Wow dolphins lost Vic to San Fran

LockeJET

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

Nice postiion for Fangio to be in.  Denver, SF and Miami all bidding for him.  Denver has the most money.  SF has teh best team.  Could he be slipping away form Miami.

I read one article acting like he was pulling a Josh McDaniels on Miami, but Fangio was telling reporters that nothing was final on his end.  Good for him.  

His girlfriend is supposed to be an eye surgeon in the Bay Area, but Denver with Sean Payton?  That'd be interesting.

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

Nice postiion for Fangio to be in.  Denver, SF and Miami all bidding for him.  Denver has the most money.  SF has teh best team.  Could he be slipping away from Miami.

Hard to see Fangio going back to Denver after they canned him.

In that case, the Jets should hire Rex as DC.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Hard to see Fangio going back to Denver after they canned him.

In that case, the Jets should hire Rex as DC.

You are probably right, but its a different ownership group now.  Could make a difference,  Even if he is not really interested in Denver, it can't hurt for him to have them in the discussion.

long ago he was rumored to be being recruited by payton when it was thought payton wanted back into the league.   I would assume that it started to look like payton might not be coming back and so he said, screw it i am looking elsewhere.  He may have agreed to come to miami but not signed the deal and then gets a call from payton.

This may have also had an effect on the whole new orleans Denver compenstaion deal going down now.

2 hours ago, varjet said:

When was the last time that an HC was fired and then rehired as a coordinator by that same team?

good for Fangio to get a HC contract with severance.  That was probably the intent.  

Not sure that it was the last time, but one that sticks out in my crappy memory is Gunter Cunningham, head coach of Kansas City 1999 and 2000, later re-hired as defensive coordinator 2004-2008