Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

This is precisely why I said the GB management team is clueless and has let this get out of hand with their fan base.

In addition, while Rogers is at best a polarizing figure for many this is literally hurting the GB brand, (i) it appears that they reneging on the deal that was struck between them and the Jets and  (ii) they are treating arguably the most important player in franchise history like crap.

Very Interesting........

LOL at treating Rodgers like crap.  He's dicked them around for 3 offseason.  He finally reworked a deal that he knew had to be reworked if he didn't retire and he screwed them.  He's not Bart Starr, He's Aaron Rodgers a guy the Packers helped stop the bleeding when he slid down the draft boards and was sitting in the Green room after 4 hours of being passed on.  

He's a great QB, a narcisitic prick, a liar and we will get him if he isn't dicking us around on a renegotiation.    He's not without fault in this situation.   You're acting like he's a maryter in this situation.  He's a horses ass and that's why we will get him.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Nobody said it wasn't a good play.... I said its not a good look.... and its not.

Sure you can convince yourself 1 team has the advantage over the other but in reality they need each other and they need to trade in good faith. 

The fact that GB moved the goalposts means that they are pissed (for whatever reason) and now trading with emotions and not being rational.

This is never good. GB might test to see how far this goes. If it goes beyond 2023 draft then it will get even more nasty. And if it starts getting nasty they might just be spiteful and keep his contract and hope Rodgers retires. Maybe they play chicken with Rodgers... Who knows... Everyone is expecting GB to let up and give in... but GMs have made even worse decisions based on emotions. 

Jets are trying to do this without it getting nasty but there will be a point that it changes... Just saying.

Not a good look for who? The Jets ? None of this matters. The end result is all that matters. 

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

People keep talking for me.  I've stated my plan A B C numerous times.  None of them include Garner minshew.

The Jets let the packers and Rodger dawdle for as long as they wanted, other plans went out the window and now everyone is blaming the packers for the jets having only one plan.

how many plans do the Packers have?

They basically said Rodgers is gone.

18 minutes ago, ptisme said:

From the article: “However, as salary cap guru Ken Ingalls points out, if we “follow the money,” we should expect it to be before June 1st.”

Best way to figure most things out in this world unfortunately, great post though bro 

41 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This could drag on til August.

Murphy and “Gutey” seem like a—wipes

It probably gets done, but can’t assume anything until it happens

Douglas will look like an absolute fool if the deal isn’t done and Love tears his ACL in OTAs

GB would instantaneously start an apology tour with AR, stage the reconciliation, and Jets are screwed

GB is like the Steelers.  Too proud of a franchise to ever embrace a full fledged tank / “rebuild”.

Lol now this is pure fan fiction. AR is completely done with the Packers and that front office. Listen to that McAfee interview if you have, he loathes them. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

If he gets injured outside of the facility they will go after his guaranteed money. Any training done outside of the facility is not covered by your contract and can breach your contract. And they would for sure go after him if he gets hurt practicing with Jets players

I believe the rule is "doing a non-football activity" otherwise no one would do these QB camps.

19 minutes ago, ptisme said:

We debate that and I could go either way.  I was listening to PFT from prior to that draft and they were saying he was top 10 talent.   We won’t know the answer till he plays

Speaking of pff, Sims and florio have been destroying the packers for this situation 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

So why would the Rams trade him and incur that hit?

If they did, what would they ask in return? They’re not going to give him away any more than the Ravens or Packers will give away their QBs.

Depends on their motivation to move him. Do they want a reset? How is his injury? A few questions would have to be worked out but it seems like the Rams are preparing for a rebuild. Buying a 2nd or 3rd round pick isn't too crazy.

26 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

um, no

rodgers lost to tom brady/tampa one year.  and the year he lost to SF, rodgers was 31/39, 326 yards, 2 TDs and 2 Ints while jimmy g was 6/8 for 77 yards (yes, i had to double check those stats).  but yeah, damn rodgers couldn't stop raheem mostert from rushing for 220 yards and 4 TDs...

And yet Packers fans when I check their forum pages and listen to their Utubers say all the losses are on Rogers and even some of them saying thank goodness that they are getting rid of him.....

That is what 30 years of HOF QB play can do to a fan base, spoiled beyond belief!!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Is it a good thing that the Jets are trotting their coach out to say wilson is #2, the gm saying they are not in on lamar and the jets still expecting to get a good deal in a trade they assumed they would make long ago?

