Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

6 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

What does that mean? Bakthiari staying put?

This may be part of the Packers eating money. They pay out the Signing bonus and eat another $5.5 million in dead money.  Jets get him for about $10 million cap hit this year once they turn that roster bonus into a Signing bonus when he's traded. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, choon328 said:

This may be part of the Packers eating money. They pay out the Signing bonus and eat another $5.5 million in dead money.  Jets get him for about $10 million cap hit this year once they turn that roster bonus into a Signing bonus when he's traded. 

That's what I was wondering. I'm not sure it necessarily means he's staying. And the timing would suggest it might be tied to the trade. Or it might just be coincidental because of the start of the new league year. 

• Upvote 3

Well it could mean either or, perhaps the Bak contract was holding up the trade and part of the trade was a restructure before the trade?

The jets could be saying we are not giving you what you are asking for at that contract cost?  GB restructures him and then Douglas is willing to pay what they want?  Just spit balling here.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I could definitely see this being a possibility

Just now, Beerfish said:

Well it could mean either or, perhaps the Bak contract was holding up the trade and part of the trade was a restructure before the trade?

The jets could be saying we are not giving you what you are asking for at that contract cost?  GB restructures him and then Douglas is willing to pay what they want?  Just spit balling here.

That was my initial thought. I tend to think Rodgers wants Bakhtiari to come with him, and this may be the only way it is palatable for the Jets in terms of the cap. It might also mean the Jets are willing to give a bit more in compensation for the Packers to do the restructure.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Not sure that has really happened to Douglas since he's been here. The trades have either been even, a big Jets win, or a smaller deal. When has he really lost a bigger deal?

The fear is that this is an owner driven issue.   I like Douglas and if it as just up to him I could see him holding firm and walking away if it is too high of an ask.  Once Woody starts flaying all over the country and getting involved I fear the worst.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

The fear is that this is an owner driven issue.   I like Douglas and if it as just up to him I could see him holding firm and walking away if it is too high of an ask.  Once Woody starts flaying all over the country and getting involved I fear the worst.

F-Woody Johnson

the owner with 2 phallic names

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

Announce the deal, cowards!

Again, no deal will be announced and no one is leaking it. So it could be done and it waits until the 15th when they are officially allowed to trade. The team definitely cannot announce anything. 

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

No, all of the speculation about picks, players, money -- no. 

Just waiting on Aaron. That's it. 

How do you know this ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

That's true. That said, while Woody might be steering the ship on wanting Rodgers, Douglas would be the one executing the trade. Granted, he would lose a bit of leverage in his boss pushing hard for the deal, but he's still Joe Douglas. He's still the guy that turned Jamal Adams into a couple firsts, and Sam Darnold into a 2nd, 4th, and 6th. 

I would give that man an organ if he needed one.

17 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

What does that mean? Bakthiari staying put?

Means Rodges aint coming here like I've been saying on the board for friggin days now....but i get told stop it with the negative stuff......Jets will always freakin Jet........get ready for the biggest kick in the balls ever, and remember I TOLD YOU SO!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Again, no deal will be announced and no one is leaking it. So it could be done and it waits until the 15th when they are officially allowed to trade. The team definitely cannot announce anything. 

1. It was a joke

2. They can announce it before then, it just wouldn’t be official 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

there was a leak/speculation from the players about packages of players... this could be a fairly complex deal to get AR over here and everyone happy 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Means Rodges aint coming here like I've been saying on the board for friggin days now....but i get told stop it with the negative stuff......Jets will always freakin Jet........get ready for the biggest kick in the balls ever, and remember I TOLD YOU SO!!

Let me guess, you one of the ones who really thinks he can stay in GB?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And you should, we all should. This is the boob who brought us Farve, Tebow and Revis 2. This has clusterf*ck written all over it. This will be the 2nd worst thing he's done to this franchise, the first being buying the team in the first place. He is an unmitigated disaster who knows absolutely nothing about football. He just sucks.