Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Said it in my previous post dude, lol.  Tannehill.  Failing that, Bridgewater.

People say they don't want "mediocrity", and hates guys like Carr and Cousins......but wants Tannehill or Bridgewater?  :-k

Like I said, some of you truly seem to prefer to suck fat dick or just keep blowing #1 picks than even try to actually improve. 

Tannehill and/or Bridgewater may as well be Josh McCown all over again, it's not even trying to compete.

7h9hme.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Who is the QB you want then ?

To be quite honest, that question infuriates me. People act like a one year rental of a 40 year QB is the only possible solution, take your shot and don't worry about any thing else. Rodgers is a horrible idea. And the Jets are definitely up against it at QB. But we need to find the solution best long term for the Jets not for a single year moon shot. Giving up multiple draft picks and $60 million in deap cap is just not the way to try and build long term success. But it seems Jets fans don't care. All they want is Rodgers for a year and then suck again.

• Upvote 4
  • More Ugh 1

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

People say they don't want "mediocrity", and hates guys like Carr and Cousins......but wants Tannehill or Bridgewater?  :-k

Like I said, some of you truly seem to prefer to suck fat dick or just keep blowing #1 picks than even try to actually improve. 

Tannehill and/or Bridgewater may as well be Josh McCown all over again, it's not even trying to compete.

Bridgewater only is a guy you commit 1 year to (or less perhaps, if the mid rounder pans out right away).

Carr is mediocrity you have to commit 3-4 years and lots of guaranteed coin to.

I’ve said this hundreds of times by now.  How do you not get this?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Doesn't make Rodgers for a year a wise choice. I personally would rather have Bridgewater for a year and continue the process than a completely misguided IMO stab at one year competence.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

46 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Ok so who is our starter. AR is not worth a 2nd? Just wait until we have RT under center, by week 4 it’s over. Woody put all his chips in on AR if that fails it’s going to be ugly, besides a huge embarrassment as a meddling owner and even lower for the franchise, players , and fans. 

True Jets fans should always prepare for the inevitable:

image.gif.6e87c331e8ac0bf4c8fc4b4d1cbef57b.gif

No Rodgers is not worth a 2nd.  Not even close.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bridgewater only is a guy you commit 1 year to (or less perhaps, if the mid rounder pans out right away).

So just tank in 2023, got it.  Sounds like a great plan, sorry I'm too dumb to see it's brilliance.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Doesn't make Rodgers for a year a wise choice. I personally would rather have Bridgewater for a year and continue the process than a completely misguided IMO stab at one year competence.

Continue what "process"? 

The process of "close your eyes and pray while drafting bust-ass QB's", busts some of us had nailed long before we stupidly picked them?

I want nothing to do with that so-called "process" anymore.

The only thing I'm shocked about this offseason is that the Jets aren't all-in on Bryce Young, because if anything says "Jets QB Draft Pick" it's a massively costly trade up to get a 5'11" starting QB, lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So just tank in 2023, got it.  Sounds like a great plan, sorry I'm too dumb to see it's brilliance.

F**k off.  I said Bridgewater would be an anti-tank decision.  Read my posts and actually comprehend what I’m saying before you assume my position next time.  

• More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

F**k off.

Eat sh*t.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I said Bridgewater would be an anti-tank decision.

Saying it doesn't make it fact. 

Bridgewater is pure trash, a tanker-tanky-tank choice if ever there was one.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I also said Tannehill would be my choice ahead of Teddy which you ignored.  

GFY

I didn't ignore anything, I said he sucks too, a Josh McCown for 2023.

And no 80, I will not GFY, but you can keep cuss'in if it makes you happy.

Not my problem you prefer bad QB's.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This would’ve happened by now. Draft is approaching, schedule release is approaching. 

When you say that this would have happened by now - do you mean a trade specifically to the jets or a trade in general? Cuz the thing is, he hasn’t been traded to any team yet. So, unless you think he’s retiring or staying with GB, I don’t see why things are appreciably different for us now than they were, say, a week or two ago. 

I tend to think that the draft is the first natural deadline for the trade because I presume (maybe I’m wrong?) that GB would want at least one pick from this year’s draft. I wouldn’t worry until at least after the draft has come and gone (still three weeks away). And, even then, there is nothing in principle to stop the jets from trading for Rodgers as late as August.  

Long way to go, IMO

• Upvote 2

Stop answering any of GB's phone calls until after the draft.  He's available now and he'll still be available in May.  Keep both 2's this year, see if you can net another monster draft class and offer less once the draft is over.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I pop in here about once every few days to a week.  What's the latest?  A rumor that SF wants to get in on the pursuit of Rodgers?

That seems pretty far fetched at this point given their current Lance, Darnold, Purdy situation, right?

And, doesn't Aaron have to approve a trade?  He already said his intention is to play for the Jets.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Wow.  Corey Davis, 2 high seconds and 1st plus a horrible contract?

A bright future or mortgage it with this squad? 

gross.  

See if Wilson is better.   Sign a vet.  Tank if it starts rough.  That’s what would be better for the team than that deal.  

No just one second this year. I say #42/43 because I don't know which one the Jets would send. 

The conditional pick next year will probably be a 2nd that becomes a 1st if the Jets make it to the AFCCG/SBLVIII or something like that. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Stop answering any of GB's phone calls until after the draft.  He's available now and he'll still be available in May.  Keep both 2's this year, see if you can net another monster draft class and offer less once the draft is over.

Aaron is that you?

• Ugh 1

22 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Leaning more to this as well.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Eh, I think the draft is when you can squeeze them. They want draft comp.

Legitimately punting until after the draft could end up the best case scenario -- it's also how you end up not getting him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Eh, I think the draft is when you can squeeze them. They want draft comp.

Legitimately punting until after the draft could end up the best case scenario -- it's also how you end up not getting him.

Mabye you don't get him.  I'm fine with that.  Need another QB in 12 months either way.

• WTF? 1

On the topic of Ryan Tannehill:

1) Nobody thinks he's "the guy." He's just "the guy who prevents us from watching Zach Wilson play football."

2) Zach Wilson was about as bad at QB as you can possibly be in this league and still started 9 games, and he went 5-4 in those games. This team is good and I think people are underestimating where we'd land with "competent" QB play. Tannehill may suck -- but we're a playoff team with him last year.

• Upvote 3