Mike white not expected to play next week

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“Giving Zach Wilson an opportunity to earn his job back.” 

Wracking my brain trying to figure out where Rapoport got this tidbit from. 

Jets playing two bad defenses in a row.  The conspiracy theorists should have a field day with this. 

If it is, I hope the jets and white have agreed to a secret contract for next year. Kid deserves something for being yanked around this year....literally and figuratively. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Jets playing two bad defenses in a row.  The conspiracy theorists should have a field day with this. 

If it is, I hope the jets and white have agreed to a secret contract for next year. Kid deserves something for being yanked around this year....literally and figuratively. 

This makes no sense.  Neither the bears nor bills nor vikings d is any good either.

• Upvote 2

Look I don’t care who starts for the Jets. Imo today White would give us our best chance to beat the Lions but he’s out. Actually Zach is 5-2 as Jets starter (both Ls vs Patriots a D he obviously couldn’t figure out). White is 1-2 as starter. If Zach plays well and wins go with the hot hand. If you say some of those Ws were because of Breece Hall you wouldn’t be wrong. What’s wrong with that many good NFL QBs and offenses are based around good running backs. 

• Upvote 2

Mike White is 1-2 as a starter. While offense did look better with him in as a starter, he can’t stay healthy and he can’t find the end zone. Cant extend plays and avoid sacks. You can’t underestimate the threat of an athletic QB as we saw last night with Josh Allen. Mike White’s lack of mobility is what gets him injured.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“Giving Zach Wilson an opportunity to earn his job back.” 

Wracking my brain trying to figure out where Rapoport got this tidbit from. 

“Organizational decision” 

That quote from Saleh said it all when he announced MW was out. That means he was overruled. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Of course, by then nothing left to play for. Let Zach crash and burn so we can make  honest, merit based objective and serious look at the QB next season. Please, 

This is the darkest timeline. Jets marketing gonna have to go into overdrive w/those ticket ads on Facebook. Gonna be a half empty stadium. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

This is not really news.  Many of us here said this as soon as the news of him not being cleared was announced.

Rib injuries don't just disappear between a Monday and a Thursday.  We were always looking at the Seattle game as the first chance of him coming back.

• Upvote 2

When camp started, we had two questions at QB we needed to figure out. 1) Is Zach the guy?  Trying to be brutally objective, the answer is still to be determined but is solidly trending in the direction as a NO. 2) Is Mike White a legitimate backup? The answer is an obvious YES, with the potential to possibly be more than that. In the perfect world, that's not the order that you would have liked them to be solved, but whatever goes according to a perfect scenario in Jet Land? Zach has a huge opportunity in these last 4 games to give the answer to the more pressing question. As a competitor, that's all you can ask for. 

• Upvote 2