Do you think Saleh would fire his best friends brother?

Mario

Never heard of an NFL team dumping a QB they drafted the second overall pick in without at least trying to get him some different coaching. I don’t think this is fair to MLF, but the Jets invested a lot more into Zach Wilson than they have Mike LaFleur. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

ML is not the problem. We saw his offense click when any QB other than Zach runs it.

I agree, but part of his job was to develop Zach Wilson. 

That’s also not entirely true. The Jets are what? 2-7 without Zach. Outside of that one game it’s not like the offense has been a juggernaut. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, Mario said:

Never heard of an NFL team dumping a QB they drafted the second overall pick in without at least trying to get him some different coaching. I don’t think this is fair to MLF, but the Jets invested a lot more into Zach Wilson than they have Mike LaFleur. 

Josh Rosen was gone after 1 season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Mario said:

That’s also not entirely true. The Jets are what? 2-7 without Zach. Outside of that one game it’s not like the offense has been a juggernaut. 

Can't make chicken salad out of chicken turds. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

Josh Rosen was gone after 1 season. 

the entire coaching staff that drafted Rosen got fired and Kingsbury sold Kiem and the ownership on Kyler Murray. Saleh was on board with Zach Wilson. It would look terrible if he dumps him after two years after the organization invested the second overall pick in him. 

Add in the Elijah Moore drama and Saleh may be forced to make a move. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mario said:

This is my concern as well.

I think that they would bring in another coach and have a system similar to what they do in San Francisco...

I think that MLF will be good but over time.  He has two key problems that I see (i) He seems to play favorites and (ii) he does not seem to know how to balance out his targets and get all people involved. 

For example, how in the world can you play Moore in a game and not once design ANY plays for him but do so for Berrios? Insanity!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Mario said:

some QBs cant be developed.

so what your saying is if every OC was good any QB can be good. so Belichick should sign Johnny Manzel. its not his fault he sucks it was bad coaching? 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

For example, how in the world can you play Moore in a game and not once design ANY plays for him but do so for Berrios? Insanity!

how do we know they didnt? i remember Moore was open and Zach had the ball batted down at the LOS. 

maybe he was designed some plays but Zach left the pocket too early.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mario said:

the entire coaching staff that drafted Rosen got fired and Kingsbury sold Kiem and the ownership on Kyler Murray. Saleh was on board with Zach Wilson. It would look terrible if he dumps him after two years after the organization invested the second overall pick in him. 

It wouldn't look terrible if wilson sucks he sucks. He will get this entire season to prove he can play well. If not the HAVE to move on. This team is built to win games now. It can't wait for wilson.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

some QBs cant be developed.

so what your saying is if every OC was good any QB can be good. so Belichick should sign Johnny Manzel. its not his fault he sucks it was bad coaching? 

Is that what you are telling ownership if you are Robert Saleh? 

Can he not be developed or can you not develop him? You told me to draft him. You told me he had all this potential. You told me how smart he was. You told me he’s a great athlete. You told me he studies is ass off. 

24 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

ML is not the problem. We saw his offense click when any QB other than Zach runs it.

Sorry to hear about then power outage you suffered last year when you were forced to miss the mike white 4 int and zero td performance against the Bills. 

Not to mention Flacco doing all his damage in garbage time this year..... pretty much like what zach did yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Lafleur is not the issue.

struggling qb who is not developing and no one knows if he will is the major issue.

Struggling QB who is not developing is the issue. Coach whose job it is to develop him is not at any fault. 

32 minutes ago, Mario said:

We're 5-3 based off almost 100% rebuild in year less than 1.5.... you ran out of good ideas at post 1.

Go home drunkard. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mario said:

Sunk cost fallacy, no? Can he get better? Of course. Looking at it realistically though he's pretty God awful. 

2 minutes ago, Mario said:

Struggling QB who is not developing is the issue. Coach whose job it is to develop him is not at any fault. 

I think we are close to saying the same thing.

I guess the question is does the oc develop the qb or does that fall on the qb coach?

I do believe the oc has to game plan around what he has but we have to assume he is doing that and the qb is just not getting it yet.

if lafleur is going rouge and not ganeplanning to the capabilities, then I would place fault.

there simply is no evidence of that

5 minutes ago, Mario said:

Is that what you are telling ownership if you are Robert Saleh? 

Can he not be developed or can you not develop him? You told me to draft him. You told me he had all this potential. You told me how smart he was. You told me he’s a great athlete. You told me he studies is ass off. 

teams bust on 1st rd QBs all the time.

we made a mistake. we busted on Becton and others. it happens. no GM bats 1000.

you fire Lafluer and you get a new system Zach needs to learn. and if he sucks next year who do you fire next? Saleh , JD ? Lafluer called good games to help us win 5 games. if Zach still sucks by the end of the year i dont think Woody will care if JD has a good plan for QB next year. 

if Zach sucks we will miss the playoffs im sure Woody wont have any love for Zach if that happens. who cares where he was drafted

57 minutes ago, Mario said:

Can you go away? 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I think we are close to saying the same thing.

I guess the question is does the oc develop the qb or does that fall on the qb coach?

I do believe the oc has to game plan around what he has but we have to assume he is doing that and the qb is just not getting it yet.

if lafleur is going rouge and not ganeplanning to the capabilities, then I would place fault.

there simply is no evidence of that

It’s usually debatable who’s fault it is. In this case, it’s pretty obvious. Zach stopped short of throwing a behind the back INT. The fade away INT was special though.

• Haha 2

Just now, GreenFish said:

It’s usually debatable who’s fault it is. In this case, it’s pretty obvious. Zach stopped short of throwing a behind the back INT. The fade away INT was special though.

That's how MLF draws it up. Hike the ball wait 3 seconds then panic 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Zach wilson is a 23 year old bust that no other team wants that has had zero good games in his career 

I disagree. I think there are a bunch of coaches who would like to work with Zach. it’s clear he’s got talent, he just needs the game to slow down for him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

jets lost 3 starters on the OL and their home run hitter RB.   Let’s definitely fire the OC.  

I’m not advocating for it, but if the Jets dump ZW after two years someone needs to be held accountable. 

I also lean toward the notion that they don’t dump ZW after this season, and instead try to fix him. That’s why I could see LaFleur being in a trouble.