Jets at Broncos

Good evening all. I am still celebrating todays win over Miami....I am sure many of you are still doing the same. 

I am heading to Denver with my son for the game in 2 weeks. Just wondering if anyone has ever attended a game there and what the venue was like.

Anyplace we should definitely eat at?.Anywhere to avoid?

Any info would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Joe the Breadman said:

Good evening all. I am still celebrating todays win over Miami....I am sure many of you are still doing the same. 

I am heading to Denver with my son for the game in 2 weeks. Just wondering if anyone has ever attended a game there and what the venue was like.

The stadium is “meh.”  Locals call it the diaphragm.  

Where are you staying?

G

10 hours ago, Joe the Breadman said:

Drive to Estes National Park

16 hours ago, Joe the Breadman said:

Bring like serious winter clothes. You never know in Denver. I was delayed an entire day flying out of Denver due to snow...In June.

I don't own a jacket and haver seriously regretted it a few times I was there for work

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Joe the Breadman said:

We are flying in Fri and departing Mon.    

We are looking at enjoying 6 meals there.  Coming from Texas, we have plenty of great BBQ and Mexican/TexMex cuisine. So those 2 options are out. 

Everything else is wide open..  

.Denver-ites....what is a "can't miss earing experience " in Denver?

Bring chapstick.  Seriously.  The dry air can split your lip in a few days.

On 10/9/2022 at 8:54 PM, Joe the Breadman said:

You should've made a post called "Things To Do In Denver When You're Alive"

I would suggest to avoid the Rocky Mountain oysters. 

Btw, anyone know of a place where you can get Steamed Hams?

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 2:14 PM, Joe the Breadman said:

We are looking at enjoying 6 meals there.  Coming from Texas, we have plenty of great BBQ and Mexican/TexMex cuisine. So those 2 options are out. 

Denver Mexican food is amazing though... Green chili is where it's at... 

Cervantes or herbs for music... 

• Thumb Down 1

On 10/10/2022 at 1:14 PM, Joe the Breadman said:

Where in Texas?

On 10/10/2022 at 2:14 PM, Joe the Breadman said:

Eat an Elk.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Denver Mexican food is amazing though... Green chili is where it's at... 

Cervantes or herbs for music... 

Yeah but people from Texas think all Mexican food is Tex-Mex, which isn't much Mex for that matter. (I lived in Texas for 35 years.) Also, BBQ in Denver isn't great and the places bragging about brisket leave a lot to be desired. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/9/2022 at 8:54 PM, Joe the Breadman said:

I was at the Sanchez to Santonio Holmes Pass interference game - must have been 2011?  

Nice venue.  Denver has a nice downtown area with plenty of options.  If your son is of age, Coors Brewery tour wasn't bad.  It's been a long time, but I always look at Eater's Essential list for any city I'm going to.

On 10/10/2022 at 12:14 PM, Joe the Breadman said:

The obligatory kitsch response is go to Biker Jim's for unusual meat hot dogs. 

IMO the best restaurant in town is Wolf's Tailor but that is $300+ per person and probably booked out. 

If you're looking to put down not quite that much case Guard & Grace is great. Lots of people would send you there for a steakhouse.

A less expensive but great choice that would be oft recommended is Work & Class. It's share plates but everybody can order their own food.

New American cuisine is a big thing here. Citizen Rail downtown is a good choice in that cuisine. High end Chinese is also taking off. Hop Alley is the obligatory choice there. Rioja is the big Mediterranean restaurant in town. If sushi is your thing Uchi is the place to go, but it's related to the Uchi in Austin. I can offer up other restaurants if you want more affordable options or other cuisines. 

If you're looking for some more stuff your face options, Avanti food hall is a good option is a lot of food choices. Hops & Pie is my go to for pizza and craft beer. If fried chicken is your thing Post is the place. They have a location not far from the stadium. They are a brewpub and their beers are solid. If you like German food/beer, Prost is a brewery not far from the stadium with both. Right around the corner is Happy Camper which is big open air bar with decent food and lots of TVs. 

If brunch is a need, Snooze is a good option but the wait is long.