MNF Cheatriots vs Bears: QB Index game

Bronx

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

This is the Patriots' 4th QB in 3 years. I don't think the Jets want a QB carousel like that. Plus, Mac Jones looked good last season, enough for a Pro Bowl. Zappe has like a 50% chance of not actually sucking anyways. Let Zach finish out the year before pulling the plug.

Yes Zach gets to finish the year but if there’s not a drastic improvement we must draft a qb 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

You’re dealing with it by trolling your supposed fellow Jets fans on a day that they are super down. Just freaking pathetic. 

I've expressed excitement over Robinson, a personal draft fave... i think the running game will be fine. In fact, i've been overly optimistic about this team's potential.

The only thing you're reacting to is my unhappiness with our 2nd year QB who's not playing nearly as well as he needs to. Some yahoo NE tripped over from Western Kentucky is playing circles around our guy in his first 3 games. That should make any Jets fan insane. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Yes Zach gets to finish the year but if there’s not a drastic improvement we must draft a qb 

Of course. I agree with that. I think we should trade for a QB instead of drafting one, but if Zach doesn't improve Jets should jump ship while they can

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I've excitement over Robinson, a personal draft fave... i think the running game will be fine. In fact, i've been overly optimistic about this team's potential.

The only thing you're reacting to is my unhappiness with our 2nd year QB who's not playing nearly as well as he needs to. Some yahoo NE tripped over from Western Kentucky is playing circles around our guy in his first 3 games. That should make any Jets fan insane. 

Against 3 terrible defenses and Zach has played some of the best in the nfl against the pass.

But why would context matter

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, but its better than sticking with a QB for too long that is definitely not the answer.

I would disagree. Look at the Colts situation, for example. They haven't had a same QB for longer than a season for many years now and they've been a joke most of those years. Patriots look to be going on the same path. Sticking with a QB too long is bad but consistently switching between is worse because of a lack of continuity.

8 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Nothing? He literally beat 2 teams in the last seconds of the game being nearly perfect... Without those perfect drives they are 3-4

Yea no. Kenny Pickett was volunteering INTs and our team was providing much needed support. He flashed some moxy with Davis, but also HE'S SUPPOSED TO... he was the 2nd freaking pick in the draft and this is year two. What he did against loser steeler team should be the floor, not the ceiling.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Paradis said:

Yea no. Kenny Pickett was volunteering INTs and our team was providing much need support. He flash some moxy with Davis, but also HE'S SUPPOSED TO... he was the 2nd freaking pick in the draft and this is year two. What he did against loser steeler team should be the floor, not the ceiling.

He still made those drives... No matter how they got the ball

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Nothing? He literally beat 2 teams in the last seconds of the game being nearly perfect... Without those perfect drives they are 3-4

Without his ineptitude for the other 58 minutes the salvage job isn’t necessary. I’ll take the 58 minutes over the 2. It’s more sustainable. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we’ve won, but this isn’t what you look to see in the “year 2 evaluation year” which is what everyone told me was the only thing this season was about.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Saleh had the balls that BB has, Mike White would've permanently replaced Zach after the Cincinnati game last year.

He would be stupid to do that. Mike White had a wonder game and sucked terribly after that. He's a good temporary stopgap if the starter is hurt, but he's too easy to figure out to be long term.