Mike white not expected to play next week

Jets playing two bad defenses in a row.  The conspiracy theorists should have a field day with this. 
If it is, I hope the jets and white have agreed to a secret contract for next year. Kid deserves something for being yanked around this year....literally and figuratively. 

Why do the jets need to stick with white? If zw doesn’t work out, why not go out and get a better qb?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

“Giving Zach Wilson an opportunity to earn his job back.” 

Wracking my brain trying to figure out where Rapoport got this tidbit from. 

Yeah, the fix is in. If Wilson plays bad and they lose them keep playing him bc the playoffs would be out of reach. If he plays average and they win they'll just keep playing him bc they're winning.  No matter what Wilson will be the guy for the rest of the year.  Some of these guys don't want to believe that the front office is doing all of this maneuvering in an attempt to save face from the terrible Wilson pick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, gdfodder said:

Why do the jets need to stick with white? If zw doesn’t work out, why not go out and get a better qb?

They can give him a nice 1/2 year contract without handing him the starting job. It would give him job security and give us a fall back plan if we can't find a better option in the offseason. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This makes no sense.  Neither the bears nor bills nor vikings d is any good either.

The Bills don't  have a good defense?  The Vikings were down 30 points at the half against Indy and practically shut them out in the second half. Half of the points were also scored by The Colts D. 

1 hour ago, tfine said:

Mike White is 1-2 as a starter. While offense did look better with him in as a starter, he can’t stay healthy and he can’t find the end zone. Cant extend plays and avoid sacks. You can’t underestimate the threat of an athletic QB as we saw last night with Josh Allen. Mike White’s lack of mobility is what gets him injured.

I keep hearing how being Mobile and athletic helps. I other words Zach is a better QB choice but we scored more points and had more yards a game with White. 

I keep hearing how being Mobile and athletic helps. I other words Zach is a better QB choice but we scored more points and had more yards a game with White. 
And less wins .... I don't think either QB has displayed dominant winning football.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

This is not really news.  Many of us here said this as soon as the news of him not being cleared was announced.

Rib injuries don't just disappear between a Monday and a Thursday.  We were always looking at the Seattle game as the first chance of him coming back.

As someone who broke 3 ribs and 2 vertebrae sking, I can tell you from experience the major part of the pain is the first 2 days. After that you are just sore as Hell but able to do stuff. By the end of thebforst week, it's  just an annoyance. I think with MW, they are worried about organ damage. I can't  otherwise  understand this decision.  It is totally a pain tolerance thing. 

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

And less wins .... I don't think either QB has displayed dominant winning football.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

In the Bills game we continually  shot ourselves  in the foot with fumbles  and didn't get any calls. Against MN. White did enough to win that game. Can you name a loss with Zach where you thought it was a shame he didn't  get the win? 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I can tell you from experience the major part of the pain is the first 2 days. After that you are just sore as Hell but able to do stuff.

Like play full contact sports at the highest level?

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

I agreed with being able to function around the house, and show up to ones office job. I guess he could throw on a flack jacket, but subjecting MW to further injury would probably be a major controversy in this day and age that would force the Woody and Co to sell the team. On second thought start MW it's just some soreness. ?

1 hour ago, tfine said:

Mike White is 1-2 as a starter. While offense did look better with him in as a starter, he can’t stay healthy and he can’t find the end zone. Cant extend plays and avoid sacks. You can’t underestimate the threat of an athletic QB as we saw last night with Josh Allen. Mike White’s lack of mobility is what gets him injured.

This isn't tennis. Teams win , not QBs.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You do realize that being better than or equal to Zach Wilson in any metric isn't really a defense of mike white as a good QB.

When the only QB's worth discussing for 2023 currently on our roster are Wilson and White, yes, it's a metric worth noting.

Zach is quite fragile.  6 games I believe missed due to injury in two seasons, and none of those injuries were on hits as wicked as what we saw last week.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tfine said:

PSA

ZACH DOES NOT EXTEND PLAYS.  He generally ruins them.  The only thing he does better is he can run a bit more but good luck relying on him to do it when we need it.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Like play full contact sports at the highest level?

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

I agreed with being able to function around the house, and show up to ones office job. I guess he could throw on a flack jacket, but subjecting MW to further injury would probably be a major controversy in this day and age that would force the Woody and Co to sell the team. On second thought start MW it's just some soreness. ?

In all seriousness, nobody ever told me to rest. The Dr said it's  all about the pain you can tolerate.  

22 minutes ago, tfine said:

So we are counting the “almost wins” with Mike White?

No, we are talking about who gives this team the best chance to win, or do you think we can keep winning with a QB that throws for 154 years and 1 TD and everyone says that was his best game. 

31 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

In the Bills game we continually  shot ourselves  in the foot with fumbles  and didn't get any calls. Against MN. White did enough to win that game. Can you name a loss with Zach where you thought it was a shame he didn't  get the win? 

Remember, it's never about the the details when Zach Wilson is part of the conversation.

Because any dive into details beyond "Zach won, he was 5-2" shows how deeply flawed that argument really is.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, tfine said:

So we are counting the “almost wins” with Mike White?

It's really not complicated.  MW's 2 losses were 10000% more impressive than ZW's.  ZW was never a Berrios-TD drop away from winning a game.  Was never screwed by Flacco and a running back fumble in his game against the Bills.  ZW actually had a running game in most games and wasn't told to throw the ball 57 & 44 times by Mike LaFluer.

• Upvote 1