Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Just now, Mogglez said:

As I have said throughout this whole process, I have no ties to Rodgers, or anyone in his camp, but I would imagine that this would be planned out ahead of time so it can be released earlier.

Then again, it's Aaron, so who knows?

we've talked a bunch offline this week about how proverbial tampering deadline would play out -- and I just think the uncertainty mostly exists in the hearts of fans/media. I think they've known he would take this whole week to marinate in the moment with confidence. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 3/11/2023 at 3:33 PM, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

The other theory which another poster alluded to, is he already decided. He’s coming to the Jets and management already knows behind closed doors. Hence why they’re proceeding with business as usual. This is all about letting GB twist in the wind for as long as possible. 

this for sure.  any talk in the media about a deal being done between the jets and gb but waiting on rodgers is counter intel coming from the jets for gb to read.

jd is in the drivers seat playing chicken with gb and rodgers has been riding shotgun

if rodgers wanted to retire or sign with gb he would have already done it.  and as unconventional as rodgers seems, even he would not be childish enough to play this game with the jets and then retire last minute.  

rodgers was on the way to the jets for sure when hackett was hired by jd. 

since it is bad for both the jets and gb to wait until after the "legal tampering" ends at noon tomorrow est, we'll be celebrating the start of the aaron rodgers era by 4:00 pm tomorrow at the latest. perhaps even by noon tomorrow. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

5 movies fit this bill for me:

1. Tombstone

2. Jaws

3. Rocky

4. Road House

5. The Godfather

Tombstone and Jaws, excellent choices and +1

Personally, I'd add Shawshank Redemption, Red Dawn, War Games and Tron (1 and 2). 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Hi RayRay.  A rare appearance?  Hope you are well. 

And the above is wrong.  Rodgers does not want to be here.  But it's where he has to be for the money so he'll be here.  And win.  If you think he wants to play here, then you're still wearing that distorted, scratched up, dirty old pair of green lenses after all these years here and the other forums.  

It's wrong based on what, did he talk to you?

Spare me the green colored glasses BS, that was old and sophomoric decades ago when first asserted...

The point is you nor anyone has a clue what Rodgers is thinking. 

He probably would prefer to finish his career in GB but it's well known he has not been happy with the direction of the team and the decisions made by the current regime.

He no doubt wants to be in a situation where he's wanted, has the full support of the front office behind him where most importantly he can win, whether that is with the Jets or any other team...

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Tombstone and Jaws, excellent choices and +1

Personally, I'd add Shawshank Redemption, Red Dawn, War Games and Tron (1 and 2). 

I'm talking about movies that once you notice they are live on TV, you can't stay away.  For me that includes Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, kill Bills,  Roadhouse, and lots of not so good movies like Next of Kin,  LOL.  No Country for Old Men wasn't great, but I must watch it if its on. Drives my wife nuts.

Shoold make a list...  'bad movies I can't resist'... 3 Days in the Valley... so many more

3 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

It's wrong based on what. DId he talk to you?

Spare me the green colored glasses BS, that was old and sophomoric decades ago when first asserted...

The point is you nor anyone has a clue what Rodgers is thinking. 

He probably would prefer to finish his career in GB but it's well known he has not been happy with the direction of the team and the decisions made by the current regime.

He no doubt wants to be in a situation where he's wanted and can win, whether that is with the Jets or any other team...

Still on the meds?

27 minutes ago, Wit said:

I’m guessing drafting hooker in the third isn’t a good way to start a relationship with Rodgers? That kid can play.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If he's only going to be here for a year or two, the Jets have to be expected to draft his successor this year or next (assuming the Jets have moved on from Wilson at this point)

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm talking about movies that once you notice they are live on TV, you can't stay away.  For me that includes Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, kill Bills,  Roadhouse, and lots of not so good movies like Next of Kin,  LOL.  No Country for Old Men wasn't great, but I must watch it if its on. Drives my wife nuts.

I will take everyone’s criticism for this but for me it is Moonstruck.

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

Gattaca, good fellas, Batman begins, princess bride 

Goodfellas.  But that's actually a GREAT film.  Not one of the bad ones I can't resist. Of course the great ones too like Godfather II & I.  Godfather II, in many ways, to me is the best movie ever.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'd be surprised if Hooker is there in the 3rd.  Good value outside of round 1.  

Daniel Jeremiah thinks Hendon Hooker could go late first. Draft Twitter hates him because he’s older and that offense doesn’t produce good pros, but Jeremiah hears he’s well thought of in league circles

Daniel Jeremiah thinks Hendon Hooker could go late first. Draft Twitter hates him because he’s older and that offense doesn’t produce good pros, but Jeremiah hears he’s well thought of in league circles
Not in my circle

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

Rodgers didn’t play for three years and he’s about to play his year at 40 years old. Age shouldn’t matter quite as much for a QB that is good by year 2 with the new rules.
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Your posts for one:

Lets face it dude.  Your real agenda here is that you wanted Lamar and not Aaron and now you are flipping out that it 's going to be Rodgers.   You've done nothing but attack every effort by the team to bring Rodgers here.  Yeah, I get that you prefer Lamar despite the boatloads of negatives involving absurd guaranteed money and loss of multiple 1st round draft capital, not to mention Lamar's declining production 2 years in a row at a young age.  But stop pretending you're a better fan than those who prefer Rodgers.

Agenda? Haha you take the internet way too seriously 

Rodgers ain’t a Jet and we are just some dudes shooting the sh*t on the internet. If anyone has an agenda or looks for one they need to get laid badly

i would be embarrassed by Woody Johnson if he kissed ANY QBs ass like this by the way 

1 minute ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Rodgers ain’t a Jet and we are just some dudes shooting the sh*t on the internet. If anyone has an agenda or looks for one they need to get laid badly

Why does sex have to do with any of this nonsense? Sounds to me you are overcompensating for something else.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Wit said:

Rodgers didn’t play for three years and he’s about to play his year at 40 years old. Age shouldn’t matter quite as much for a QB that is good by year 2 with the new rules.

Yeah, but I think Hooker is already 25(?) and will be a little behind because of the offense he came from. He could be 28 by the time he’s ready to take any meaningful snaps

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I think early round 2 is fair.  The whole "a little older" doesn't bother me at all.  So he's a productive guy who protects the football and I might only get 12 years out of him instead of 16 if he pans out?  

I was thinking early round 2 but round 1 wouldn't surprise me.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

i would be embarrassed by Woody Johnson if he kissed ANY QBs ass like this by the way 

^failed attempt to kick save.