Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Rodgers wants to play for the Jets, not a "mystery team'. Packers have the same amount of leverage today, as they had after Rodgers went on the Pat McAfee show 3 weeks ago announcing his intentions to play for the Jets in 2023. 

Actually he said his intentions are to play with the Jets. Not that he wanted to.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I assume that people who believe Carton still eat crayons.

Even the Schefter’s and Rapoport’s have been completely shut out of this thing, but I’m supposed to believe that this dickhole bozo has inside knowledge?

Who’s bright idea was it to give this guy another gig after he got out of the slammer anyway?

The guy who wanted to win drive time in NY… the GM of WFAN?

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

And I'd tell you "best of luck with Zach Wilson in 2023, send me your resume once Woody fires you, I always have a spot for a guy who can make copies on the copier, lol".

The worst-case for GB is a cap problem and a HOF QB starting for them till they want Love to start.  Trouble, sure, but not a killer, winning wise certainly.

The worst case for the NYJ is Zach Wilson starting because all the real options are gone now, which gets everyone fired and a new rebuild started.

Your move.

“Wow.  Reports are out that Zach Wilson has been working hard and looking great. Take a 2023 2nd  and 4th that can become a 2nd in 2024.  Or we roll with Zach Wilson.” 

Cowherd’s Plan B: (Zach and tank to save a click) 

If you are GB you can’t have Rodgers back.   What do you do from here? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, heymangold said:

the packers won't be trading rodgers to SF unless multiple 1st round picks are involved.  they won't trade him to a team they directly have to compete with for playoff spots.

I disagree.  GB will trade Rodgers for the best package.  All things being equal, he goes to the Jets.  If SF offers 2 thirds this year and a first next year he will go to SF unless the Jets are willing to put together a better offer. 

2023 will be a transitional year for GB, they will not be SB contenders.  My guess is 6-9 wins.  If Love works out then their SB window will open up in 2 years when Rodgers is gone and not an obstacle to overcome.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, GTB999 said:

I disagree.  GB will trade Rodgers for the best package.  All things being equal, he goes to the Jets.  If SF offers 2 thirds this year and a first next year he will go to SF unless the Jets are willing to put together a better offer. 

2023 will be a transitional year for GB, they will not be SB contenders.  My guess is 6-9 wins.  If Love works out then their SB window will open up in 2 years when Rodgers is gone and not an obstacle to overcome.

Rodgers decides where he wants to play. The Packers GM told us last week that Rodgers informed them through his agent that he wanted to play for the Jets. Hence, they are negotiating with the jets. 

The first step in Rodgers getting traded anywhere is committing to play there. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yes, but the packers GM said last week that Rodgers asked to be traded to the Jets. 

They were pretty much the only team interested in the AFC. If Green Bay is willing to trade him somewhere in the NFC, that could change things.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, GTB999 said:

The other part of the equation is Rodgers. If he doesn't want to play for a team, he can just tell them he's going to retire and GB eats the cap.

• Upvote 2

The Niners talk, the mystery team...all this seems to be floated out for the Packers' benefit, which makes me think they are the ones leaking out this stuff.

After JD did the Packers right by shooting down the Lamar stuff, wanting to negotiate in good faith, this is pretty low. I think people who paint Rodgers as the bad one in that relationship might be somewhat mistaken. Gutekunst seems pretty underhanded.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, GTB999 said:

Precisely.

Woody thinks he has the leverage and is delusional. Pull out now while you can, You've lost this poker game. 

• Thumb Down 1

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The other part of the equation is Rodgers. If he doesn't want to play for a team, he can just tell them he's going to retire and GB eats the cap.

The cap hit is 40 mil if Rodgers retires.  The same hit if they trade him before June 1.  GB loses out on compensation, but cap hit doesn't change.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Precisely.

Woody thinks he has the leverage and is delusional. Pull out now while you can, You've lost this poker game. 

I’m fine with that.  I’d call their bluff.  

They have talked to Rodgers and he might not like the 9ers trade.  That info will help them.  They seem to be confident.  

57 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Rodgers decides where he wants to play. The Packers GM told us last week that Rodgers informed them through his agent that he wanted to play for the Jets. Hence, they are negotiating with the jets. 

The first step in Rodgers getting traded anywhere is committing to play there. 

SF has a better shot to win the SB with Rodgers than the Jets do.  SF is also his childhood team.  Does anyone really think he is going to balk at a SF trade?

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

This might be back a few pages - but Good Morning Football 10 minute discussion this morning.  Wow.  The consensus said this years 2nd, 4th, and a 2025 2nd/ (1st if Rodgers plays 8 games in the next 2 seasons) is not enough.   

Wow.  That deal seems to rich to offer to me.   

https://www.nfl.com/videos/latest-on-aaron-rodgers-stalemate-between-packers-and-jets-gmfb

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Don't think this rumor is true for starters. But if the Jets do hear that GB is listening to other offers. That's when you get Lamar in ASAP. We've operated in good faith during this. They don't want to. Then we can play that game too.

This. 

During the owners meetings when JD was asked about Lamar said it would be “inappropriate” at this time because they’re going down the Rodgers road and it would be disingenuous to even suggest they would be interested.  

However, if GB wants to **** around and find out, at some point it’s no longer inappropriate or disingenuous. 

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, GTB999 said:

SF has a better shot to win the SB with Rodgers than the Jets do.  SF is also his childhood team.  Does anyone really think he is going to balk at a SF trade?

I think he will be traded before the draft, so I don’t think it matters, because he’s not going to SF. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

This might be back a few pages - but Good Morning Football 10 minute discussion this morning.  Wow.  The consensus said this years 2nd, 4th, and a 2025 2nd/ (1st if Rodgers plays 8 games in the next 2 seasons) is not enough.   

Wow.  That deal seems to rich to offer to me.   

https://www.nfl.com/videos/latest-on-aaron-rodgers-stalemate-between-packers-and-jets-gmfb

Consensus, as in, upset packer fans?

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If he retires they eat his cap.   If he gets traded they eat the cap.   matters not.   You think if he gets traded to the niners he won't play for Shanahan and miss out on that second ring?   Chances of the niners winning the SB with Rodgers are way better than his chances with the Jets.

• More Ugh 1

18 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

This. 

During the owners meetings when JD was asked about Lamar said it would be “inappropriate” at this time because they’re going down the Rodgers road and it would be disingenuous to even suggest they would be interested.  

However, if GB wants to **** around and find out, at some point it’s no longer inappropriate or disingenuous. 

Lamar doesn't run the offense the Jets run and he's missed 10 of the last 22 games he's played due to injuries