How would feel if…….

SoJetsy

The season ends and they lose the last few games but play competitive as they have all year. I keep in mind that playoffs wasn’t expected this year until the defense did a total 180. Injuries are taking their toll now, QB hasn’t been stable from the start so I don’t know if this team can do anything if it made the playoffs with the lack of running game to help whoever is under center. I myself am happy with the kick ass culture being set and players and coaches holding each other accountable but still being a tight locker room. Coaches are still learning and the QB question will be settled with a vet like Jimmy G, and Mike and Zach competing for #2 like it should have been this year. How y’all feel?

• Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Would you be happy with winning two more and still missing the playoffs?

Happy of course not. I was hoping playoffs but when breece went down I knew it was going to be tough. 

but at the end of the day if I said 9 wins this year and only one blowout loss and lots of close games. I would be happy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, batman10023 said:

I was hoping playoffs but when breece went down I knew it was going to

If a rookie running back holds you back from success the jets have a larger roster issues. I have news for jets fans. Some guys are going to get hurt in 2023 as well. Just like every year to every team 

7 hours ago, SoJetsy said:

The season ends and they lose the last few games but play competitive as they have all year. I keep in mind that playoffs wasn’t expected this year until the defense did a total 180. Injuries are taking their toll now, QB hasn’t been stable from the start so I don’t know if this team can do anything if it made the playoffs with the lack of running game to help whoever is under center. I myself am happy with the kick ass culture being set and players and coaches holding each other accountable but still being a tight locker room. Coaches are still learning and the QB question will be settled with a vet like Jimmy G, and Mike and Zach competing for #2 like it should have been this year. How y’all feel?

That's where we are now.....  we have a decent team.  The perfect sh*t storm hit us.

Bad coaching at times, bad QB play at times, 2 punt returns.  We haven't played poorly per se. 

Like flipping a coin and getting tales 5 times in a row.  I have a feeling we only we win 1 more game.  Zach isnt good enough to carry an offense and our D cant stay on the field as much as they have been. Special teams has hurt us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, DireJet said:

Do the Jets have enough cap space to sign Jimmy G & MW? That seems unrealistic. 

Yes. They do/they will if they want to go this route.

I feel like we are negotiating against ourselves in regard to MW. How much do you think he is going to get paid??

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes. They do/they will if they want to go this route.

I feel like we are negotiating against ourselves in regard to MW. How much do you think he is going to get paid??

Mike T said 3yrs/$45m after Buffalo game but that was before the extent of his injury was known. I’m paraphrasing but he said it’s a QB hungry league and someone will look at MW’s tape and bite. 

4 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Mike T said 3yrs/$45m after Buffalo game but that was before the extent of his injury was known. I’m paraphrasing but he said it’s a QB hungry league and someone will look at MW’s tape and bite. 

Yeah I don’t see that happening now. MW is going to have to accept a lot lower APY or bet on himself with a prove-it deal.

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah I don’t see that happening now. MW is going to have to accept a lot lower APY or bet on himself with a prove-it deal.

Yeah, I think it’s a prove it deal. But who knows. His tape is good and the league is full of QBs much worse than him that the see the field every Sunday. 

16 hours ago, SoJetsy said:

Want nothing to do with Jimmy G.