Targets - First 17 games of career

You have to question the route selection they’re giving Moore though. He’s not really a go route guy and would probably excel over the middle. Just watching the games, he’s never really in a good position to actually catch many of his targets. Obviously he has to take some of the blame for that, but it does feel like misuse based on his skill set.

It seems like a pretty simple problem to solve to a layman like me - flip Wilson and Moore’s roles. Can only imagine that there’s something else going on here as well if a trade out of town is the only answer.

37 minutes ago, fullblast said:

You have to question the route selection they’re giving Moore though. He’s not really a go route guy and would probably excel over the middle.

While we don't have to question anything if the Jets are winning, one possible explanation is to move him down the field away from running plays where he is a liability in blocking.  If the Jets are playing the hot hand currently (in Hall), then they bring a better blocking WR into the middle.  

Again, I hope this is a sign Denzel Mims suites up on Sunday.  

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

This comes back to a point I made yesterday, it's hard to support Moore at all, knowing he's gotten more than his fair share of targets so far in his career.  He has not been abused by the Jets.  He is a vital piece of one of the most complete Offensive skill position groups we've had in a while.

I'm not sure what # he would be happy with.  And it really is a horrible look to whine and have a trade-me tantrum whilst whining just because of a one-game drop in target opportunities.  It really does read as horribly selfish.  Had he left it at the first tweet, it's forgivable, young guy, passionate, hungry, frustration, ok, I get it.

The double-down feels almost fatal, relationship wise.

With that said, I refuse to join the flip-flopping majority here who previously were calling Moore a vital stud future All-Pro, and now are saying he's "massively overrated" and sucks, but somehow should be traded for a #1 or #2 pick, lol.  That's just ridiculous.  

We're better WITH Moore than without him.  Moore is better than Berrios.  Better than Mims.  Better than Davis.  Getting open is not his problem (despite the new narrative that he dogs it and is never open, which is 100% bullsh*t).  Having him is better than not having him.  And it's the job of our GM and Head Coach and O-Co to fix this broken relationship.  Not with cut-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face benching's or the like, but with talking to the player, addressing his concerns, expressing the team's priorities and concerns, and finding a way to work together.  Because trading him is dumb and will hurt us in 2022 and beyond.  Mims is not the answer (and I'm pretty sure I recall him demanding trades too, so why should he profit from this current issue).

Moore needs confronted with the huge opportunity he has been given, that his targets are not low or unfair, and that winning has to come before his own stats, not just with us, but with anyone.  And he needs to be told, strait up, that there will be no trade, period.  Moore needs to do his job, and make it work, till his contract with us is over, period.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

You have to question the route selection they’re giving Moore though. He’s not really a go route guy and would probably excel over the middle. Just watching the games, he’s never really in a good position to actually catch many of his targets. Obviously he has to take some of the blame for that, but it does feel like misuse based on his skill set.

It seems like a pretty simple problem to solve to a layman like me - flip Wilson and Moore’s roles. Can only imagine that there’s something else going on here as well if a trade out of town is the only answer.

Even if this is the case, this is not the way to handle it.  The qb missed all of camp and is still growing, the team is winning and there are new bodies and faces everywhere.  It takes time to figure out roles and fits and it may be up and down.  Forget the argument that oh we are winning, now is not the time for this.  Even if we were losing, this wouldn’t be the way to do it.  
Since this seems to be his first snafu with the jets I certainly believe there is a path to reconciliation and moving forward but this is a red flag in my opinion.  Moore has some growing up to do.  But  if this is who he is and there is no growth, I don’t want him in the team.

• Upvote 1

Do we know how he requested a trade?  I do think there is a difference between:

1- I want the jets to trade me and am officially putting it out there 

2 passionate discussion with coach and gm about how he is not being used right and he says in the discussion, “if you  are going to use me like this, just trade me”.l and this convo leaked.

Neither is great but I can certainly understand  or be more forgiving to #2

• Sympathy 1

This comes back to a point I made yesterday, it's hard to support Moore at all, knowing he's gotten more than his fair share of targets so far in his career.  He has not been abused by the Jets.  He is a vital piece of one of the most complete Offensive skill position groups we've had in a while.
I'm not sure what # he would be happy with.  And it really is a horrible look to whine and have a trade-me tantrum whilst whining just because of a one-game drop in target opportunities.  It really does read as horribly selfish.  Had he left it at the first tweet, it's forgivable, young guy, passionate, hungry, frustration, ok, I get it.
The double-down feels almost fatal, relationship wise.
With that said, I refuse to join the flip-flopping majority here who previously were calling Moore a vital stud future All-Pro, and now are saying he's "massively overrated" and sucks, but somehow should be traded for a #1 or #2 pick, lol.  That's just ridiculous.  
We're better WITH Moore than without him.  Moore is better than Berrios.  Better than Mims.  Better than Davis.  Getting open is not his problem (despite the new narrative that he dogs it and is never open, which is 100% bullsh*t).  Having him is better than not having him.  And it's the job of our GM and Head Coach and O-Co to fix this broken relationship.  Not with cut-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face benching's or the like, but with talking to the player, addressing his concerns, expressing the team's priorities and concerns, and finding a way to work together.  Because trading him is dumb and will hurt us in 2022 and beyond.  Mims is not the answer (and I'm pretty sure I recall him demanding trades too, so why should he profit from this current issue).
Moore needs confronted with the huge opportunity he has been given, that his targets are not low or unfair, and that winning has to come before his own stats, not just with us, but with anyone.  And he needs to be told, strait up, that there will be no trade, period.  Moore needs to do his job, and make it work, till his contract with us is over, period.
Correction... We are better w a happy Moore than without him.

