Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Wilson was awful.  The O they ran was awful.  I've never been a huge Wilson fan and Rodgers is 10X the QB Wilson is.  That said Wilson has been amazingly efficient for a long time and many people think of him as a future 1st ballot HOF QB and in the current conversation of top 10.  I'm not one of them but the Denver O was shockingly bad.

Hackett ran the show.  Hope it was an anomaly.  

I’m telling you guys this offense takes a year to learn.   Rodgers looked average in 2019 and it’s why they drafted Love.    That’s why I’ve been saying be careful about wishing for Lamar you don’t know if he’ll be the same guy     ESP the first year 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Yep, that's what I got too but it doesn't seem like you are discounting next year's second round pick which is not worth as much as an equivalent second round pick this year.  Next year's second round pick is worth a third rounder this year so a 2023 2nd rounder + a 2024 2nd rounder is even lower than the 21st pick in this year's draft AND far lower than the 13th pick.

Let's go a step further and say the Packers meet the conditions to trigger next year's first round pick and JD discounts it by half a round in today's dollars (versus the full round draft experts often discount future draft picks).

This year's 42nd pick + next year's late first round (equivalent to a 2023 mid 2nd rounder) = 18th pick this year.  Still lower than this year's 13th pick and would only trigger if the Jets met team performance conditions (per the rumors).

Some on this board are simply failing to understand the discounted value of future picks.  This year is SO much more valuable to both teams for a # of reasons. 

And you eluded to it: the only way the Jets would give up that first is if it was very late.   Also to your point why it took multiple future firsts and seconds for the panthers to move up nine spots to attempt to draft a guy they hope will work out.   A guy who in fantasy land could ever be as good as Rodgers currently is

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, THE BARON said:
Justin Herbert, Trevor Lawrence and Brady if he does it again. 

Rodgers had a better passer rating than Brady last year and Brady would be 46 if he played this season. No way I'd put him ahead of Rodgers.

not ahead of rodgers, but if brady played, he'd still be considered a top qb.  probably not top five but in the mix for top ten. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I disagree.  He's best season was 2010.  He had an incredible playoff run and was SB MVP.  He also won the league MVP twice with Fat Mike.  The Packers and Rodgers were great the years Hackett was their but they lost in the playoffs as the favorite twice and he had a lossing record in the playoffs in that 3 year span.

Nobody in Green Bay cares about regular season stats.  That's why Bart Starr will always be the Packers QB Goat.  

Doesn’t Starr hold the #1 spot for post season passer rating? A stat that didn’t exist when he was playing. 

26 minutes ago, ptisme said:

But the only thing close to this Jets defense the Packers ever had they won it all

I agree. I think Rodgers recognizes that the Jets have the defense and offensive weapons to make a legitimate run, and that’s what continuing to play is all about. That and the money. The man has no intention of blemishing his record here, he’s looking to enhance it. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, ptisme said:

That Atlanta game was the greatest performance I’ve ever witnessed by a quarterback in my 51 years 

As a Jets fan I’m partial to the Namath Unitas shoot out game.  Namath only completed 15 passes.  496 yards and 5 TDS.  

That Atlanta game was pure surgery by Rodgers.   He was the Zen master in that game.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Ps Rodgers is the second greatest Packer of all time.   The greatest was a WR

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/03/29/aaron-rodgers-greatest-packer-debate-top-10-ranking#gid=ci02bb5bb02005243e&pid=6

Meh

Rodgers is a 4-time MVP, Super Bowl winner and Mount Rushmore candidate at the most important position in professional sports.

I know Hutson is a legend, but so is Jerry Rice, and I’d still take Montana over Rice every day of the week and so would the overwhelming majority of 49ers fans.

• Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Even though its a small factor, I dont like the pick swap. I think we are giving enough.

The packers have the issue that they could look really bad if Rodgers plays well and love flops. I personally think the second in 2025 is too much but it wouldn’t impact this team in the expected two years rodgers would play. You know for a fact that it stung like hell for the pats when Brady won another ring without the pats.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, extmenace said:

The packers have the issue that they could look really bad if Rodgers plays well and love flops. I personally think the second in 2025 is too much but it wouldn’t impact this team in the expected two years rodgers would play. You know for a fact that it stung like hell for the pats when Brady won another ring without the pats.

If we are only giving up the 2025 2nd, if Rodgers plays in 2024, I am fine with that part. We get at least 2 years of him and then hopefully that 2nd round pick is in the 55-60 range.

2 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

If we are only giving up the 2025 2nd, if Rodgers plays in 2024, I am fine with that part. We get at least 2 years of him and then hopefully that 2nd round pick is in the 55-60 range.

Yea, I don’t love it but it’s tolerable. I really think the packers ego and the potential to look bad is blinding them from making a no brainer deal. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

May remove us from OT if we fall back 2 slots. I would be very against this trade.

I have no real reason why I think it but I just feel like a trade down is going to happen this year. If that happens, the swap won’t be a huge deal. If they pick there, you’re right, could cost us an OT.

9 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I have no real reason why I think it but I just feel like a trade down is going to happen this year. If that happens, the swap won’t be a huge deal. If they pick there, you’re right, could cost us an OT.

Yea I'm fine with a trade down. I'd almost prefer it but that depends how confident Douglas is with our OTs and the OTs outside the top 3

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

As a Jets fan I’m partial to the Namath Unitas shoot out game.  Namath only completed 15 passes.  496 yards and 5 TDS.  

That Atlanta game was pure surgery by Rodgers.   He was the Zen master in that game.

You may be right...  I wasn't alive to see that one so i'll have to take ur word for it.

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

They haven't had great Defenses but they had a better D than the Jets in the year before and in their SB year.  The year before they were out in the wild card round.  The year they won the SB Rodgers had a run in the playoffs that was unreal.  He played great, particularly in the Atlanta game where he put on a show. 

Ur kidding right?  The year before(2009) Rodgers played out of his mind and his defense collapsed in Arizona.  GB lost 51-45.

5 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

ok, if you don't like who you think will be there at 13, then trade back and make multiple picks later in the draft (or get a future 1st).

i'm sorry, but i don't see how anyone can think a 2nd this year and a future 2nd is worth more than the #13 pick this year.  clearly the jets feel the #13 is more valuable, or this thread would be 200 pages shorter.

last year, the #11 pick was traded for #16, 98 and 120.  the #12 pick (and the #46 pick) were traded for the #32, 34 and 66 picks.  the #13 pick was traded for #15, 124, 166, and 166.

the asset value of #13 is much greater than the collective values of #42 (or 43) and a future 2nd.  i get the conditionality (per the rumor we are discussing) could make the future pick a 1st, but one would assume under this scenario, we are talking a late 1st if it is a team success-based condition.

JD seems to like the star players.  This team seems to have alot of holes to fill.  Trading down from 13 this year can make some sense.  Get a C, DT, S, LB, RB. 

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

Yea, I don’t love it but it’s tolerable. I really think the packers ego and the potential to look bad is blinding them from making a no brainer deal. 

Is this for sure the offer or is this more constantly changing inside sources?  Don't make me go back through this thread and rehash the daily change in wind direction of these sources...

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I was rooting for Wirfs when we were on the clock lol but I'm hoping for Broderick Jones this time around

I’m just saying you never know how it’s going to shake out. Look at last year with stingley and London getting picked ahead of us.  I think it’s pretty fair. The most important thing is Rodgers would be ours for the entire off season.  That’s worth something right there