What Will It Take To Finally Trust Zach "The Enigma" Wilson?

Nobody was asking this stuff after the Pittsburgh game / 4 th qtr. wish everyone would just relax at this point, as the draft isn’t next weekend and we ain’t trading for a QB this trade window. 

let the kid develop/show for the rest of thenseason
Yes.

Yes we were. Maybe it was you that wasn't.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

Be more than a 1 read qb

STOP throwing behind, infront of or low for your receivers. The amount of yards left on the field is incredible.

The line has been horrid so I see why he is running so much but they never result in big plays so cut that ish out.

Learn to look off a safety will ya?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

Nobody was asking this stuff after the Pittsburgh game / 4 th qtr. wish everyone would just relax at this point, as the draft isn’t next weekend and we ain’t trading for a QB this trade window. 

let the kid develop/show for the rest of thenseason

yes we were. people forget how horrendous the first 3 qts was.

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Puzzling decisions resulting in 2 picks over last 9 games, 3 career games with more than 1 turnover, and 1 career lost fumble. Absolutely reckless I tell you 

Read me the stats for running around like an idiot.

Also, the 3-and outs (which are also a turnover of possessions).

How about the entirety of offensive production after those.

If all you want to see us that Zach is good, then it’s no surprise you’d ignore production and instead focus on stats out of context to validate your feelings, and that’s fine. While you do that, I’ll be over here expecting better.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

that headless chicken dance needs to stop. maybe if it did more people would have  a little faith in him. also how about standing in the pocket for a second and try to make a play instead of doing the chicken run.

he could stop running backwards.

and make throws on target instead of making his WRs twisted sideways or dive to catch it. he is leaving a lot of YAC on the field.

thats all i ask. he cleans that up i would give him a 3rd year

Same.

Badic sh*t like take your 7-step drop, then climb the pocket and deliver a 7 yard pass.

Stop turning your back to the line of scrimmage, running around and doing dumb sh*t. Eventually the replays won’t be in our favor. We dodged a lot of bullets in the Denver game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Most critics on this site need him to show 250 yds and 2 TDs a game... Game manager doesn't count... Conditions on the field don't count... Winning or losing don't count... They need him to be Tony Romo but clutch and win games not t Tony Romo but become a pumpkin in the 4th... 

At the moment he is close to Tim Tebow...  But he is doing what it takes to win so I couldn't care less how he looks... Just win... 

In this era of the NFL 250 + 2 is game management.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Yes hahahaha when two of them happened the first three weeks of his career and he has 2 INTs in last 9 games and 1 career lost fumble 
Ok I'll give you the 2 out of the first 3...but I'm not sold on him because he isn't turning it over. He misses too many people and the passes he hits almost all need better placement. He is way too wired up and needs a while before he gets settled in.

I said it before and I'll say it again, the kids needs a medication adjustment

Wilson only needs time. Step 1 in QB development is understanding your limitations i.e. everyone in the nfl is like the best player you have ever played against. Most QBs never complete Step 1. Wilson has. Step 2 is growth. Welcome to Step 2. It’s not sexy stuff. It’s foundational stuff. Fortunately the coaching staff seems to get it too.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

We’d be 1-6 with Flacco 

im not so sure.

Carter started the season as RB1. Hall started with 6...7 and 8 carries in the 1st 3 games. then week 4 he had 17 carries, then 18 and 20 vs GB. Hall carried us these last 4 games. he would have done the same with Flacco. even if Flacco turned the ball over he would make more plays then Zach that would even it out.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

This is true but thats partly JD's fault. We should have a better backup. With this D we might be 7-0.

+1 The entire reason Flacco is here is because no one wants him to actually play. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

The same people who open threads about uniforms are the same people who, in my opinion, have a limited vision on our QB situation. I was never a Zach Wilson fan or apologist, but now that he is on the team, we have to put everything in balance. He has performed clutch-like in important games. He did not have a full preseason, which to some peopel I guess it does not matter, and last year he did not have a full season either. His athleticism has avoided us losing games by escaping sacks. And if I remember correctly, he is only in his 2nd year. 

So, what is the beef? the same people who want this or that uniform, also want to, more than winning, have a Jet QB in their fantasy league. 

Nobody has or had a Jets QB in a starting FF lineup since Pennington.  

