Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't believe Carr was ever going to choose us, I think the media will spin it like we have egg on our face when I don't think we should

Actually I see it the other way around. Jets were never choosing Carr. 

They'd obviously rather have Jimmy G for 2 years than Carr for 4.  Thank God! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This thread is funny. Here’s a fact, not a single reporter knows what the **** is going on. I’ll bet my small wrinkly sack, that nobody on this board knows what’s going on. I don’t think the Jets nor the Packers know what’s going on. 

Stop believing these people with “sources.” I cannot believe how gullible some of you are. Ultimately, I don’t think he’s coming. I feel like he would’ve made his decision already. 

I think the President of the Packers actually saying what he said, isn’t “sources”. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ghost said:

This thread is funny. Here’s a fact, not a single reporter knows what the **** is going on. I’ll bet my small wrinkly sack, that nobody on this board knows what’s going on. I don’t think the Jets nor the Packers know what’s going on. 

Stop believing these people with “sources.” I cannot believe how gullible some of you are. Ultimately, I don’t think he’s coming. I feel like he would’ve made his decision already. 

Nuts Jewels GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

Just now, JETS SB said:

Yeah everyone was speculating based upon nothing, but the president of the Packers saying this, makes it real news. 

I knew because they were always kissing Rodgers a** after every season, this season the GM made it a point not too, that told me everything I needed to know.

When teams are committed to players they don’t let rumors and uncertainty linger. If you follow their actions it told it all 

15 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

This is the most legit news we have heard in 4 days. The Packers don’t want him. We are waiting on Rodgers to either accept the trade or retire. 

Yeah, I get it.  Rodgers the whack job needs to decide.  Has anyone considered the possibility that these comments are directed at DOUGLAS and not Rodgers?  Perhaps Aaron is on board and JD is roasting GB's chestnuts with regards to the compensation/contract split?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

Yeah, I get it.  Rodgers the whack job needs to decide.  Has anyone considered the possibility that these comments are directed at DOUGLAS and not Rodgers?  Perhaps Aaron is on board and JD is roasting GB's chestnuts with regards to the compensation/contract split?

Nope.  He wouldn’t have said that if a deal wasn’t already in place. Takes away all their leverage if they are holding out for more. It’s a done deal. Waiting on Rodgers. 

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I know. So what. F everyone else.  It’s not like he’s 28 and retiring instead of coming here. 

Yea, that's fine if you are only going to draft players and don't want to resign or bring in FAs.

Players are people, outside of drafting them, they have a decision on where they go. Our high taxes and media are already a struggle for us to get players, being a laughing stock in addition to that is not helpful.

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Another good point

damn this is a tangled web 

Christ 

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

No

3 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Nope.  He wouldn’t have said that if a deal wasn’t already in place. Takes away all their leverage if they are holding out for more. It’s a done deal. Waiting on Rodgers. 

Well that's the point isn't it?  What is GB's leverage here?  They want Rodgers gone and he's happy to oblige.  Unless you can explain differently,  the only leverage GB has is a second interested team and no one is showing up so far.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea, that's fine if you are only going to draft players and don't want to resign or bring in FAs.

Players are people, outside of drafting them, they have a decision on where they go. Our high taxes and media are already a struggle for us to get players, being a laughing stock in addition to that is not helpful.

C’mon. Lawson. CJ. Davis. Tomlinson. Reed.  

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

Actually I see it the other way around. Jets were never choosing Carr. 

They'd obviously rather have Jimmy G for 2 years than Carr for 4.  Thank God! 

I think it's probably both. Zach was always going to be the potential focus behind the scenes. It's also the reason I think Stafford for 2 years could be on the table.

8 minutes ago, football guy said:

Personally, I think Rodgers absolutely knows what he’s going to do and has known. I think he just doesn’t care to do anything on anyone else’s timeline. For all we know he’s focused on the Player’s Championship and is just taking his sweet time, then accepts, and when reporters ask him he’ll be like “they told me I had until the 12th so I answered on the 12th” lol

If anything, I sense angst among the Packers… Mark Murphy sounds less then thrilled. I’ve only had one contact inside the building answer me since this all went down and they said everyone is focused and operating as if he’s coming just a few hours ago. It’s also the Jets so it’s entirely possible all of our personnel is delusional, but seriously I don’t know how our people are not sh*tting their pants over this 

Aaron "AR-12 Sauce, Sweet Time" Rodgers

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

Personally, I think Rodgers absolutely knows what he’s going to do and has known. I think he just doesn’t care to do anything on anyone else’s timeline. For all we know he’s focused on the Player’s Championship and is just taking his sweet time, then accepts, and when reporters ask him he’ll be like “they told me I had until the 12th so I answered on the 12th” lol

If anything, I sense angst among the Packers… Mark Murphy sounds less then thrilled. I’ve only had one contact inside the building answer me since this all went down and they said everyone is focused and operating as if he’s coming just a few hours ago. It’s also the Jets so it’s entirely possible all of our personnel is delusional, but seriously I don’t know how our people are not sh*tting their pants over this 

Murphy sounds less than thrilled because his worst case scenario is Rodgers announcing he doesn't want to retire and wants to return to GB. Puts Love on ice and ties his hands with no cap room.  I'm sure Douglas is measuring all this. 

8 minutes ago, football guy said:

The way you worded this is kind of confusing.  

Are you saying that Florham Park is operating like it’s a done deal?   Yet, AR is still silent?

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think it's probably both. Zach was always going to be the potential focus behind the scenes. It's also the reason I think Stafford for 2 years could be on the table.

I think the whole Carr waltz was a bit mischarcterized by Diana Roussini or whatever her name is.  I heard another report where Jets told Carr he could be a HOF player if he won a SB in NY

That's a lot different than just telling him they think he's a HOFer.  Her reports around this have been suspect at best. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't believe Carr was ever going to choose us, I think the media will spin it like we have egg on our face when I don't think we should

It’ll be your typical laughter at the Jets. What else is new. Throw in Hackett coming here and failing again to bring Rodgers. That’ll be the bulk of it too. 

• Upvote 1