Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

46 minutes ago, static14 said:

It's unpopular for a really good reason. It's wrong. 

The Jets never had a plan of getting a vet QB for this year.  Their plan, their one and only plan was to get Aaron Rodgers.

They had all the leverage in this situation they had time pressure they could apply to the packers, they had tons of other alternatives.  As in they could have had a plan A, B C and D.

Except for one thing they never acted on plan B, C, D and are now left with plan A.  the packers should have been in a totally disadvantageous position here but they are not.  Why?  Because the Jets (and Rodgers) just handed the packers the only leverage they have.  Both sides declaring. that Rodgers is going to be a Jet before any actual agreement

There is literally no plan B for the Jets.  Now the Packers can try and squeeze the jets for more than they ever would have got before.

100% self inflicted awful plan by the NY Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I said during the whole offseason that Aaron Rodgers will not be a Jet and I'm still right cause the Jets will always Jet....and douglas is gonna try and outsmart everyone while screwing the team and the fans out of a HOF QB.  Prepare yourself for the inevitable kick in the balls.  This will go down as the most epic SOJ moment maybe in history, and we will be mocked and abused for 5 lifetimes

• Thumb Down 1

56 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You think a spiteful Aaron Rodgers is going to retire instead of collecting $60 million agree the way they've give about this situation? He anyway hates the GM there for drafting Love and never drafting anybody early on offense to help him. I think you're underestimating the amount of spite and hurt feelings Rodgers has now and how much more there will be if this trade falls through. 

Only point I was making is in no way in hell will he play for Green Bay again, that’s all

• Upvote 1

It’s funny how Packers fans and even some Jets fans are saying the Packers can just keep Aaron Rodgers and his contract and keep him on the bench. Do they not realize that this would be literally spitting in the face of one of their all time greatest players, who you plan on retiring their number and going into the hall of fame with your jersey on. Rodgers is the type of guy who would just go in as a Jet, if that happens. They respect Rodgers more than that, which is why this “keep him” theory is all horsesh*t. In the end, they will trade him for 2 2nds and it will be done. No one is in a rush other than moronic fans of both franchises. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

It’s funny how Packers fans and even some Jets fans are saying the Packers can just keep Aaron Rodgers and his contract and keep him on the bench. Do they not realize that this would be literally spitting in the face of one of their all time greatest players, who you plan on retiring their number and going into the hall of fame with your jersey on. Rodgers is the type of guy who would just go in as a Jet, if that happens. They respect Rodgers more than that, which is why this “keep him” theory is all horsesh*t. In the end, they will trade him for 2 2nds and it will be done. No one is in a rush other than moronic fans of both franchises. 

Certain fans are delusional. Their gm and president said publicly they are moving on. Anyone wishing otherwise is brainwashed.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I said during the whole offseason that Aaron Rodgers will not be a Jet and I'm still right cause the Jets will always Jet....and douglas is gonna try and outsmart everyone while screwing the team and the fans out of a HOF QB.  Prepare yourself for the inevitable kick in the balls.  This will go down as the most epic SOJ moment maybe in history, and we will be mocked and abused for 5 lifetimes

Can you post your picks every Saturday this year, it would be cool to beat Vegas 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I didn't pay attention to Green Bay fans but it is insane how entitled they seem to me!

Amazing they would for "spite" literally allow a player, THEY DON'T WANT ANYMORE, to collect over $100 Million dollars to do nothing and not improve their team so that the player and another team will be hurt!

It’s truly sad and it’s making me not like them at all if I’m being honest 

• Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'll reiterate my very very unpopular opinion on this.  The Jets have played the 'get a vet QB for this year' scenario about as bad as you can play it and are now reaping their stupidity.

Nothing has changed except your feelings.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

And if he becomes a Jet are you going to make a post about how you were wrong?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

No intelligent Packer fan thinks Rodgers being on the team is an option..

