Are you paying $8 a month

Bronx

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I think eventually they’ll make the site basically unusable for those without, similar to how Youtube ads got people using premium.

YT got nuts with the ads. I had YT Music Premium. Then I let it lapse and it was literally an ad after every song. Instead of re-upping it made me annoyed and now I give my $10/month to Tidal for music. Happy so far. 

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Most news and threads on this site are linked to Twitter. Are you paying $8 monthly for the Identity Verification Fee? 

NY Post, NJO, sportsspyder and obviously JN are other reliable sources.  Please post other sites besides the big networks (ESPN, Fox, etc.). I don't think that I will be paying those fees.

So are you in the media? Otherwise who gives a sh*t

The whining over $8 is epic..

Lets see who is a bot.

The celebs etc who have had can pay it

it is a business last I checked and revenue is important.

Twitter employees were selling them for a lot of money on the side so I guess people will pay to feel important..not me

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

This dude paid $44 Billion for Twitter while also borrowing $12 billion of it to do so meanwhile Twitter has lost money 2 of the last 3 years.

He has to pay $100 million monthly in interest on his loan for a company who is not making money. Now add in the fact that he is losing $4 million in advertising revenue per day over the past 2 weeks after firing Twitters moderation board. No company wants to be associated with a social media company that allows bigotry and hatred to be tolerated. He will sell Twitter for 50% of what he paid for it within a year,  mark my words. 

The Co-Founder of Twitter, Jack Dorsey, is also starting a new Twitter like company named "Bluesky, advertisers will bail on Twitter and move over there. 

Musk is a guy who buys companies, like Tesla, from other people and has engineers do the work. He's not a creator or an inventor, he's a financier.  He has no idea how to run a company.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Self made richest man in the world.  What a Dummy..

Self made? The dude buys companies that already exist and takes credit for them. Tesla was not his idea or company to start with. And he's tanking Tesla too. The stock is down 12% in a week all based on his comments and decisions with Twitter. And today he made a political statement on Twitter that will alienate even more advertisors. Whether you agree with him or not, it's going to happen, It's not a good look.

Tesla stock is down over 50% in the past year and is going to continue to drop based on his comments and his terrible management of Twitter. 

Forget about self made, he is going to self destroy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

28 minutes ago, Vader said:

SpaceX says hi

He will tank that too once it becomes public. People put up with his quirkiness before they knew much about him.  But now he's revealing himself and he's about to alienate himself from half the country. We'll revisit this in a year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Most news and threads on this site are linked to Twitter. Are you paying $8 monthly for the Identity Verification Fee? 

NY Post, NJO, sportsspyder and obviously JN are other reliable sources.  Please post other sites besides the big networks (ESPN, Fox, etc.). I don't think that I will be paying those fees.

Thinking about it.  Having spent some time in countries where free speech isn't a thing I always try to support it.  Even when people say things I don't (gasp) like or agree with.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He will tank that too once it becomes public. People put up with his quirkiness before they knew much about him.  But now he's revealing himself and he's about to alienate himself from half the country. We'll revisit this in a year. 

He was just awarded a $1.4 Billion contract mod by the federal government($4.96 B total contract). It covers, ground, launch, in-orbit, and cargo transport to ISS via NASA. The contract goes into 2030 iirc. 

You can check in with me at that time ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

You only have to pay the $8/mo if you want to be 'verified' and get the checkmark is my understanding.

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, because I’m important and people need to know that.

Well, kinda depends on what you use Twitter for I suppose.

If I as a Doctor want to tweet something that I feel is say medically relevant or  important re: COVID, vaccines or a sports injury on an athlete for example, being verified may lead some more credence to my tweet.

But if your just perusing and posting political opinions or whatever, yeah...being 'verified' isn't all that.

45 minutes ago, choon328 said:

LMAO.  Twitter had already alienated itself from half the country....I suppose not your preferred half.

It is what it is.  Gather  information from multiple sources,  and make your best assessment.  Oh...I'd avoid TikTok and Insta...JMO

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Self made? The dude buys companies that already exist and takes credit for them. Tesla was not his idea or company to start with. And he's tanking Tesla too. The stock is down 12% in a week all based on his comments and decisions with Twitter. And today he made a political statement on Twitter that will alienate even more advertisors. Whether you agree with him or not, it's going to happen, It's not a good look.

Tesla stock is down over 50% in the past year and is going to continue to drop based on his comments and his terrible management of Twitter. 

Have you seen the growth... Ummm the stock is up 5000% in 3 years.. So when all stocks went down... Some as much as 90% you are crying over him losing 50%... Jesus... The stock split 3 times... Don't be angry... Your arguments hold no weight... 

In comparison to gates... He stole everything... Elon inventing a boring company as a joke and made it into a legit business... 

53 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Not a fan. He's notoriously petty, and spending 44 billion on twitter fueled in large part by spite just adds to that narrative. The way he's handling the transition, especially with employees is just bad. A huge amount of people strangely orbit him too because he tries to come across as the quirky and relatable billionaire by making bad jokes online and smoking weed. He's leading some great efforts in various fields, but the guy is no hero or extreme genius. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Grandy said:

Not a fan. He's notoriously petty, and spending 44 billion on twitter fueled in large part by spite just adds to that narrative. The way he's handling the transition, especially with employees is just bad. A huge amount of people strangely orbit him too because he tries to come across as the quirky and relatable billionaire by making bad jokes online and smoking weed. He's leading some great efforts in various fields, but the guy is no hero or extreme genius. 

He is a genius but he is no hero that is true... He is ruthless to work for but so was jobs

• WTF? 1

56 minutes ago, Vader said:

He was just awarded a $1.4 Billion contract mod by the federal government($4.96 B total contract). It covers, ground, launch, in-orbit, and cargo transport to ISS via NASA. The contract goes into 2030 iirc. 

You can check in with me at that time ?

He reinvented space travel making it 10x less expensive than nasa hence why they contract him to do things for them

• Upvote 3