*** OFFICIAL*** AFC Championship thread

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

It was just comparisons, but Jordan turned it into disrespect and used it as motivation 

I think that was more later in his career , in 1992 he was so far and away the best it was like he was an extra terrestrial, Prime Jordan and prime Mariano Rivera were the only 2 athletes I ever saw where it actually felt like you were competing against an alien . 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Lol at Romo . There’s not a human being alive who thought Clyde Drexler was better than Jordan in 1992 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was like, “where is he going with this?” And then he dropped that Drexler thing and I was like “Tony no.”

Romo didn't say Clyde was being talked about as being better than MJ, but rather "as good as".

Hard to believe anyone even thought that but the stuff below is interesting:

https://www.sportscasting.com/clyde-drexler-refused-michael-jordan-better-than-him-20-years-after-career/

image.png.93d02df1370e024ef8f793ec8ef8c3da.png

2 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I think that was more later in his career , in 1992 he was so far and away the best it was like he was an extra terrestrial, Prime Jordan and prime Mariano Rivera were the only 2 athletes I ever saw where it actually felt like you were competing against an alien . 

Rivera and Bruce Sutter had the two most unhittable breaking balls I’ve ever seen relievers throw. 
Nobody has been able to replicate either one.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jolot said:

As great as Mariano was, he doesn't deserve to be talked about in MJ's class. 

8 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I had air Jordan’s in 85.  I am aware. What romo was referring to is a story from “the last dance “

10 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Yeah it's comical people even try to put James in the same sentence.