If we are actually moving on from Zach...

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Agreed or whichever vet we sign / trade for.

I think White coming back and winning these last 2 would go a long way in his case to return as the starter next season…

I honestly don't  expect the Jets to win even one more game this season. They looked checked out against Jax. I just hope White plays well. 

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I honestly don't  expect the Jets to win even one more game this season. They looked checked out against Jax. I just hope White plays well. 

I think the Lions game + Wilson having to start against Jax killed their spirit.

But if White returns I think we can definitely win the next 2.

No White and we aren’t winning another one.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think the Lions game + Wilson having to start against Jax killed their spirit.

But if White returns I think we can definitely win the next 2.

No White and we aren’t winning another one.

funny thing is after TNF they have some extra time to spice up the Strevler package.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, doitny said:

we are not drafting a QB in the first rd for the 3rd time in 5 years. JD is not doing that 2 out of 3 years.

we are a half way decent QB from making a run at the SB. use that 1st rd pick on the many holes we have. 

this is one reason JD shouldn't be fired. A new GM will have to remake the team and may want to draft his guy. JD at least will try to salvage this thing as it's his plan

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Vader said:

this is one reason JD shouldn't be fired. A new GM will have to remake the team and may want to draft his guy. JD at least will try to salvage this thing as it's his plan

Salvage what? This team will be fine if Mike White can stay on the field for more than 3 games. It is the perfect situation to bring in someone if we are moving on from Zach. If JD thinks he wants to have Zach around for another 2 years, then yes, you do not draft another QB. The whole point of drafting someone like Hooker would be if we trade or release Zach. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Salvage what? This team will be fine if Mike White can stay on the field for more than 3 games. It is the perfect situation to bring in someone if we are moving on from Zach. If JD thinks he wants to have Zach around for another 2 years, then yes, you do not draft another QB. The whole point of drafting someone like Hooker would be if we trade or release Zach. 

I mostly agree but not on drafting a QB first round. Were I Woody Johnson I'd put a TRO on JD asap on drafting QBs in the first round.

Agree that White should be prioritized as he's a high beta level starter or at least higher than avg backup. 

First round should prioritize basically any other position -- OL, DL, WR, TE, or someone else special that drops or available. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Salvage his plan 

2 minutes ago, Vader said:

I mostly agree but not on drafting a QB first round. Were I Woody Johnson I'd put a TRO on JD asap on drafting QBs in the first round.

Agree that White should be prioritized as he's a high beta level starter or at least higher than avg backup. 

First round should prioritize basically any other position -- OL, DL, WR, TE, or someone else special that drops or available. 

Fug it .. Draft two QBs this year, And two next year .. until we get someone competent.

• Haha 2

Aside from the stuff on paper, the Jets should have two non-negotiables if (and this should still be a big if) they draft another guy: Nobody from western or rural areas of the country, and nobody that has any desire of having anything more than a casual social media presence. In hindsight, the last several guys the Jets drafted were going to be bad regardless, but I think it's pretty clear that the thickest of thick skins needs to be a prerequisite for even considering the guy. This is a market that will boo you so badly to the point that they will DM your mom and try to start fights with you outside the stadium when you are just trying to go home from work. I'm sure anyone can come from anywhere and handle that sh*t, but being from any non-urban area west of the Mississippi definitely decreases the odds of having that characteristic, and things have really kicked up a notch in this era here.

White's a good example of this. If you can survive fighting for your life zipping up and down the 95 amongst the morons in SoFla, you can handle NY. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Fug it .. Draft two QBs this year, And two next year .. until we get someone competent.

there's no need. all the team concept requires is competence. Waste of resources not to grab at least a low-risk starter. Jets also have real need for a big possession WR, a dynamic TE, and OL.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Vader said:

there's no need. all the team concept requires is competence. Waste of resources not to grab at least a low-risk starter. Jets also have real need for a big possession WR, a dynamic TE, and OL.

My post was slightly in jest .... but i fully agree the team absolutely needs a brandon marshall, DT on the outside.

Yeah I'm not too big on drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds this year.  I think we need to walk away with our starting LT, starting C, and a decent LB prospect in those rounds.  I'm all for taking a project QB in the 4th or 5th though.  Re-sign White, bring in a Minshew or Dalton as a veteran backup, and then the kid you draft as the #3.  Now your OL is set though, you have your weapons on offense, your D is alright high-end and should continue to get better(especially if we cut Mosley and bring in a guy like Lavonte David).  

I just think '24 will be the year to find the new long-term guy, IF White proves he's not it.  That said I have all the confidence in the world in White, especially behind a solid line.  

5 hours ago, doitny said:

we are not drafting a QB in the first rd for the 3rd time in 5 years. JD is not doing that 2 out of 3 years.

we are a half way decent QB from making a run at the SB. use that 1st rd pick on the many holes we have. 

Woodys Johnson said he’ll take A.Hooker for a test drive in the offseason ?‍♂️

F0430110-205C-4DDE-9425-89FE6945D12F.jpeg

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

We probably land somewhere between 12 and 15. Levis should be still on the board in that range. Barring that, I wouldn't  mind this guy in the second round

Honestly I wouldn't mind drafting a QB I'm round two to sit behind Mike white of someone good drops. 

It wouldn't be the worst thing 

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

We probably land somewhere between 12 and 15. Levis should be still on the board in that range. Barring that, I wouldn't  mind this guy in the second round

tbh......its christmas morning and I wouldmt mind a Hooker. That name would be meme GOLD in NY.

I'll start......."The Jets gave up on the Milf's and got a Hooker."