Unhappy Moore we are better off without.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So @FidelioJet, what did you take exception to in my post that warranted the negrep, specifically?

Pretty much the same thing you felt the needed to negrep me for my belief that Davis's height plays a factor in his targets.

With that said, two things with which I did not agree that were rather important...

1) Corey Davis is a better WR than Eli (and it's not even close) - this more than anything else is the neg rep.

2) I believe Berrios skill set is better suited to play in the slot than Moore.  His short burst quickness allows for more separation.  This is arguable....

I do really like Eli's skill-set...clearly talented, but this Jet team is deep and he really might not have a big role here.

I'm actually agreeing with his thoughts that he probably should be traded, to a team in need a slot receiver.  Being a slot receiver - but the 3rd best one on your team just isn't a great option for him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Pretty much the same thing you felt the needed to negrep me for my belief that Davis's height is a factor in his targets.

With that said, two things with which I did not agree that were rather important...

1) Corey Davis is a better WR than Eli (and it's not even close) - this more than anything else is the neg rep.

2) I believe Berrios skill set is better suited to play in the slot than Moore.  His short burst quickness allows for more separation.  This is arguable....

I do really like Eli's skill-set...clearly talented, but this Jet team is deep and he really might not have a big role here.

I'm actually agreeing with his thoughts that he probably should be traded, to a team in need a slot receiver.  Being a slot receiver - but the 3rd best one on your team just isn't a great option for him.

Given your views on Zach Wilson, I guess I'm not surprised that your take is along these lines.  

Agree to disagree across the board.  

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And it's the job of our GM and Head Coach and O-Co to fix this broken relationship.  Not with cut-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face benching's or the like, but with talking to the player, addressing his concerns, expressing the team's priorities and concerns, and finding a way to work together.  Because trading him is dumb and will hurt us in 2022 and beyond.  Mims is not the answer (and I'm pretty sure I recall him demanding trades too, so why should he profit from this current issue).

In a perfect world this is how it would work. But you don't really know what Moore's attitude is. He may not give a f**k. He may be saying I don't give a f**k- get me the damn ball, I need my stats up cuz I'm thinking about my next contract.

The coaching staff and GM may have tried to reason with him. You just don't know. So you shouldn't assume. And at a certain point, you can't let one player, no matter how talented, control the narrative or direction of the team. What plays are called. Who gets the ball, etc. etc. You just can't. You won't win that way. Guess what. If it was up to Moore, he would be targeted on every play and every play would be a pass play.  

He's a grown a** man. I don't think you need to coddle him and tell him that winning has to come before his own stats. And I think that is pretty naive. In the end, this is a business. I think if its already in the news cycle, Moore has already been told the Jets don't plan to trade him- directly or via his agent. But like I said, this is not personal. And anything can happen. A trade would not SHOCK me.    

So how do you fix this? 

Well, typically there needs to be a little give on both sides. The Jets (and Zach) need to make an effort to get Moore involved early. Even if it does not work out on the field, at least it will send a message of good will. And Moore needs to chill out and do his job. This shouldn't be aired out in public on twitter. If Moore feels this is completely unfixable and just wants out no matter what, well that's a different story. He has that right. But he will have to face whatever consequences come with that. He doesn't have the leverage and will not win this fight. At best he will limp off the battle field once the Jets get acceptable draft capital for him. 

39 minutes ago, Warfish said:

(despite the new narrative that he dogs it and is never open, which is 100% bullsh*t)

I agree with 99% of your post, but there are definitely a couple of examples of him dogging it. And I really wouldn’t even hold that against him because almost every player takes the occasional play off, WRs not the focus of a play often get lazy, but that’s going to get amplified when the player requests a trade like this. In particular, there were a few YouTube football commentators laying the blame for Zach’s late half interception against Pittsburgh at his feet for a lazy/quit route. I wonder if that’s where he started getting pissed off… ? 

Oh, and that said, these people now saying he’s not good, or a lesser player than Berrios, etc., are out of their minds. Berrios is a different player and deserves his time on the field. Moore has a valid complaint that maybe he’s being misused, but that’s a discussion for behind closed doors, not a public wish to get off the team. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, fullblast said:

Look at the video from the GB game. He went short over the middle a couple of times and he was NOT open.

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Curious how my views of Zach Wilson plays a role in my thoughts on our WR group?

I'm not doing the same old same old again, sorry.

We fundamentally disagree on where the problem is.  We both know it.  No need to have the exact same debate we'd had a dozen times again.

• Upvote 1