Let's talk Jets vs Detroit Lions

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I just think the most important position in all of sports should ultimately help the team win.

When you have the worst one in the league - and then move to MUCH better one - I expected that to translate to wins.  Especially against a team they already beat.  

Nothing passive about it - just a belief.  It is starting to seem that I am wrong though.   

Busy Body Stirring GIF by VidaChic

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

Win next 3 they are in it’s simple win next 3 Zach Wilson starts in garbage time game vs Miami 

Yes, but easier said than done.  If they won two weeks ago or this week, they would have a much better shot at it.  Again... They are not out of it, but they only have room to lose one of their remaining 4 games and the last game is against a very good Dolphins team.  If they don't win their next three, I don't see them getting in.  

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

I feel like it’s gonna go how the Viking game went. 
Defense will hold, then give up a ton of penalties on one drive for points. Offense will take too long to get going. 
Hope I’m wrong. 

Goff is a statue back there

That is one thing that works in Jets’ favor

Cousins and Allen (obviously) can scramble and extend

• Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I just think the most important position in all of sports should ultimately help the team win.

When you have the worst one in the league - and then move to MUCH better one - I expected that to translate to wins.  Especially against a team they already beat.  

Nothing passive about it - just a belief.  

It is starting to seem that I am wrong though.   

Honest question. Did u really expect jets to beat bills twice this season? Yes we can beat them but they are a really good team. Probably Super Bowl favorites. We hung in with them til the end.

• Upvote 1

The playoff run started today.  They lost.   They are not out, but their chances went down by a good clip. They are playing lesser teams at home the next two weeks.  If they are good enough to be a playoff team, they should win both games convincingly. 

And if they don’t, what questions should be asked?
Who is at fault?

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

And if they don’t, what questions should be asked?
Who is at fault?

Not so much who's fault, but what they are missing.  IMHO, with Breece hall and AVT back, they win the last two games.   To get better, they need to get the QB situation worked out as job 1.  That alone is a huge deal.  It eclipses all else.  After that, they can use better manpower on the offensive line and another pass catcher.  And, they can hope that Breece returns to form.   Defense is in good shape, but you can always improve.  Perhaps take the best player in the draft when it comes time to go defense. I would not mind a safety or another LB that can come off the edge. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Salehs Waterloo.  If he loses to Dan Campbell after mind flaying the #2 pick in the draft, he can’t be considered the guy. 

Identical conditions….Zach Wilson starts these last 2 games, Jets Lose BOTH by 21+ points.  ZW at best throws for 80 yards today and is picked 3x.  Unfortunately kid has never progressed in trying to read an NFL D in almost 2 years and had better footwork back in college (that’s a beyond brutal indictment to hit him with), along with the fact his head is in such shambles he’s missing throws average HS QB’s can hit in their sleep.

2 yards of Offense in the 2nd Half in NE with Jet receivers running Wide Open All game long, according to the All 22.  Wilson made the NE D look like the 85 Bears if you didn’t know that.

Jets one Braxton Berrios drop in the end zone from being checked off for some very very respectable play in two places that are virtually impossible to win in.

Saleh, in only a single season has turned the Jet D from the Worst in the league to almost a juggernaut that no one wants to play against. I hope Saleh is the Jet HC 10 years from now.

Saleh definitely did the right thing benching Wilson.  He was close to losing his locker room, and he knew it.  

Wilson is a bust.  It happens.  Actually it happens a lot with highly picked QBs.  Jets just press on.  They have the makings of a great team with this young roster that is filled with some outstanding young talent.  That’s the most important thing.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I think they need to work JJ into the rotation more at DE

Similar to the Bryce Huff situation 

I know they love Lawson but he just never seems to get home in a critical situation 

Whenever JJ gets on the field, he makes something happen

The blocked punt was the kind of play championship teams make in a “have to have it” situation

Unfortunately, the hole was too deep to dig out of and the MC fumble put the nail in the coffin

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

3 things need to happen for us to win this game:

1- White needs to be 100% healthy

2- Defense needs to create turnovers

3- Offense needs to be aggressive from the opening kickoff.  Need to score points in the 1st half w/ some explosive plays.  Leave the conservative, check down crap home.

How can White possibly be 100% healthy by next week?

• Post of the Week 1

If the offense can get its crap together the Jets should beat the Lions. Jets D is good enough I think and the Lions D bad enough that if the offense plays at all better than they did against MIN and BUF they should win this game.

I guess the real key for the Jets is to start out strong. I'm sick of this team waiting to play until the 4th quarter. That won't fly against the Lions. Score or be scored upon.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Not so much who's fault, but what they are missing.  IMHO, with Breece hall and AVT back, they win the last two games.   To get better, they need to get the QB situation worked out as job 1.  That alone is a huge deal.  It eclipses all else.  After that, they can use better manpower on the offensive line and another pass catcher.  And, they can hope that Breece returns to form.   Defense is in good shape, but you can always improve.  Perhaps take the best player in the draft when it comes time to go defense. I would not mind a safety or another LB that can come off the edge. 

I'm not sure about that, Knight has stepped up. And without Hall going down and the ineffectiveness of Robinson, this CS wouldn't have given Knight a chance otherwise.

The OL and more importantly the OC need to improve. Those are the two things holding this team back.

10 hours ago, undertow said:

The Jets will destroy the Lions next week everyone will get excited and Lawrence will come into NY and throw for 400 yards...because that's just what happens in Jet world.

Could you imagine what everyone would be saying about the future of this team had we just managed to not f*ck up and actually land T Law? I’d like to think we still end up with mostly the same roster.

• Upvote 2