Which of these will, not should but will, be the next Jets offensive coordinator?

Jets next offensive coordinator will be.......  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Regardless of who you might prefer, which of the following have a HIGH probability of being named the Jets next OC? (select all that apply)

• Klint Kubiak (Former Broncos QB)
    • Chad O'Shea (Browns WR)
    • Nathaniel Hackett (Former Broncos HC)
    • Joe Brady (Bills QB)
    • Pep Hamilton (Former Texans OC)
    • Marcus Brady (former Colts OC)
    • Frank Reich (Former Eagles HC)
    • Kevin Patullo (Eagles Passing Game)
    • Nick Caley (Patriots TE)
    • Brian Johnson (Eagles QB)
    • Byron Leftwich (former Bucs OC)
    • Bobby Slowik (49ers Passing Game)
    • Dan Pitcher (Bengals QB)
    • Someone Else

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I really have no idea but a gut feeling of Nathanial Hackett and Aaron Rodgers.

It would make for the most exciting year of Jets football since Rex. I'd love for that to happen. 

I voted based on (who had the worst possible offense their last time holding the reins) so I voted the little Kubiak.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I think they will find a way to marry one of Brian Johnson, Kevin Patullo, or Marcus Brady with Nathaniel Hackett. I don't know who would carry what title or role but I know a few things in terms of what they're looking for: 

1. Coaches who have strong leadership qualities, most notably communication, multi-tasking, and problem solving.
  2. They want guys who can toe the line between challenge players with hard hands-on coaching while also serving as a "big brother" type who the players can trust and feel comfortable with. 
  3. Desired scheme/playbook is to have it built around a similar version of the Shanahan/WCO from a principles standpoint while implementing more simple but creative concepts (most notably the "RPO") into the base scheme and philosophy. 
  4. Offensive philosophy will require a dedication to "physical and nasty" OL play with heavy emphasis on ground game to set up the passing game via play-action, RPO, and pocket movement. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, football guy said:

I think they will find a way to marry one of Brian Johnson, Kevin Patullo, or Marcus Brady with Nathaniel Hackett. I don't know who would carry what title or role but I know a few things in terms of what they're looking for: 

1. Coaches who have strong leadership qualities, most notably communication, multi-tasking, and problem solving.
  2. They want guys who can toe the line between challenge players with hard hands-on coaching while also serving as a "big brother" type who the players can trust and feel comfortable with. 
  3. Desired scheme/playbook is to have it built around a similar version of the Shanahan/WCO from a principles standpoint while implementing more simple but creative concepts (most notably the "RPO") into the base scheme and philosophy. 
  4. Offensive philosophy will require a dedication to "physical and nasty" OL play with heavy emphasis on ground game to set up the passing game via play-action, RPO, and pocket movement. 

Exactly what I would have thought, but if I am being honest 3 and 4 bother me

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Feels like it’ll come down to a 2 man race of Hackett and Brian Johnson from the Eagles. I wouldn’t be surprised if we hired both - Johnson as OC and Hackett as senior assistant 

Woody needs to stop d!cking around with these first time coaches, open the checkbook and pay everybody.  Go get Marrone for the OL too.  No cap on staff salaries.  Sort of like Hess with Parcells/Belichick/Crennel/Weis...  #DreamTeam

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Woody needs to stop d!cking around with these first time coaches, open the checkbook and pay everybody.  Go get Marrone for the OL too.  No cap on staff salaries.  Sort of like Hess with Parcells/Belichick/Crennel/Weis...  #DreamTeam

Part of me agrees and thinks this could happen, and part me of me thinks Woody has already given up on next year and will let this regime flame out before replacing them all over again.  

38 minutes ago, varjet said:

Part of me agrees and thinks this could happen, and part me of me thinks Woody has already given up on next year and will let this regime flame out before replacing them all over again.  

Perhaps hiring experienced staff now allows him to promote one of them to HC if Saleh is fired.  IMO if he's going to keep going for these first timers, he has to expect they're going to suck initially even if they are long term solid.  Saleh might actually turn out ok even if his first two years have been bad...