Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

It's a game, you get people who are good at playing it first and foremost. Berrios isn't any good who cares if hrs professional. 

Seriously.  Players like Mark Sanchez, Sam Darnold, Lorenzo Mauldin, etc etc were nice boys who sucked at football.  This is a violent sport played by violent men.  I have no idea why so many here care if guys are "nice".  None of these people are our friends.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seriously.  Players like Mark Sanchez, Sam Darnold, Lorenzo Mauldin, etc etc were nice boys who sucked at football.  This is a violent sport played by violent men.  I have no idea why so many here care if guys are "nice".  None of these people are our friends.  

1 minute ago, Flightattendant said:

I see things are going well with the sociopath.

Exactly as it should be. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF4Lamar said:

You actually believe his?  He's currently, apparently, prioritizing trolling insiders over letting the Jets know his decision and essentially preventing them from doing anything.  I mean...

Really?  You think the Jets are operating as if he isn't a Jet already? 

Cuz....

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Strange that the same argument is used against Rodgers and the other douchebag-but-not-criminal players. "They're insufferable", "so hard to root for", "I just don't like him".

I mean, I agree he is a bit of a prick... but like, we're gonna win some games.

I prefer that to some feelgood fan story on twitter and some palm tree necklace swag.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Lith said:

Approaching 200 pages. 

I can only find two other threads on JN that have exceeded 200 pages.  New Uniform thread in 2018-19 (264 pages) and the 2021 Free Agency Thread (244 pages).  Lets keep it going.  I think we have a real chance to supplant the fashion thread as number 1 on JN.

War Running GIF by CuriosityStream

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Approaching 200 pages. 

I can only find two other threads on JN that have exceeded 200 pages.  New Uniform thread in 2018-19 (264 pages) and the 2021 Free Agency Thread (244 pages).  Lets keep it going.  I think we have a real chance to supplant the fashion thread as number 1 on JN.

Just like that the entire population of JN realized it was teh haberdashery that drew them here under the guise of the NFL. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I have a natural bias against reporters who depend on inside information.  They tend to have confirmational bias toward the people who are feeding them information.   They aren't unbiased reporters.  They're tools.  

This is Schefter to a T. He's the mouthpiece for the teams. That's why I rolled my eyes when I watched the clip of him passionately defending teams when it came to the Lamar Jackson saga. He was obviously speaking for the teams.

That's also why I'm also a bit skeptical of the reports about Lamar. Because Lamar doesn't have an agent, so he has nobody to speak for him. Everything we're hearing is from the teams viewpoint, which may or may not be true.

This is why I keep saying we need a players reporter in the NFL like the NBA has. Because if we're going to have reporters act as mouthpieces, we might as well hear it from both sides

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This may take weeks to be official.  I have a feeling this is about draft comp right now  and may take a while for GB to fold.  It's unlikely the Jets won't.

I have a feeling it's dates in ARs contract...

2023 Option Bonus: $58.3M (guaranteed, must be exercised between March 17, 2023 - Week 1)

• Upvote 1

I don’t take this is as confirmation of AR.

Certainly possible.

But also reeks of another possible desperation move like the Hackett hire in an attempt to make themselves more appealing to AR without knowing whether it will actually work.

If they don’t get AR, they will spin it that they “prioritized” Lazard regardless and that it had nothing to do with trying to lure the big fish.

BTW, Corey Davis should be cut (or dealt) immediately whether they sign Lazard or not.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

I have a feeling it's dates in ARs contract...

2023 Option Bonus: $58.3M (guaranteed, must be exercised between March 17, 2023 - Week 1)

I don't know enough about these things but my understand is this stuff gets announced and just becomes effective on that date.  But maybe not and we'll here the announcement on the 17th.

7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Strange that the same argument is used against Rodgers and the other douchebag-but-not-criminal players. "They're insufferable", "so hard to root for", "I just don't like him".

I mean, I agree he is a bit of a prick... but like, we're gonna win some games.

I prefer that to some feelgood fan story on twitter and some palm tree necklace swag.

Yeah.  There's a line where a player's personal life makes it untenable to still be a pro football player.  Obviously those are up for discussion on a case by case basis.  

But there's a lot of gray area between "nice boy" and "irredeemable human being".  Rodgers is just a mildly frustrating weirdo.  He's not a raging criminal.  So who cares?  Win some f**king games and no one will remember any of this.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Approaching 200 pages. 

Clothes!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, King P said:

This is Schefter to a T. He's the mouthpiece for the teams. That's why I rolled my eyes when I watched the clip of him passionately defending teams when it came to the Lamar Jackson saga. He was obviously speaking for the teams.

That's also why I'm also a bit skeptical of the reports about Lamar. Because Lamar doesn't have an agent, so he has nobody to speak for him. Everything we're hearing is from the teams viewpoint, which may or may not be true.

This is why I keep saying we need a players reporter in the NFL like the NBA has. Because if we're going to have reporters act as mouthpieces, we might as well hear it from both sides

The media controls the minds of the population in most situations

Lamar is a great example of how many people just regurgitate the talking points from the idiot box: the talk about his lack of a agent, him “quitting on his team” etc. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

March 17 is the date we will hear the news.  It's written in his contract:

The fully guaranteed part of the deal included Rodgers' salary in 2022 and 2023, his signing bonus, and an option bonus worth $58.3 million in 2023. The 2023 option bonus adds the 2025 year to the deal. That option must be exercised between March 17, 2023, and Week 1 of the 2023 season.Jan 18, 2023

Is there some actual danger of the Jets trading for Rodgers and then not exercising that option?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Approaching 200 pages. 

The fashion thread being supplanted by a 270 page thread where everyone is being called a Cuck is very fitting for JN. (Especially if Rodgers doesn't come and uh cucks us) 

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

Approaching 200 pages. 

If I have to, I will re-open the fashion thread and post the sh*t out of it.  Uniforms are important.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know enough about these things but my understand is this stuff gets announced and just becomes effective on that date.  But maybe not and we'll here the announcement on the 17th.

I don’t either. But for something like this maybe you can’t. 

The Jets have yet to announce the Clark trade and his contract is an easy one. 

• Upvote 1