Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

I basically had to take a year away from the board the abuse was never ending 

Other posters (who are conviniently gone now) said that I hated Mormon people. 

You can call it whatever you want but I know what happened. Don't gaslight me 

Gee, I'm on this board all the time and I remember none of those allegations.  If you were abused for not wanting Zach WIlson, then that means greater than 50% of us were abused.   Sorry, but I call "bullsht" on this one.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, JerseyShoreJet said:

It’s a fascinating thought. The butterfly effect of Rodgers not joining the Jets would be something. 

1) Do they pivot to Lamar Jackson? 

2) Do they make a move for one of these QBs in the draft?

3) Do they sign a Jacoby Brisset/Andy Dalton type to compete with Zach Wilson?

I think both Douglas and Saleh at this point realize they are out of a job if Rodgers spurned them. 

Your a butterfly effect

17 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Of course it is.  Does anyone here actually think that Rodgers was invested in Football last year?  He didnt give AF about the teams success and that's suddenly going to change if/when he gets to NY? 

Berrios was absolutely committed to the teams success last year.  We need more players like him.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Sometimes the best move is the one you don’t make .   Jets would have given up a lot of draft capital to acquire Rodgers .  Is  A Rodgers motivated to play  , and do the  necessary things ( come in early and work with Jet young skill players) to get best results.  .   The Packers don’t think so , and why they’re  finally ready to move on without him.( despite his talent) .  
Yes A Rodgers knows the offense but the Jet young skill players don’t.   It takes time for everyone to get on the same page.  Probably year two is where you would see the results . ( is A Rodgers going to play after this year - that uncertainty year to year is why D Adams wanted out).      

Jets should get  veteran stop gap to come in and hope z Wilson with time can  eventually develop into the Qb they envisioned him to be .      Keep building the roster up, and  who knows can find your Qb outside the first round.  Built it right, and not look for the short cut.  

Last point let’s say there another Covid( biting my tongue)  , and remember K Irving situation where he’s refuses to get vaccinated.  You invest all that money and resources only not to have that player available game to game.     

What are the Raiders going to do at QB for the 44% of the season Jimmy G is hurt? 

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Reclaim some self-respect, JD

Move on

Sign Lamar Wednesday 

Draft a QB

Anything

This is excruciating

Apparently Woody and the Jets brass whiffed on their sales pitch and AR is milking every second of this for his own personal enjoyment  

yeah...throw 2 1st rd picks away and guarantee an absurd amount of fully guaranteed money for an oft-injured running QB.  Brilliant.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s be real here: at least Rodgers got on the field and battled through injury. Lamar straight up tanked the Ravens season.

Selfishly not playing at 100% to prevent Love from getting on the field?  We killed Favre for this when he was here.

Lamar was injured.  The narrative that he could have played through it is silly.  Plenty of teammates and his coaching staff said the knee was still swollen and unstable....but it shouldnt have matter, he sucks, remember?

• Haha 1

Just now, Ghost420 said:

Yes we need more bad players because they care committed to the team

It's pro football.  You get players who are really good professionals.  You pay them as if they were really good professionals.  You put professional coaches around them to keep them motivated, engaged and playing as a team.  Rinse, repeat. 

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

All the eggs are now in the Rodgers basket. Does JD survive a Rogers retirement? 

No its not a fireable offense because obviously the Jets owner wants Rodgers . End of Story !

If Rodgers retires we are completely ****ed . Even though I didn't want him Garoppolo is now a Raider he was the only worthwhile QB left other than Rodgers. We just lost Mike White and none of the remaining QB's are as good as Mike White IMO. 

This season with all the young promising players we have on the roster could very well be heading for Disaster. 

Wouldn't this be so Jets ?

Outside possibility we wind up with Stafford But that's going to cost us plenty of draft capital. He's the only worthwhile QB left 

24 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Of course it is.  Does anyone here actually think that Rodgers was invested in Football last year?  He didnt give AF about the teams success and that's suddenly going to change if/when he gets to NY? 

Holy crap....  thanks for raising this issue!  Lack of "investment"?  Double down on the "lack of investment" for Lamar last year who left his team holding their d*cks in the playoffs.  Lamar basically f*cked his team over and left them high and dry and did so in the most obvious way.    Of the players who allegedly bailed on their own teams last season, it was Lamar who was most obvious. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Biggs said:

It's pro football.  You get players who are really good professionals.  You pay them as if they were really good professionals.  You put professional coaches around them to keep them motivated, engaged and playing as a team.  Rinse, repeat. 

It's a game, you get people who are good at playing it first and foremost. Berrios isn't any good who cares if hrs professional. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Yes, great correlation.  A part time WR and kick returners commitment is definitely just as important as the QB's.

It's pro-football.  We have a highly paid GM and HC.  If they can't make a decision based on solid professional judgement it really doesn't matter who we sign. 

4 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Selfishly not playing at 100% to prevent Love from getting on the field?  We killed Favre for this when he was here.

Lamar was injured.  The narrative that he could have played through it is silly.  Plenty of teammates and his coaching staff said the knee was still swollen and unstable....but it shouldnt have matter, he sucks, remember?

LOL.  He bailed, dude.  In the most obvious of ways.  Lamar is all about Lamr as much as anuy other NFL QB is about himself.  Lamar's lack of effort because he was unhappy w/contract situation is a very bad sign.  Teammates protecting him with those comments are not exactly credible.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Holy crap....  thanks for raising this issue!  Lack of "investment"?  Double down on the "lack of investment" for Lamar last year who left his team holding their d*cks in the playoffs.  Lamar basically f*cked his team over and left them high and dry and did so in the most obvious way.    Of the players who allegedly bailed on their own teams last season, it was Lamar who was most obvious. 

Oh, I forgot Lamar's preseason drama deciding between retiring or not and refusing to meet w/ his team and attend off season programs and work w/ his rookie WR's.  Good call, he played 12 games had them in first place, was in the MVP conversation and then decided, yeah I'm good on the season.  See ya!  

lmfao   good call!

29 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

If he comes here it's because he will have a renewed vigor to win a championship. He will see it as an opportunity to get on a team with a really good defense who just needs a qb and some small upgrades to bring the offense to a point where he has a good chance at it. 

• More Ugh 1