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

How do you explain the idiotic comments from bhaktiari??

He's a Rodgers guy.   I'm sure he'd love to join Rodgers in NY...   I can't explain the angle he was using for that comment re coming back and sitting on the bench....   

1 hour ago, Larz said:

The more I read the more mind boggling it is that JD let woody fire up his personal Jet and fly out to meet Rodgers without a firm agreement in place. If it was just an ambiguous, vague understanding then he got played by the Packers because they knew that after meeting Rodgers Woody would be all in.  I think that’s the big W factor here, when does Woody just call JD and tell him to just effing do it. 

there are some optics involved with Rodgers going into the HOF as a packer and all that how messy they will allow the divorce to get. 

if it isn’t the 2023 first involved, only a second, the packers can wait until September if they really want to. They won’t, but technically they can bluff the bejeezus out of JD.  
They can pivot to a player this year and the first next year easily.
There is no bumper, no deadline after June 2 for them. Every day after June 2 Rodgers value this year to the Jets is diluted a little because of lost preparation time, and the pressure goes up on the jets.  

if it goes beyond June 17 look out  things could get crazy lol

Sounds like a deal was in place and Woody  stopped it from going forward bc both teams were operating under the understanding that Rodgers would be here 2 years. Rodgers comments on McAfee gave the Jets doubts he'd be here more than 1 year and they backed offthe original trade parameters. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Sounds like a deal was in place and Woody  stopped it from going forward bc both teams were operating under the understanding that Rodgers would be here 2 years. Rodgers comments on McAfee gave the Jets doubts he'd be here more than 1 year and they backed offthe original trade parameters. 

Take it all with a grain of salt.  Don't believe everything you read.  These are negotiations.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

So now we are believing another hack reporter on how the negotiations happened ? NONE OF THEM KNOW ANYTHING!! I admit I was into this back and forth for the first 399 pages. I’m out. See you at the draft. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

So now we are believing another hack reporter on how the negotiations happened ? NONE OF THEM KNOW ANYTHING!! I admit I was into this back and forth for the first 399 pages. I’m out. See you at the draft. 

I'm pretty sure if the report sends like it's coming out of NY, it's not true. I think reports that seem to be coming out of GB are true. They're trying to shed responsibility bc this is not a good look for them to treat one of their all time greats like this. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets never had a plan of getting a vet QB for this year.  Their plan, their one and only plan was to get Aaron Rodgers.

They had all the leverage in this situation they had time pressure they could apply to the packers, they had tons of other alternatives.  As in they could have had a plan A, B C and D.

Except for one thing they never acted on plan B, C, D and are now left with plan A.  the packers should have been in a totally disadvantageous position here but they are not.  Why?  Because the Jets (and Rodgers) just handed the packers the only leverage they have.  Both sides declaring. that Rodgers is going to be a Jet before any actual agreement

There is literally no plan B for the Jets.  Now the Packers can try and squeeze the jets for more than they ever would have got before.

wow, you repeat the same nonsense over and over again, and when challenged on it, you go into hiding, only to emerge a few days later and spout the same nonsense.

i've asked you questions on this at least 3 times (probably more) and never once have you answered.  i call that being gutless.

you've never spelled out what the jets should have done, especially considering carr signed with the saints before the jets even met with rodgers, let alone before rodgers said he will play for the jets.

so what were plan B, C and D they should have acted on.  and if they had acted on said plans B, C or D - then the pursuit of rodgers is over and plan B, C or D is now the starting QB for the jets.

was this your plan???

