Corey Davis

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Historically, the Jets med staff has been about as good as Rodney Dangerfield's doctor, Dr. Vinnie Boombatz.  But it got better when they brought in the original Dr. Bombay. 

Jets med staff reminds me of the Henny Youngman bit, "I have a wonderful doctor. He gave me 2 weeks to live. I couldn't pay the bill, so he gave me another 2 weeks."

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Who plays the slot?

Wilson, Davis and Lazard are all outside type WR's.  I truly hope the plan isn't to waste Wilson in the slot.

Hardman is not a solution IMO, anymore than Berrios was.  Mims, lol?

This unit could still use some real help, hopefully JD finds a way in this draft.

Wilson could certainly run the slot. Granted he is talented enough to be a true #1 outside receiver, we've seen some elite receivers operate out of the slot to great success. Guys like Deebo and JJefferson have benefited greatly from manufactured touches from the slot position, and GW is definitely shifty enough and good enough after the catch to fit that role. He shouldn't live in the slot for this offense but should definitely take a good portion of his snaps there. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Who plays the slot?

Wilson, Davis and Lazard are all outside type WR's.  I truly hope the plan isn't to waste Wilson in the slot.

Hardman is not a solution IMO, anymore than Berrios was.  Mims, lol?

This unit could still use some real help, hopefully JD finds a way in this draft.

nathan fillion castle GIF

Lazard played a high % at "Big" Slot. That's where ARod apparently likes him. GW can play from anywhere,  and Hardman is a solid slot. Shoot, Carter could be an effective slot. Worrying about slot? 

Really?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

nathan fillion castle GIF

Lazard played a high % at "Big" Slot. That's where ARod apparently likes him. GW can play from anywhere,  and Hardman is a solid slot. Shoot, Carter could be an effective slot. Worrying about slot? 

Really?

Guess not, given the replies in this thread :)

I can't be right about everything, you know.  

+Rep for my favorite gif.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Could do worse than Corey as a reserve receiver. I’d expect Rodgers will now start influencing some of these decisions.

Normally I would hate that thought, but right now I am all for it. Give Aaron a desk next to Douglas and let him do the heavy free agent lifting moving forward.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

9M for a WR3 / WR4 is irresponsible cap management 

They should deal him for a conditional 7th or just cut him

Need to free up space for draft picks and DT / FS reinforcements 

And a legit backup QB

This team once gave a nearly paralyzed Quincy Enunwana $9M a year contract. 

This is massive improvement. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

9M for a WR3 / WR4 is irresponsible cap management 

They should deal him for a conditional 7th or just cut him

Need to free up space for draft picks and DT / FS reinforcements 

And a legit backup QB

So get rid of one of Rodgers weapons so we can sign a better backup QB? Lol ok got it 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

So it would seem.

Sounds (reading this) that everyone will play slot, and everyone will play outside.

Sounds alot like the MLF "everyone needs to know every position" thing, but maybe Hackett will run it better, and surely Rodgers will throw it better.

In a big boy offense with a QB that can run a scheme that engages in subterfuge, I get why receivers need to understand multiple roles to some basic level.

For the vanilla offense that Zach was (still not) capable of running, I thought it was stupid. Get your best players on the field in their best roles.

• Upvote 1