BRADY RETIRES

15 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I'm just breaking your balls. All good. The answer is Peyton didn't get there enough to lose to a journeyman. :)

He played in 4 of them while dragging 4 different head coaches along for the ride. An absolutely remarkable feat on its own when you consider who those coaches were and then contrast them against Belichick and Arians who were both already considered geniuses on their side of the ball well before Brady linked up with them. He also went through Brady and Belichick 3 out of those 4 times. 

Put differently: Peyton played in as many SBs as the number of games that Brady was suspended for cheating.

On 2/1/2023 at 6:31 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

1501603242_ToddBowlesSmile.jpg.116e75b80c57e69ebebb90607512acd3.jpg

This whole COVER THE OTHER TEAM'S TOP RECEIVER, always a problem for supposed defensive super genius Todd Bowles. If this buffoon made a point of covering Rams WR Cooper Kupp in last season's NFC playoffs, Brady would have had another Super Bowl shot. That has to annoy the crap out of Brady, 

On 2/2/2023 at 2:23 PM, bitonti said:

Tom Brady is a very accomplished and talented player he's also a cheater 

Besides spygate and deflate gate he also was involved in the dolphins tampering situation. In short he's been involved with all three situations where the league took away draft picks 

This year he kicked Grady Jarrett after a sack, tried to trip / slide tackle Malik hooker and was fined by the league for both of these situations 

People say he's the goat but the goat should be cleaner than this 

The Pats built a better mousetrap. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

This whole COVER THE OTHER TEAM'S TOP RECEIVER, always a problem for supposed defensive super genius Todd Bowles. If this buffoon made a point of covering Rams WR Cooper Kupp in last season's NFC playoffs, Brady would have had another Super Bowl shot. That has to annoy the crap out of Brady, 

Good point.  The way that game was going, if Tampa had a shot (e.g. won the toss in OT), you get the feeling they'd have won the game.  Then it would've been Tampa vs Cincy in the Super Bowl.  Cincy was tough last year though.  No guarantee there.

On 2/3/2023 at 8:54 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

He played in 4 of them while dragging 4 different head coaches along for the ride. An absolutely remarkable feat on its own when you consider who those coaches were and then contrast them against Belichick and Arians who were both already considered geniuses on their side of the ball well before Brady linked up with them. He also went through Brady and Belichick 3 out of those 4 times. 

Put differently: Peyton played in as many SBs as the number of games that Brady was suspended for cheating.

Someone clearly disagrees with you…….

B331C8BA-5C53-4C71-9F7B-6841CB763159.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1

23 hours ago, Bugg said:

mnf (or sun or thurs whatever) this year the booth openly dissed bowles by pointing out arians in the stands and literally saying midgame how much the team missed him on the sidelines.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/what-is-tom-bradys-place-among-the-5-greatest-qbs-in-nfl-history-161857912.html

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

?

And? Who is this guy and what are his credentials aside being a “writer” for yahoo.com to where you’re posting an article written by him like it means anything? Do you go to foodnetwork.com to get your weather reports? 

How are you not understanding this basic fact? You have like 10 posts in this thread alone where you keep talking about opinions of people that don’t matter. Aren’t you a certified public accountant? One would think you’d have a little more sense if you’re acting in a fiduciary role for clients moneys. I mean you posting that article is the the equivalent of googling stock tips and taking any random Tik Tok account’s opinion and using it to make a decision because they have a couple thousand followers. It’s based in nothingness.

How about, instead of posting about how you’re part of the cool 95% crowd, you actually discuss your own opinion on it’s merits?

• Post of the Week 1

On 2/2/2023 at 2:35 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

HoF and GOAT are different conversations. I have Brady as the 3rd greatest QB of all time. He's the most winningest QB of all time. He's a HoF player. That has no relation at all to the idiot that voted against Jeter's credentials for the HoF. 

I don't care about 95% of the population. They see shiny rings and like gollum, think that's the only way to measure a QB on the ultimate team sport. They also have absolutely no problem literally omitting the fact that he's the only starting QB in league history to be suspended for cheating, and also benefitted greatly from another cheating scandal a decade prior. 

You think Peyton is a choker while Brady is the GOAT, and feel that your opinion is validated by random beat writers and loudmouth talking heads looking to get clicks - great for you. There are plenty of facts to disprove both. I have both of them as Mt Rushmore QBs, so obviously I can understand any argument being made on his behalf. However, my eyes and brain tell me that Peyton is the GOAT, and there is a community of football writers and historians who feel the same way as I do based on metrics and their years of studying football. I'm more than ok with my opinion falling in line with theirs rather than with the peter kings/manish mehtas/skip bayless's of the world. 

Can you link even a single one of these people?  Because I'm super curious now, you make it sound like there's an underground world of NFL followers who hold vastly different opinions of the game than mainstream followers, and in your opinion are superior in their anaysis.  I would love to follow some of these "historians."    Let's see the metrics and the "years of studying."

On 2/1/2023 at 9:52 PM, Jolot said:

Mike was dead on here , articulated it perfectly…I agree with him. 

I love that longevity and winning actual games is a big "so what?"  He broke every passing record a QB can, but he can't throw it left handed and sideways to his tight end or bomb a hail mary, so like, whatever.  

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Tom Brady officially filed a letter today with the NFL and NFLPA, reconfirming his Feb. 1 retirement, per sources.

This letter silences any questions about whether Brady might return and now makes him eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Class of 2028.

• Sympathy 1