(as usual, i expect you to duck the question) 

3 hours ago, varjet said:

Getting to the initial points from the prior page, I think both posters are correct:

• For the Packers, their CAP COST to either keep or trade Rodgers in 2023 is about the same.
    • If they keep him, his cap hit his is amortized bonus from 2022, plus the amortized option bonus from 2023 (the $16mm that would hit the Jets if they paid it), plus his small salary.
    • If GB trades Rodgers, the DON'T have to pay his option bonus and take that hit, but they do accelerate his bonus from last year.
  • Yes, Jordan Love's 5th year option was not exercised.   That is for 2024.   There is no way that GB can carry that $20mm, plus Rodgers cap cost for 2024 if he is on the Packers.  That cap cost is basically amortizations of the 2022, 2023 and 2024 bonuses-yes I believe the Packers would be stuck with Rodgers for another 2 years-2023 and 2024.  
  • Yes, I think GB outsmarted themselves.  Rodgers still had life in him.  Either you let him walk with dignity early, and ride him until he drops.  The sign and trade thing made no sense.  

Honest question if they say you know what we're keeping arod would the Jets have any interest in Jordan love?

Another random thought if Tennessee drafts a qb high maybe tannehill shakes loose 

1 hour ago, JETS SB said:

“See you in 20 minutes.”

Fixed it.

• Haha 1

Some Jets fans are hilarious.  Need instant gratification even if it means stabbing yourself in the back.  The Packers have ZERO leverage.  If the Jets walk away, they're fooked.  They can't afford Rodgers, he  doesn't want to play there, they'd be paying him $60M to ride the bench.  That'll go over well in GB. 

Stay the course JD.  Don't listen to the chicken littles.  The sky is not falling.

54 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I would be surprised if the Titans want to move from Tannehill so strongly that they would trade him for "very little" to a competing team unless their agenda is to move up in the draft. Their alternative on the bench is a third round pick who went 1-4 last season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Honest question if they say you know what we're keeping arod would the Jets have any interest in Jordan love?

Another random thought if Tennessee drafts a qb high maybe tannehill shakes loose 

i would give 13 for Love.  

I would trade for Tannehill and forget Rodgers.  Tannehill will play longer and his wife will be in the NY Post.

I think the key point, which I tried to make before, is that JD and Saleh started this adventure with the "sustainable, competitive, winner" model of the Steelers, Ravens and ...the Packers.   JD could not get it done fast enough, and now he is trying to win now.

The issue is...win now is VERY expensive.  Woody does not want to pay...that. 

• Upvote 1

i would give 13 for Love.  
I would trade for Tannehill and forget Rodgers.  Tannehill will play longer and his wife will be in the NY Post.
I think the key point, which I tried to make before, is that JD and Saleh started this adventure with the "sustainable, competitive, winner" model of the Steelers, Ravens and ...the Packers.   JD could not get it done fast enough, and now he is trying to win now.
The issue is...win now is VERY expensive.  Woody does not want to pay...that. 
Love and Tannehill ??
Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

So it's Woody who put the hold on the deal. If that's the case then there goes the Packers fans thought that Woody will eventually fold and pressure JD to make the trade. That's not good for GB

Feels like Murphy and Gutenkunst are just searching for a way to save face before the inevitable occurs. They don’t have another bidder, they absolutely cannot afford to take Rodgers back into the fold, and time is running out. On the other end, the Jets are literally bidding against themselves and the offer they put together is only as high as it is to deter the Irsays of the world from trying to jump in on a lark. These rumors about the impasse have become increasingly desperate, which suggests it’s the Packers doing some expectation-setting for their weird little blog community who’s already grieving over the end of the Favre-Rodgers Era. 

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I would be surprised if the Titans want to move from Tannehill so strongly that they would trade him for "very little" to a competing team unless their agenda is to move up in the draft. Their alternative on the bench is a third round pick who went 1-4 last season.

Titans are likely going to end up tanking for Drake Maye. Vrabel hates Malik Willis, allegedly, but Ran Carthon is sniffing around trading up to 3 for Richardson. Tannehill would stick around if they do the deal for pick 3 because Richardson isn’t ready, but that route is likely prohibitively expensive, both in terms of dollars and draft capital.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Bored Rowan Atkinson GIF by Working Title

• Haha 1