Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 hours ago, Bosleyjet74 said:

Saw one person put on Facebook put that he will settle now for #13 #42 this year plus our first in 2024 and a second in 2025 just to get it done as dragging on god knows what he expected originally 

Homeboy is gonna be real disappointed ?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya I didn’t know any of this. I just figured we could trade for him and restructure him after the draft. Interesting that no one in the media has brought this up.

Good find

Me either lol. There are so many moving parts here that I’m starting to think it will be done tomorrow or Wednesday actually. 

we may actually be getting close lol 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Me either lol. There are so many moving parts here that I’m starting to think it will be done tomorrow or Wednesday actually. 

we may actually be getting close lol 

Haha. Not getting my hopes up. I thought trade would be done a day or 2 after McAfee for sure and here we are 6 weeks later.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya I didn’t know any of this. I just figured we could trade for him and restructure him after the draft. Interesting that no one in the media has brought this up.

Good find

i think the jets could restructure him at any time after the trade.  but if his existing contract with the packers needs to be restructured so that the packers are absorbing more of the cap hit, then that would need to be done before the trade.  once he's traded, whatever contract is then in place is assumed by the jets.

4 hours ago, Bosleyjet74 said:

Saw one person put on Facebook put that he will settle now for #13 #42 this year plus our first in 2024 and a second in 2025 just to get it done as dragging on god knows what he expected originally 

IMG_2830.jpeg

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

i think the jets could restructure him at any time after the trade.  but if his existing contract with the packers needs to be restructured so that the packers are absorbing more of the cap hit, then that would need to be done before the trade.  once he's traded, whatever contract is then in place is assumed by the jets.

True, but at the time they acquire it they have to have cap room.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

you actually think that the Jets take on every dollar of that contract vs the cap?  Hey... it's a big number for the Jets, no doubt, but it was the Packers who created it.

I’ll be honest. At this point I’m not that interested anymore. This has dragged on so long and it’s been discussed ad nauseum. Our opinions have all been given, repeated, and then given again.

For now, I’m willing to just make a few light hearted observations while I wait for it to play out. Whatever it is it is. ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ll be honest. At this point I’m not that interested anymore. This has dragged on so long and it’s been discussed ad nauseum. Our opinions have all been given, repeated, and then given again.

For now, I’m willing to just make a few light hearted observations while I wait for it to play out. Whatever it is it is. ?‍♂️

I cannot say I am not interested, but I am drained. 

4 hours ago, Bosleyjet74 said:

Please let us know who this is, so we can all Friend this person and follow up next week.

• Haha 2

Can anyone tell me exactly what "tweaking the contract" means?

This concerns me. What kind of new diabolical twist are the Packers throwing into the mix now? Obviously any tweak they make would be to their benefit. Therefore, it follows that this tweak will be detrimental to the Jets. I want to know how this will affect us.

Just now, Jet Blast said:

This concerns me. What kind of new diabolical twist are the Packers throwing into the mix now? Obviously any tweak they make would be to their benefit. Therefore, it follows that this tweak will be detrimental to the Jets. I want to know how this will affect us.

R-E-L-A-X 

JD doesn't get screwed. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ll be honest. At this point I’m not that interested anymore. This has dragged on so long and it’s been discussed ad nauseum. Our opinions have all been given, repeated, and then given again. so lately I've been giving out my perceived views of Packers fans' opinions.

For now, I’m willing to just make a few light hearted, half-baked opinions while I wait for it to play out. Whatever it is it is. ?‍♂️

^fx'd

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

The Packers are going to eat some of the $60 million option bonus that Rodgers is owed. How much of it is the key. Then I expect the Jets to add on a couple of void years to lower his cap hit even further the next 2 years.  That'll be done post trade. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

We have to be under the cap for it to go through. If we take on Rodgers deal as is right now his cap hit this year is at best roughly 16mill. We right now have 8mill in cap skate. So we’d be over the cap if we traded for him now. Which is ok as long as you fix it within 24hrs (from what I understand). So we’d have to make cuts or restructure him pre draft.

What could happen is we include Davis in the trade which makes us comply. Cut Davis or Whitehead in the next couple days so we have space for Rodgers. Or GB could restructure Rodgers the way we want so the trade could go through easier. But why would they do that for us?

So I expect us to make a big cut or 2 in these next couple days or the trade to go down pre draft so we can restructure Rodgers the way we want and make a cut still as well.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Packers are going to eat some of the $60 million option bonus that Rodgers is owed. How much of it is the key. Then I expect the Jets to add on a couple of void years to lower his cap hit even further the next 2 years.  That'll be done post trade. 

We have to stay under the cap though. So something has to be done. We can’t trade for him and be over the cap. Necessary moves would have to be part of the trade or done before. 

21 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

They give it to a meth user to review

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

It’s a poison pill that requires Rodgers to be paid in dimes 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

FLORIO: “THE 49ers ARE NOT GETTING IN ON THIS” 

With the media now saying the trade is most likely going to happen before or during the draft I can't imagine the hysterical bed wetters after this weekend if it doesn't happen. They are legit going to lose their minds even though it's better for the Jets if the trade happens after the draft. I predict at least 3 "FIRE JD NOW" threads, among a tidal wave of dumbass freakout threads if it doesn't happen. Probably a sh*tty kevin c video too.

I'm here for it.

fox tv coffee GIF by Lethal Weapon

• Haha 1

It isn't that difficult... Just tell GB to go F themselves, and start moving in another direction. Watch how fast GB changes their tune, and their cost comes down. I'd give them nothing higher than a 4th at this point and nothing more. They should be happy to get even that much. Otherwise they'll have to deal with the cluster F they created themselves.

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

It isn't that difficult... Just tell GB tel go F themselves, and start moving in another direction. Watch how fast GB changes their tune, and their cost comes down. I'd give them nothing higher than a 4th at this point and nothing more. They should be happy to get even that much. Otherwise they'll have to deal with the cluster F they created themselves.

So you’re saying……JD should apply leverage?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We have to be under the cap for it to go through. If we take on Rodgers deal as is right now his cap hit this year is at best roughly 16mill. We right now have 8mill in cap skate. So we’d be over the cap if we traded for him now. Which is ok as long as you fix it within 24hrs (from what I understand). So we’d have to make cuts or restructure him pre draft.

What could happen is we include Davis in the trade which makes us comply. Cut Davis or Whitehead in the next couple days so we have space for Rodgers. Or GB could restructure Rodgers the way we want so the trade could go through easier. But why would they do that for us?

So I expect us to make a big cut or 2 in these next couple days or the trade to go down pre draft so we can restructure Rodgers the way we want and make a cut still as well.

Wait, If we have to restructure his contract just to get under the cap for this year this is insane, his two years here are cap cheap are they not?  According to people on here we are looking at like 30 million cap charge per year for his 3rd and 4th years after he has packed it in.  We re going to increase those charges at a time when our young talent is actually going to be looking for pay raises?

4 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

It isn't that difficult... Just tell GB tel go F themselves, and start moving in another direction. Watch how fast GB changes their tune, and their cost comes down. I'd give them nothing higher than a 4th at this point and nothing more. They should be happy to get even that much. Otherwise they'll have to deal with the cluster F they created themselves.

The problem is that we have no other direction at all.  We are like the Evergiven stuck in the Suez canal with no way to run around.

We have no legit plan B and certainly no plan B that would leave the jets looking like anything less than total idiots for pursing this for so long,