BRADY RETIRES

57 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

He could clearly not be more desperately starved for attention this time of year.  It wouldn't even be slightly surprising if he once again unretired the moment people stopped giving a crap about it this time too.  What an insufferable douche.

That chip on his shoulder from where he was drafted lasted almost a quarter century, and you still see some even today.

I don’t want to degrade his greatness, because I did respect his play as the years went by, but I wished I could have seen how it would have been if the NFL didn’t order the Refs to allow probably Up to 3 of his OL to get away with Holding every time he dropped back to pass, or throw a flag for a PF on anyone laying so much as a pinky on him, extending hundreds of drives, the guy was able to basically play “pitch and catch” virtually his entire career, rarely getting any dirt on his uniform.

Madison Ave wanted him to be the “face of the NFL” and they got what they paid for.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

That chip on his shoulder from where he was drafted lasted almost a quarter century, and you still see some even today.

I don’t want to degrade his greatness, because I did respect his play as the years went by, but I wished I could have seen how it would have been if the NFL didn’t order the Refs to allow probably Up to 3 of his OL to get away with Holding every time he dropped back to pass, or throw a flag for a PF on anyone laying so much as a pinky on him, extending hundreds of drives, the guy was able to basically play “pitch and catch” virtually his entire career, rarely getting any dirt on his uniform.

Madison Ave wanted him to be the “face of the NFL” and they got what they paid for.

That was nothing new, Cowboys, America’s team got every call for many, many years , it was disgusting going back to the great Staubach and thereafter , Refs were there to guarantee their victory.

now, it seems Mahomes is the guy they want as face of the league, it is entertainment and they do want to make money, as much as possible.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The one thing even Brady couldn't master was how to retire properly. He had the perfect retirement last year after another elite year. 

Instead, he f*cked up his marriage and personal life to come back and go 8-9 with Todd Bowles. 

I don't begrudge him for playing until he got every last drop out of his career. I appreciated how he stayed disciplined in his training and diet and fought back father time to continue playing a game he loved and was addicted to.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

26 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Fair enough

I honestly haven't cared to read a lick of that stuff, I was just going by what talking heads have spewed. I should know better!

Yep, apparently there was more than one cheater in that marriage, Brady hasn’t said a word, I respect him protecting his children, when was the last time you saw a divorce and financial settlement that quickly? 
she didn’t want any bad publicity to hurt her brand and Brady was about his children on the issue, they settled in fifteen minutes .

Brady was a guy  I despised on the field and off but think about it, what wife committed to her husband and family for the next 40 years, leaves  because the guy will be gone for 8-10 away games for another year or 2?
he would probably be gone that much with the color commentator gig which she was fine with, it was all a sham to put it all on him and he shut up about it to protect his kids.

When you have a marriage with both people fighting over the mirror all day, long term isn’t going to be that long. LOL

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

The GOAT.  Like him or hate him, he's the greatest QB of all time.  We got to see him play, in his prime.  Even those who hate him with a passion, I'd imagine a long time from now they'll appreciate that.  

Grandson in 2050: "hey pop, have you seen Bobby Prototype Jr?  He's the greatest QB of all time"

Washed up Jets Nation member:  "sonny....have you ever heard of Tom Brady?  Kids these days"

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

The GOAT.  Like him or hate him, he's the greatest QB of all time.  We got to see him play, in his prime.  Even those who hate him with a passion, I'd imagine a long time from now they'll appreciate that.  

Grandson in 2050: "hey pop, have you seen Bobby Prototype Jr?  He's the greatest QB of all time"

Washed up Jets Nation member:  "sonny....have you ever heard of Tom Brady?  Kids these days"

His cheating losing ass can go fck himself. Montana was the best Super Bowl QB by far. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Good QB but lived on good fortune and lots of cheating.  Go pitch some more scam crypto.

I hate to say it but the guy went to Tampa Bay, became their de facto  HC and OC and won a SB in his 40’s, first year there, I can’t stand him either but man, if he isn’t the GOAT, he’s pretty damn close, you can despise him and still admit he was a great player, not like Belicheck has continued to be unbeatable without him.

9 minutes ago, Leftylarry said:

I hate to say it but the guy went to Tampa Bay, became their de facto  HC and OC and won a SB in his 40’s, first year there, I can’t stand him either but man, if he isn’t the GOAT, he’s pretty damn close, you can despise him and still admit he was a great player, not like Belicheck has continued to be unbeatable without him.

He went there and the brilliant bruce arians and a great defense got them the trophy.  He then essentially forced arians to retirer with his first retirement.  Came back and flopped.

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I feel badly for him, he was obsessed with a level of recognition and meaningless fame, for what?

He essentially destroyed or diminished his peace of mind, his family and harmed his children so that he could run around with Todd Bolwes for a year?  Makes no sense to me.  He was a Very Good QB, Great but there is far more to life than that…

Always leave a year early than a year too late IMO….

Eh by the time a woman pulls the divorce trigger she’s been getting her ducks in a row for 2 years 

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Yet Brady is still a prick.

Glad to see him gone from the NFL - although this does hurt the Jets, as there is one less veteran QB to go around which will drive up competition for guys the Jets are looking at.

If he was the Jets qb all this time you would love him. Only reason he's a prick is because he played for the Pat's. He's the ?