Bears Commanders TNF

Rhg1084

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wentz went 12 of 22 for 99 yards. Hard to explain how far off the cliff he’s fallen.

We were talking about this at my office this morning.

He finished 3rd in the MVP voting in his second year, and may have won it if he didn't blow out his ACL.  At age 27, he won comeback player of the year, thew for 4000 yards, and a 27-7 TD-Int ratio.

Now, he is utter garbage.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. They both suck but the difference is that Fields’ teammates aren’t transparently struggling with major depression because of it.

2. Zach Wilson wasn’t “efficient” at the end of the season.

Weird to say it but Zach has a very good supporting cast on offense. Has everything he needs to succeed. Woah!!!

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Im old enough to remember when it took years for a QB to develop, and this is when they were coming from college systems that were a hell of a lot closer to the NFL than todays college systems are to the NFL. So in no way am I giving up on Fields. But the reality is by the end of year 2 teams have to start thinking about year 3 and if their highly drafted QB is the guy they want to hand the keys to in year 3. 

It’s fascinating to hear and see so many people who should know better acting like an NFL QB isn’t good and never will be because he hasn’t figured it out in 16 career starts. It’s as if QB is the only position that can’t improve with experience. Just very odd. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

Lol, I love how these are the reasons that your boy Fields isn’t playing well. But last year, Zach’s surrounding cast when he came back from injury -and played efficiently- was just an excuse. Zach would’ve loved Mooney and Kmet late last year. 

If I could upvote this post as many times as I voted for 'Pepsi Sugar Free Rookie of the Week', I would.

Glorious! 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

I liked fields over Wilson during the lead up to the draft. But thought he was a boom or bust prospect.

I think it is fair to say that the bears have done him absolutely no favors. Terrible coaching, oline and wrs. Who is his number 1 wr? Mooney? He would be our 5th best wr lol. Sometimes he makes a couple flash throws and shows why he was drafted so high. But he definitely struggles to read the field.

Still can’t help to wonder how he would look with some real weapons

• Upvote 3

On 10/14/2022 at 9:59 AM, T0mShane said:

Better player: Darrell Mooney or Elijah Moore? Mooney or Corey Davis?

Right now. Davis > Mooney > Moore

Love Moore, but he hasn't done anything yet. He’s mostly potential right now.

Last year, I would have said Mooney over Davis also. But Davis has turned it up this year. 
G Wilson is better than all of them though. He’s just not getting the ball right, but he creates tons of separation. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2022 at 12:51 PM, Fantasy Island said:

Saints at Cardinals next Thursday.

image.png.710f0715c6cc299f967166beb486ced5.png

Better stock up.

Why would that one be a snooze fest?  NO likely gets Winston back and the Cardinals get Hopkins back.  Could easily get a “bust” game out of Kyler but if he booms it should be pretty fun.  

On 10/13/2022 at 8:58 PM, The Crusher said:

I did. So shut up 

So did I and, honestly, I don't think there is a huge difference between them now which makes me more accepting of the Wilson pick at this point. Fields has about 3-4 plays a game that are elite, but he looks so uncomfortable out there. For all the criticism I've had of this Jets staff, they seem to have done a good job of identifying what Zach Wilson is comfortable with and adapting the offense to accomodate that which has led to the offense playing better. The Bears look like they are still trying to figure out what the hell they can or can't do with Fields. This is a huge advantage Wilson had this year over FIelds and Lawrence who are both playing with new coaching staffs. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would that one be a snooze fest?  NO likely gets Winston back and the Cardinals get Hopkins back.  Could easily get a “bust” game out of Kyler but if he booms it should be pretty fun.  

Saints will probably have both Winston and Thomas back and the cardinals get Hopkins back.  Should be an uncharacteristically entertaining Thursday night game

15 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Right now. Davis > Mooney > Moore

Love Moore, but he hasn't done anything yet. He’s mostly potential right now.

Last year, I would have said Mooney over Davis also. But Davis has turned it up this year. 
G Wilson is better than all of them though. He’s just not getting the ball right, but he creates tons of separation. 

Davis and Mooney are interchangeable. Money’s qb is horrible and can’t throw an accurate pass more than 2 yards out