Lunch in Jersey

3 hours ago, freestater said:

Nice. We've got a pretty good restaurant scene in Rochester for a small city. I've got favorites from every genre I can think of. German beer halls, Little corner Ethiopian places, Mexican food from the Yucatan or more Tex/Mex, Old school Italian thats been open nearly a century. Even a pretty good vegan place or two. I cant ever imagine losing my marbles enough to choose f**king Applebee's over that lol. 

I used to work om East Avenue in Rochester until I moved to NC.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I think it’s adorable how many of you just assume Rodgers will visit/have interest in, the Jets.

It’s cuter to think that if Rodgers is traded and with only 3 possible landing places, at best, he’s not coming in for a visit.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s cuter to think that if Rodgers is traded and with only 3 possible landing places, at best, he’s not coming in for a visit.  

I don’t see him doing the dog and pony show thing.
I think he’s the type to do his research privately, maybe do a zoom or have them come to him?

11 hours ago, freestater said:

Nice. We've got a pretty good restaurant scene in Rochester for a small city. I've got favorites from every genre I can think of. German beer halls, Little corner Ethiopian places, Mexican food from the Yucatan or more Tex/Mex, Old school Italian thats been open nearly a century. Even a pretty good vegan place or two. I cant ever imagine losing my marbles enough to choose f**king Applebee's over that lol. 

Black and blue

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Born and bred ... Proud of it ... Live in a beautiful spot. Those that think NJ is the Meadowlands , Newark and I95 are just keeping the good spots clear of traffic for us natives ... So thank you all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

My daughter got married at Fiddlers Elbow in Bedminister back in May ‘21. We stayed at a hotel in Somerset(?) I believe? Those two areas were beautiful, I’d never been to that part of Jersey before.

• Upvote 2

Have not been down 22 in prob 15 years
is bowcraft still there?
I grew up with the White Castle in orange and am stopped at the light on Newark ave next to the jc White Castle every morning

Wow bowcraft. Father used to take me there as a kid. White Castle in orange still there. Same with Star Tavern & Jimmy buffs. Now I’m hungry as hell

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t see him doing the dog and pony show thing.
I think he’s the type to do his research privately, maybe do a zoom or have them come to him?

I don’t know, I could see him doing the rounds.  It’s not going to be that many teams, I’d think he’s the kind who needs to “connect” with whichever CS he goes to play under.

Either way, I thought the point was that he wasn’t going to visit with the Jets zoom or otherwise.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2023 at 5:41 PM, NIGHT STALKER said:

I see Saleh, Carr and  Hackett...I can't make out who is sitting across from Carr...maybe Carr's agent?

331962690_767439821570616_2209286238408219345_n.jpg

Saleh : When eating in a restaurant never let another man hold the fork.

Anyone else getting sick of those sayings ?

Getting close to Rex and his "gonna win a SB" when the team was deteriorating before our eyes

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

Wow bowcraft. Father used to take me there as a kid. White Castle in orange still there. Same with Star Tavern & Jimmy buffs. Now I’m hungry as hell

Was just around the corner from Washington st last week around 5pm.

Was actually thinking go get a buffs. Trying to watch the weight so passed but damn they are good.

I am old enough to to remember the orig White Castle in orange. It was basically a counter with maybe one table near the back door.

toast of the town across the street was great as well

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Saleh : When eating in a restaurant never let another man hold the fork.

Anyone else getting sick of those sayings ?

Getting close to Rex and his "gonna win a SB" when the team was deteriorating before our eyes

Absolutely!  I'm so tired of Saleh's BS.  He needs to learn to STFU and just focus on winning games.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The other guy must be Downing.

BTW, coaches get pinched on the “personal conduct policy” just like players, no?

The league will surely suspend Downing at some point for his DUI, but I guess the Jets don’t care.

You would think after losing Miles Austin to the gambling suspension they’d be more leery of off-field baggage that could impact dudes’ availability.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Born in Morristown, Grew up in Harding, went to HS in Madison!

Sam Darnold probably got mono from some chick in one of those towns, so we've got that going for us, lol.

Neil O'Donnell was from Madison and was their QB.  Did you watch him back then?  

• Upvote 1

Was just around the corner from Washington st last week around 5pm.
Was actually thinking go get a buffs. Trying to watch the weight so passed but damn they are good.
I am old enough to to remember the orig White Castle in orange. It was basically a counter with maybe one table near the back door.
toast of the town across the street was great as well

Yes sir. Buffs still cooks with the same oil since the late 80s lol. Toast of the town got served at 16 haha. Good times

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep, and he had a home in Harding.  Supposedly was a jerk but then how many professional athletes are truly nice people? 

My brother is good friends with Klecko’s daughter.  Dude is a gentle giant.  One of the nicest guys on the planet.

• Post of the Week 1