Tomorrow Will Be An IQ Test ...

KRL

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Teams like the Bills and Seahawks love to play at home with the crazed support of their fans.  The Jets have to worry about losing their fans after a bad first drive.

You realize the “crazed” fans are out in support of a winning team right?

If the JETS were a true playoff contender the place would be insane… I think back to the Rex Playoff runs and the stadium was shaking.

the bills have had plenty of half empty games

the Seahawks too

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/1995/aug/18/in-search-of-an-audience-seahawks-ticket-sales/

You just see a winning team with a full stadium and think it’s always that way? ?

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The idiotic idea that anyone should boo players just for getting in the game for starters?

They drafted the second rated QB on most boards with the pick.  No one thought it was a bad pick at the time.  MMQB in you has decided he never will become what people thought he would become therefore they’ve done everything wrong at the QB position they could have possibly done.   
And now their backup who has averaged over 300 per and led his team to 420 tot yards per game is hurt so that’s also doing everything wrong.    
Because it’s so easy to find and develop a QB.  History of the NFL proves that
And I’m prattling on here.  

Theres no MMQB needed, plenty of people thought it was a bad pick. Just because the consensus says it's acceptable to pick a player in a certain spot, doesnt mean you should, or that you get a pass if he fails. Hell, half this board thought it was a bad pick. 

Then they backed the bad pick up with two statues. Sure, White throws for some yardage, how about those TDs? How many games did he win us? 2? Out of a possible 5 or 6 that hes played? He came close a couple times. Ok? What's that do for us? 

2 minutes ago, ECURB said:

You realize the “crazed” fans are out in support of a winning team right?

If the JETS were a true playoff contender the place would be insane… I think back to the Rex Playoff runs and the stadium was shaking.

the bills have had plenty of half empty games

the Seahawks too

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/1995/aug/18/in-search-of-an-audience-seahawks-ticket-sales/

You just see a winning team with a full stadium and think it’s always that way? ?

I see so fans only show up when the team wins. And we wonder why the Jets don't have a homefield advantage 

i dont think it really matters and might actually be good thing to lite fire under his jock.
Also, I am not sure he plays well when expectations are high, he seems to play better when lowered.
Yeah .. like against Pittsburgh in the 4th .. expectations were super low then.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Why is this game won or lost based on the  performance of our defense? Should our offense not be able to take advantage of one of the league’s worst defenses? Is it really that unheard of that a large proportion of the offensive production revolves around the most important position in sports?  

Our defense is supposedly a dominant top 3 D in the league,   Detroits offense is their strength, strength vs strength as opposed to weakness vs weakness

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Our defense is supposedly a dominant top 3 D in the league,   Detroits offense is their strength, strength vs strength as opposed to weakness vs weakness

Seemingly absolving Zach of any responsibility…  I hold Zach to the same standards as White: the offense should move the ball against an inferior defense. If receivers drop passes that hit their hands in the end zone, I will not fault him for that. I will, however fault him for dirting passes, overthrowing open receivers and leaving the pocket too early, while keeping his back the LOS. Hopefully he goes on a stretch and we make the playoffs, last history doesn’t support that hope.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KRL said:

For fans in the stadium, because if Wilson gets off to a slow start and
they start booing that will prove they no nothing about the team.  Why?
Because we have NO ALTERNATIVE at QB, Flacco is a statue and a strip sack
waiting to happen if he plays we're done.  Hopefully Wilson gets off to a
10/10 start and the crowd goes crazy but if he doesn't booing serves no
purpose

They won’t be booing because they don’t understand the alternative at the position, they’ll be booing because they’re fed up with the ridiculous snake bitten luck of this team for the last 50 years. No boo or cheer is going to make or break what Zach Wilson is or isn’t. 

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It’s not. It’s a consistent top 10 defense. Losing Q would be really bad because the lions Oline is very good 

2 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

They won’t be booing because they don’t understand the alternative at the position, they’ll be booing because they’re fed up with the ridiculous snake bitten luck of this team for the last 50 years. No boo or cheer is going to make or break what Zach Wilson is or isn’t. 

Which is why booing is even more absurd. Like that will change anything. 

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Theres no MMQB needed, plenty of people thought it was a bad pick. Just because the consensus says it's acceptable to pick a player in a certain spot, doesnt mean you should, or that you get a pass if he fails. Hell, half this board thought it was a bad pick. 

Then they backed the bad pick up with two statues. Sure, White throws for some yardage, how about those TDs? How many games did he win us? 2? Out of a possible 5 or 6 that hes played? He came close a couple times. Ok? What's that do for us? 

There were few to no expert, draft types that thought it was a bad pick.  Even the few who didn’t like him over another QB thought the Jets bungled the pick, had to understand why he was taken.  Half this board didn’t think it was a bad pick, you’re just making it up now.  

Watching White play and your take is he’s a statue and sure he throws for some yardage says you have no idea of what’s been going on.  They’ve been averaging 420 total yards per game.  He isn’t the reason why they only won one of his 3 games.  Following your disjointed logic your Zach complaints should be taken back, he went 5-2 and all. 

Anyone who is bitching about QB play these last 3 games should quit

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There were few to no expert, draft types that thought it was a bad pick.  Even the few who didn’t like him over another QB thought the Jets bungled the pick, had to understand why he was taken.  Half this board didn’t think it was a bad pick, you’re just making it up now.  

Watching White play and your take is he’s a statue and sure he throws for some yardage says you have no idea of what’s been going on.  They’ve been averaging 420 total yards per game.  He isn’t the reason why they only won one of his 3 games.  Following your disjointed logic your Zach complaints should be taken back, he went 5-2 and all. 

Anyone who is bitching about QB play these last 3 games should quit

I'm bitching about the totality of the QB play under JD, not 3 games. 