7 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Geno says emoji112.png

If anything Geno is not an argument to hold out hope for bad QBs — it’s an argument to take some cheap rehab fliers on other teams’ busts. Which is what I recommended the Jets do with Trubisky. These lotto tickets cost essentially nothing. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

honestly....he needs to do almost a complete 180 in terms of his play on the field. does he have a good arm and ability to escape pass rush? sure. but he has been terrible at pretty much everything else that would make him look like even just a decent nfl qb

Completely false 

He needs to be more consistently  accurate, that’s it 

• More Ugh 1

11 hours ago, doitny said:

that headless chicken dance needs to stop. maybe if it did more people would have  a little faith in him. also how about standing in the pocket for a second and try to make a play instead of doing the chicken run.

he could stop running backwards.

and make throws on target instead of making his WRs twisted sideways or dive to catch it. he is leaving a lot of YAC on the field.

thats all i ask. he cleans that up i would give him a 3rd year

All that plus improved completion and quicker decisions (him being late is what's causing those WR  twists)  

And I need to see it consistently over multiple games. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Wilson only needs time. Step 1 in QB development is understanding your limitations i.e. everyone in the nfl is like the best player you have ever played against. Most QBs never complete Step 1. Wilson has. Step 2 is growth. Welcome to Step 2. It’s not sexy stuff. It’s foundational stuff. Fortunately the coaching staff seems to get it too.

You would think the #2 overall pick would need less time but whatever. Guess as long as we get there, fine by me. 
Biggest thing is dealing with pressure and trusting himself and his team around him. Right now he doesn’t trust the OL and causing him to bail early, drop his eyes, etc. Need to see more confidence from him. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Kevin L said:

Seriously. When you ask yourself, "what is this guy doing?" multiple times a game, you might have a QB problem.

I watched the game at a hotel sports bar, which is a great place to see all the games (assuming Sunday ticket) and be surrounded by a host of fans for different teams. Eagles fan, 2 chiefs fans, 2 Pats fans, a Steelers fan, myself and 1 other Jets fan.

Every single snap = the bold was asked if me by all of them. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I watched the game at a hotel sports bar, which is a great place to see all the games (assuming Sunday ticket) and be surrounded by a host of fans for different teams. Eagles fan, 2 chiefs fans, 2 Pats fans, a Steelers fan, myself and 1 other Jets fan.

Every single snap = the bold was asked if me by all of them. 

Did you respond with “winning games” ?

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

We’d be 1-6 with Flacco 

7 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

This is true but thats partly JD's fault. We should have a better backup. With this D we might be 7-0.

It’s not “true”. It’s an untestable hypothesis. 

This posits that Zach’s ability to scramble is a deciding factor in this winning streak. However, it is not enough to outweigh the facts that our defense and run game were dominant thru that stretch of games and the true deciding factor in the wins. Additionally, you could hypothesize that being able to read a defense pre-snap, change protections, get the ball to the hot read, and simply throw it away are all variables that would not offset ‘scrambling’.

Quute honestly, this is a non- argument. By no stretch if the imagination has Zach been good or effective. He has been hidden. The arguments trying to prove otherwise depend on non-contextual stats and unprovable hyoerbole.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

It’s not “true”. It’s an untestable hypothesis. 

This posits that Zach’s ability to scramble is a deciding factor in this winning streak. However, it is not enough to outweigh the facts that our defense and run game were dominant thru that stretch of games and the true deciding factor in the wins. Additionally, you could hypothesize that being able to read a defense pre-snap, change protections, get the ball to the hot read, and simply throw it away are all variables that would not offset ‘scrambling’.

Quute honestly, this is a non- argument. By no stretch if the imagination has Zach been good or effective. He has been hidden. The arguments trying to prove otherwise depend on non-contextual stats and unprovable hyoerbole.

Quite honestly, you are taking two games where we leaned on our run game and defense, against two elite defenses, in the toughest environments to play in the nfl, where the qB protected the football and won, as some sort of career indictment.

Herbert threw for 237 and an int on FIFTY SEVEN pass attempts against Denver, at home. Get a grip . 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

19 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

You would think the #2 overall pick would need less time but whatever. Guess as long as we get there, fine by me. 
Biggest thing is dealing with pressure and trusting himself and his team around him. Right now he doesn’t trust the OL and causing him to bail early, drop his eyes, etc. Need to see more confidence from him. 

You would hope. But the good news is that the raw talent is there and obvious. It’s when you’re stuck with a guy who doesn’t seem to posses any special traits that you should move in fast. It’s worth being patient with Wilson because the raw materials are great 

• More Ugh 1