to confuse the offense. It’s all the same looks and they are just hoping it works. It’s just the old read and react D. This reminds of the D we used to have under Herm. Slow to react. No aggressiveness. Players trying to play positions that don’t fit their strengths.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Saleh doesn’t make defensive calls during a game.

Ulbrich needs to get it together or he’ll be replaced

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

it does burn my eyes to watch this defense but from what I have seen they are doubling Lawon, doubling Q, and doubling JFM with TE and RB leaving guys like Ranking in man.  This is why i suspect Ranking has better pff in the eyes of the pff fools.  Not too mention they in wide 9 so there is already a lot of ground to cover to impact the QB before he gets to 2nd and 3rd hitches.

40 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Genuinely asking, how much of this is on Joe Douglas? He knew that the goal of this defense was to create pressure with 4, invested a decent amount of money and draft capital on the defensive lien, and acquired or re-signed/extended every player in this group except for the best player (Williams). Do we think the group would be meaningfully better to the point of being able to consistently create pressure with four under a different coaching staff, or are they not good enough to accomplish what they were acquired to do even if they were being used correctly?

7 minutes ago, derp said:

Genuinely asking, how much of this is on Joe Douglas? He knew that the goal of this defense was to create pressure with 4, invested a decent amount of money and draft capital on the defensive lien, and acquired or re-signed/extended every player in this group except for the best player (Williams). Do we think the group would be meaningfully better to the point of being able to consistently create pressure with four under a different coaching staff, or are they not good enough to accomplish what they were acquired to do even if they were being used correctly?

I think it's a combo of both bad coaching and roster management.  They never really addressed losing Fatukasi. who is currently playing almost 50% of the snaps on arguably the league best D and the best D against the run.  If he was here, he'd be playing, what?  28-32%?  The faith in terrible players like Sheppard and Thomas.  Martin is misused.  Resigning a miserable POS like JFM.  Plenty of blame to go around.

JD has done some good things here but his bad, has been really bad.   I'd put handling the DL on the really bad side. 

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I know the fan base thinks JFM is better suited inside but I'd have to see it to believe it.  He's the mush dude, pure mush and he has zero nose for the ball, dude is just a waste of space while Rankins has actually been playing pretty well.  I'm fine with a rotation there because whatever but Q.Will, like you said, should be seeing 70/80% and I'd start getting Clemons and JJ on the field more often.  They're a lot to handle where Lawson has been a monster disappointment.  He's a one trick pony, always has been, and he doesnt do that trick very well, so make him a SPR. 

Pretty sure the fan base thinks JFM is better suited outside. Outside the field. Kudos from JFM to JD for that amazing contract. When we finally have solid CB play, we are stuck with these pups trying to play DL. Slight shuffle and QBs are getting an eternity to throw. 

37 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I think it's a combo of both bad coaching and roster management.  They never really addressed losing Fatukasi. who is currently playing almost 50% of the snaps on arguably the league best D and the best D against the run.  If he was here, he'd be playing, what?  28-32%?  The faith in terrible players like Sheppard and Thomas.  Martin is misused.  Resigning a miserable POS like JFM.  Plenty of blame to go around.

JD has done some good things here but his bad, has been really bad.   I'd put handling the DL on the really bad side. 

I think handling of both lines has been really really bad, honestly. And I wasn't a tackle at #4 guy. But aside from Clark who had a career ending injury, Mitchell is the only OL depth he's drafted. And we see with Mitchell stepping in, that a mid round draft pick is potentially a capable option whereas the replacement level veteran OL is always just going to be a replacement level guy.

And this is before Fant and McGovern hit FA with no in house replacements. 

The OL depth/pipeline has been a problem since he took over and he hasn't thrown enough mid-late round picks at it. Obviously not every team hits on all late picks too, but he's already cut guys from his first two drafts and given up picks in trades. The almost exclusively relying on veteran depth philosophy just makes no sense to me.

4 minutes ago, derp said:

I think handling of both lines has been really really bad, honestly. And I wasn't a tackle at #4 guy. But aside from Clark who had a career ending injury, Mitchell is the only OL depth he's drafted. And we see with Mitchell stepping in, that a mid round draft pick is potentially a capable option whereas the replacement level veteran OL is always just going to be a replacement level guy.

