Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

36 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

As much as I hate your post , sadly I must agree.  The longer it drags out, my feeling is, the less of a chance Rodgers is coming.  I said from the beginning sign Carr. Less money and less drama. We'd have our FA QB and we could focus on other needs like OL in FA. 

Actually, I think it is just the opposite...

If it were not happening, we would absolutely have heard something by now...

He is coming!...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

Rodgers truly doesn’t want to play for the Jets but probably will still end up having too. Nobody in their right mind would walk away from 100 million no matter what type of money they have. He’s been holding out to see if other teams jump in on this and he had until Monday basically to wait and see if anything else materialized. I want Rodgers in NY but we are getting a player that really doesn’t want to be here. He will still ball out when he hits the field but in the end he won’t mentally be all in. 

He knows that going to the Jets... at least for one year... is the only way to get the most out of that contract without losing millions.  I don't believe for one second that he would ever want to come here.  There are some similarities to when Favre came over, just different motives. Aaron is $$$$.   But at this juncture, I just want to see this team win and utilize those new weapons JD drafted.  We can't sit around waiting for a Zach miracle for the next 2 seasons. IOW, I really don't give a ratsass that Rodger doesn't want to be here.  Just f'ing win.  Favre was doing it until he blew out the shoulder.  And Rodgers at this stage, is better than Favre was back then.   Let's go!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

He knows that going to the Jets... at least for one year... is the only way to get the most out of that contract without losing millions.  I don't believe for one second that he would ever want to come here.  There are some similarities to when Favre came over, just different motives. Aaron is $$$$.   But at this juncture, I just want to see this team win and utilize those new weapons JD drafted.  We can't sit around waiting for a Zach miracle for the next 2 seasons. IOW, I really don't give a ratsass that Rodger doesn't want to be here.  Just f'ing win.  Favre was doing it until he blew out the shoulder.  And Rodgers at this stage, is better than Favre was back then.   Let's go!

? Agree with all of it. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jets and Redskins said:

I think he makes the call in the middle of selection Sunday show or immediately after. Everyone eyes are on the selection show right now.

day after.  people get bored with the brackets after a few hours at most.  Tomorrow afternoon, all eyes back on NFL.  

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Defeatist, whoa is me, SOJF mentality hogwash.

1 minute ago, JetsRay said:

Defeatist, whoa is me, SOJF mentality hogwash.

Hi RayRay.  A rare appearance?  Hope you are well. 

And the above is wrong.  Rodgers does not want to be here.  But it's where he has to be for the money so he'll be here.  And win.  If you think he wants to play here, then you're still wearing that distorted, scratched up, dirty old pair of green lenses after all these years here and the other forums.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Hi RayRay.  A rare appearance?  Hope you are well. 

And the above is wrong.  Rodgers does not want to be here.  But it's where he has to be for the money so he'll be here.  And win.  If you think he wants to play here, then you're still wearing that distorted, scratched up, dirty old pair of green lenses after all these years here and the other forums.  

Rodgers didn't to be in green bay when he states his career.

He wanted to go to.niners with the number 1 pick

But they took Alex Smith and slide in the draft

sh*t happens 

59 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Can't interfere with selection Sunday.  Not a chance it's today or tonight.  Woody, Rodger, Goodell want this to be the big headlines as soon as everyone gets bored with their brackets (usually about 45 minutes). 

I expect in the afternoon here.  No earlier than 11 Pacific time.

Brady unretired in the middle of the Selection Sunday show last year. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Rodgers didn't to be in green bay when he states his career.

He wanted to go to.niners with the number 1 pick

But they took Alex Smith and slide in the draft

sh*t happens 

Exactly.  RayRay living in a dream that the Jets QB has to adore being a Jet and in NY.  LOL.  Rodgers is a west coast dude.  He'll be fine here for the next two years and then be gone.   Just win.  Meanwhile... JD figure out future QB options other than Zach.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Brady unretired in the middle of the Selection Sunday show last year. 

true.  I think that was a PR mistake.  It'll be tomorrow. Or maybe I should say it should be tomorrow.  Perhaps NFL makes the same mistake 2 yrs in a row?  

Hey... I prefer tonight if possible.  Just not counting on it.

56 minutes ago, Dcat said:

truth or not?  flipping around the dial...if this movie popped up unexpectedly, it stayed on.  Amirite?  

All of the stunts/martial arts in this one were directed by my Wife's uncle, (who often worked with P.S.)  (Also the first two diehard flicks and many many more)

5 movies fit this bill for me:

1. Tombstone

2. Jaws

3. Rocky

4. Road House

5. The Godfather

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Rodgers truly doesn’t want to play for the Jets but probably will still end up having too. Nobody in their right mind would walk away from 100 million no matter what type of money they have. He’s been holding out to see if other teams jump in on this and he had until Monday basically to wait and see if anything else materialized. I want Rodgers in NY but we are getting a player that really doesn’t want to be here. He will still ball out when he hits the field but in the end he won’t mentally be all in. 

You are talking too many absolutes for a person not named Aaron Rodgers.

You might ultimately be right but you do Not know this for a fact.

The delay might instead be for other reasons, such as attention or to F with GB or the media.  Who knows?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

1. Tombstone

2. Jaws

3. Rocky

4. Road House

5. The Godfather

10 years from now you will add:

Emerging From the Darkness: The Aaron Rodgers story
starring Nicholas Cage.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

true.  I think that was a PR mistake.  It'll be tomorrow. Or maybe I should say it should be tomorrow.  Perhaps NFL makes the same mistake 2 yrs in a row?  

Hey... I prefer tonight if possible.  Just not counting on it.

My guess is tomorrow morning. This needs to get sorted out before the legal tampering period starts.

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

My guess is tomorrow morning. This needs to get sorted out before the legal tampering period starts.

Rodgers is on West Coast and doesn't wake up till 10 am Pac time.   Mid afternoon here.  I hope people don't melt down if it doesn't get announced until 2 or 3 pm.  

• Sympathy 1

1. Tombstone
2. Jaws
3. Rocky
4. Road House
5. The Godfather
I think Roadhouse and Tombstone fit that guilty pleasure vibe more than the other classics mentioned ... For me I'd add Flash Gordon, Conan the Barbarian and Caddyshack

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

As I have said throughout this whole process, I have no ties to Rodgers, or anyone in his camp, but I would imagine that this would be planned out ahead of time so it can be released earlier.

Then again, it's Aaron, so who knows?

That's likely correct.  It's not going to be a presser or anything of the like... just an announcement?  And you guys are right about the noon legal tampering start time.   Keep the coffee away tomorrow morning please.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I think Roadhouse and Tombstone fit that guilty pleasure vibe more than the other classics mentioned ... For me I'd add Flash Gordon, Conan the Barbarian and Caddyshack

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Enjoy that Jake Gylenhaal/Conor McGregor remake. Its gonna be booty.