You guys actually think this is a quality work getting a vet QB for the jets?

A deal will get done, packers will get less than they want the jets will pay more than they want.

You act like what JD says in public is him being honest 100 % of the time.  He could pivot to bringing in Jackson for a visit at any moment and it wouldn’t be remotely shocking.  

Since we’re gonna end up with Aaron Rodgers, yes, I do think this is quality work getting a vet QB.  lol.  What kind of question is that?

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

This is precisely why I said the GB management team is clueless and has let this get out of hand with their fan base.

In addition, while Rogers is at best a polarizing figure for many this is literally hurting the GB brand, (i) it appears that they reneging on the deal that was struck between them and the Jets and  (ii) they are treating arguably the most important player in franchise history like crap.

Very Interesting........

I keep reading people say GB reneged on a deal, or moved goal posts. Can someone show me when this was actually reported?

Why is it necessary to say something we have no proof ever happened and talk about it as if it’s fact?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

People keep talking for me.  I've stated my plan A B C numerous times.  None of them include Garner minshew.

The Jets let the packers and Rodger dawdle for as long as they wanted, other plans went out the window and now everyone is blaming the packers for the jets having only one plan.

your plan was to give an ultimatum to GB to make a trade by some artificial deadline or you move on.  so the question is, move on to what???

i was a proponent of going after carr.  but the reality is that carr signed before the jets could even talk to rodgers (rodgers was still on his retreat when carr signed with NO).

so then, what is your backup plan if the packers don't bite on your deadline?  jimmy glass?  minshew?  brissett?

tell me how you can get GB to make a move before rodgers has informed the jets he will play for them?  and tell me what specifically was your backup plan if GB didn't bite on your deadline?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ptisme said:

It makes perfect sense that:

A. The two sides couldn't come to an immediate agreement so:

B. Jets were allowed to talk to Rodgers without an agreement because they had just a few days to convince him to play for them before moving on to Carr.

What ur saying actually makes no sense and is ur opinion and hasn't been reported by anyone...   Send me a link from a report/reporter or don't bother responding as I won't read it...

This is being interpreted as the deal was agreed upon and then changed by GB. Which makes sense. No team would allow their current player to negotiate with other teams without parameters of a trade being in place. That never happens.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

And yet Packers fans when I check their forum pages and listen to their Utubers say all the losses are on Rogers and even some of them saying thank goodness that they are getting rid of him.....

That is what 30 years of HOF QB play can do to a fan base, spoiled beyond belief!!

Jets fans blame Namath for winning a SB.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This could drag on til August.

Murphy and “Gutey” seem like a—wipes

It probably gets done, but can’t assume anything until it happens

Douglas will look like an absolute fool if the deal isn’t done and Love tears his ACL in OTAs

GB would instantaneously start an apology tour with AR, stage the reconciliation, and Jets are screwed

GB is like the Steelers.  Too proud of a franchise to ever embrace a full fledged tank / “rebuild”.

The Jets patience will run out once Jimmy guys and they'll move on to someone like Tannehill.

Although I have a feeling Rodgers will re-insert himself into this at some point and say it's either the Jets or I'm showing up to training camp in GB, I'm not retiring. That will force GB's hand. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

This is interesting.  Did their GM just basically say they wanted Rodgers back?  But he wanted to play for the Jets instead??  

I took it as trying to save face following Rodgers’ comments about how GB handled his situation after the season.

31 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Sounds like somebody who understands a first round pick is out

Packers don’t need a first round pick. Jets have two #2’s. Deal isn’t done yet. Really hope Douglas has like a four and a conditional pick on the table right now versus GB wanting a two and a strong conditional pick in 2024.

37 minutes ago, choon328 said:

This is being interpreted as the deal was agreed upon and then changed by GB. Which makes sense. No team would allow their current player to negotiate with other teams without parameters of a trade being in place. That never happens.

7 minutes ago, derp said:

Packers don’t need a first round pick. Jets have two #2’s. Deal isn’t done yet. Really hope Douglas has like a four and a conditional pick on the table right now versus GB wanting a two and a strong conditional pick in 2024.

So it’s not the packers being insane and asking for “13 and then some”….    Jets need to make this happen