And this is before Fant and McGovern hit FA with no in house replacements. 

The OL depth/pipeline has been a problem since he took over and he hasn't thrown enough mid-late round picks at it. Obviously not every team hits on all late picks too, but he's already cut guys from his first two drafts and given up picks in trades. The almost exclusively relying on veteran depth philosophy just makes no sense to me.

Agreed, he's totally mishandled the LOS, 100%.  QB too, dating back to last year and trading picks for Flacco (that could have been OL depth).  Lots of really stupid sh*t with JD among the good stuff.

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Agreed, he's totally mishandled the LOS, 100%.  QB too, dating back to last year and trading picks for Flacco (that could have been OL depth).  Lots of really stupid sh*t with JD among the good stuff.

I think what concerns me is that the stupid **** has been consistent. The LOS - which he's made a focal point but obviously hasn't been good at evaluating. Swings on upside instead of taking good players, though he has improved upon that at points. Overall building depth and letting those guys start over.

The other thing that really concerns me is that he seems like he started out trying to back fill holes - like in Baltimore. Took Davis before Adams and Maye were FA's, Morgan to try to have have a backup QB on a rookie deal, etc his first draft. Then he swung and missed, completely got away from that idea, and started throwing a lot of next year's money at this year's team without in house solutions from impending FA's. I think he's pressing as he's trying to learn on the fly and, while the team is better, it's still not good, and that sustainable process is starting to go by the wayside.

If the nontrivial scenario of something like a 5-12 or 6-11 season where ZW is like a 13 TD 10 INT in 14 games with 6.5 YPA dude (ie moderate improvements but nothing meaningful) and the defense is bottom quarter of the league all year but the corners, WR's, and RB's look decent I think it's honestly in the best interest of the franchise to say thanks for not leaving the cupboard completely bare but it's time to clean house and let someone else try to solve QB and the fronts. And have a coaching staff that actually game plans for their opponents.

• Upvote 1

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/09/27/ny-jets-edge-carl-lawson-film-going-on/

Shows film of Lawson but you can see the abysmal pass rush overall. All anyone tries to do is push their way through the guy. 

Check out "Carl Lawson 11" and JFM playing patty cake on the edge. 

and #14 ...compare how Lawson is trying to shed multiple blocks to JFM. I mean...cmon.

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

poor underperforming baby

This thread is like "LETS PLAY Q 100% of snaps He will have 100% more sacks!" 

it's like when Lamont Jordan had 6 yards a carry backing up Curtis

more reps doesn't equal more production 

the problem with the defense isn't the DL or the rotation 

the problem is they are always playing from behind. Also the safeties aren't playing at an NFL level 

but let's bash Q because he's the next guy looking for a bag 

from what I can tell, He and Sauce are the only two who give a damn out there 

and that includes this so called rebuild offense that can't score except in garbage time 

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This thread is like "LETS PLAY Q 100% of snaps He will have 100% more sacks!" 

it's like when Lamont Jordan had 6 yards a carry backing up Curtis

more reps doesn't equal more production 

the problem with the defense isn't the DL or the rotation 

the problem is they are always playing from behind. Also the safeties aren't playing at an NFL level 

but let's bash Q because he's the next guy looking for a bag 

from what I can tell, He and Sauce are the only two who give a damn out there 

and that includes this so called rebuild offense that can't score except in garbage time 

altho I agree dont play him 100% the Jets want to play him 40% and rotate with 10 guys so it is actual opp of what you are complaining about

and player want more reps not less because more reps mean more opp for more stats which is their bread and butter

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

altho I agree dont play him 100% the Jets want to play him 40% and rotate with 10 guys so it is actual opp of what you are complaining about

and player want more reps not less because more reps mean more opp for more stats which is their bread and butter

Quinnen Williams came from an 8 man DL rotation at Bama and has always been his most productive in that 50% rep area

I've bolded the part that's not accurate. More reps do not equal more stats

giving him 80% of reps will just make him less explosive and wear him down faster

but since he's on his contract year, that's his problem AMIRITE?