Varying problems can exist among all the quarterbacks, each guy is not married to the exact same logic. 

Zach sucks, cant pass, cant operate the offense, cant stay healthy, is ultra mobile, and goes 5-2. Ok? Still doesnt change the fact that wont cut it long term. 

White is much better than Zach, but isnt mobile what so ever, and cant stay healthy, and goes 1-3. Ok? Still doesnt change the fact that also wont cut it long term.

Flaccid. Theres no need to go into. 

I'm failing to see how any of these indicate that the Jets have done anything right at QB?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No, there's an irrational hatred (Yes I used Hatred) for him that goes far beyond his ability (or lack there of) to play football.

By many fans, not all - but many.

it's not irrational 

the hatred is mathematically proportional to the Jamarcus Russell level of bust play he's shown so far 

this thread is dumb. If Zach plays well we will cheer if he doesn't, well. That's how it goes 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, KRL said:

For fans in the stadium, because if Wilson gets off to a slow start and
they start booing that will prove they no nothing about the team.  Why?
Because we have NO ALTERNATIVE at QB, Flacco is a statue and a strip sack
waiting to happen if he plays we're done.  Hopefully Wilson gets off to a
10/10 start and the crowd goes crazy but if he doesn't booing serves no
purpose

Dude they are going to be booing him leaving the hotel to get on the bus, during warmups, player intros, during the game, after the game, heading towards the team bus. 

It is what Jets fans do

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I'm bitching about the totality of the QB play under JD, not 3 games. 

Varying problems can exist among all the quarterbacks, each guy is not married to the exact same logic. 

Zach sucks, cant pass, cant operate the offense, cant stay healthy, is ultra mobile, and goes 5-2. Ok? Still doesnt change the fact that wont cut it long term. 

White is much better than Zach, but isnt mobile what so ever, and cant stay healthy, and goes 1-3. Ok? Still doesnt change the fact that also wont cut it long term.

Flaccid. Theres no need to go into. 

I'm failing to see how any of these indicate that the Jets have done anything right at QB?

you don’t know who will or won’t develop long term.   
I can’t stand the White isn’t mobile enough to play nonsense.  He’s not mobile, so what, neither is the GOAT.  Didn’t cause him to lose, that’s a ridiculous take, mobile QBs get hit and get hurt.  He hurt and you need to blame him for the injury, go for it.  I don’t agree. 
You’re bitching to bitch.  It’s what you do.  Move on, having ZW as a pick and MW as a find is as far from butchering the QB situation as can be hoped for.  

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

There was this surgeon I worked with, had the best pedigree you could ask for, (Ivy league, Hopkins, you name it) all the talent in the world, yet, his patients kept doing poorly. He no longer works in our hospital, despite his potential. Sometimes people are just bad at their job and shouldn’t be allowed to do it. Zach is bad at his job. If he can’t handle booing, he’s not only bad at his job, he’s also mentally weak. 

Did you boo him while he was in surgery?

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Teams like the Bills and Seahawks love to play at home with the crazed support of their fans.  The Jets have to worry about losing their fans after a bad first drive.

yeah im sure they wouldnt boo the worst QB in the NFL for 2 years that comes back after a 3 week reset and sucks. 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Make it...

Well, I'm not going to waste my evening searching for and cutting and paste all of the "The Jets were 5-2 when Zach started" posts. There's several hundred. It's an absolutely absurd thing to say. There are probably 40 to 50 other players who started those games, as well. It's kind of ironic that the same Zach apologists also say the Jets are 1-2 with MW.

Yeah, Zach went 1-2 after Breece Hall got injured. Weird how that happened. 

But hey, that's the hill you are choosing to die on. 

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No, there's an irrational hatred (Yes I used Hatred) for him that goes far beyond his ability (or lack there of) to play football.

By many fans, not all - but many.

He hasn’t been good. Anger towards him is not irrational. Jets fans want to see good QB play which is why we all rabidly jumped on the Mike F’ing White train.

Zach just needs to play well.  All this stuff about fans is just side noise and excuses.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Coquito said:

Well, I'm not going to waste my evening searching for and cutting and paste all of the "The Jets were 5-2 when Zach started" posts. There's several hundred. It's an absolutely absurd thing to say. There are probably 40 to 50 other players who started those games, as well. It's kind of ironic that the same Zach apologists also say the Jets are 1-2 with MW.

Yeah, Zach went 1-2 after Breece Hall got injured. Weird how that happened. 

But hey, that's the hill you are choosing to die on. 

So, your argument is because fans were happy to be 5-2 - they shouldn't be because the Jets had a good running game?

That's fine I guess.  Some fans just like to see their team win.

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

He hasn’t been good. Anger towards him is not irrational. Jets fans want to see good QB play which is why we all rabidly jumped on the Mike F’ing White train.

Zach just needs to play well.  All this stuff about fans is just side noise and excuses.

If the discussions were just about his play on the field then I would be on board with it.

People are just making sh*t up - to continue to attack beyond his play.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

So, your argument is because fans were happy to be 5-2 - they shouldn't be because the Jets had a good running game?

That's fine I guess.  Some fans just like to see their team win.

No that's just you and your imagination. Go ahead and roll with it. Here, let's try this. I'm not going to waste my time to look it up, but who on the current offensive line also started all 7 of those games? How come nobody makes an argument for them? Once? Twice? A hundred times? Because it would be irrational.

Zach Wilson is UNQUESTIONABLY the worst starting QB in the NFL. 

33 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's not irrational 

the hatred is mathematically proportional to the Jamarcus Russell level of bust play he's shown so far 

this thread is dumb. If Zach plays well we will cheer if he doesn't, well. That's how it goes 

You're saying that hatred going further than his ability to play well isn't irrational?

• Upvote 1