Done with this franchise

Facts

1 hour ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

With all the OT's gone at 15, everyone complaining about the pick what would should douglas have done then?  JSN was a luxury, not a need.  Lawson is on the last year of his contract and Huff is on a tender....this is how you build sustainable success.

Drafted a punter because we were a punt return covered from beating the Pats last year.

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I'd love to know the statistics of people who have said "I'm done with this team" and then went on to continously watch that team. Gotta be like 99.9%

There's nothing wrong with rooting for an ugly team or having an ugly wife if you still love them.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

You just traded a haul away for a one year run with a 40 year old QB.   This isn't the year to draft a situational pass rusher.  This reminds me of every other NY Jets GM that has no plan and just runs around making moves with no real understanding or vision.

For the first time I've come to the conclusion that Joe isn't the answer.  I just thought he was better than this.

A haul.  

That’s all 

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You just traded a haul away for a one year run with a 40 year old QB.   This isn't the year to draft a situational pass rusher.  This reminds me of every other NY Jets GM that has no plan and just runs around making moves with no real understanding or vision.

For the first time I've come to the conclusion that Joe isn't the answer.  I just thought he was better than this.

Rodgers is playing 2 years unless he loses a limb. All the money got pushed forward read the tea leaves bro.

The pass rusher looks good and Lawsons on his way out ... cheap good pass rushers still on their rookie contract 2 years from now in JJ and Mcdonald looks good... kinda like vision.

Your hyperbolic melodramatic hysterics are making me look like an optimist... very off brand. Stop it.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Rodgers is playing 2 years unless he loses a limb. All the money go pushed forward read the tea leaves bro.

The pass rusher looks good and Lawsons on his way out ... cheap good pass rushers still on their rookie contract 2 years from now in JJ and Mcdonald looks good... kinda like vision.

Your hyperbolic melodramatic hysterics are making me look like an optimist... very off brand. Stop it.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Rodgers may very well play 2 years - but he's already aging.  This is the year to really make a run.  

Joe Douglas is lost.  That is clear to me now.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

It's hard to have a plan when the owner forces a trade for a 40 year old QB when a decent one walked right through the door, only costing money and no draft picks. 

Then Pittsburgh jumps one slot ahead of us and takes our guy. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Rodgers may very well play 2 years - but he's already aging.  This is the year to really make a run.  

This is a weak draft. I have been saying this for a while. 2 running backs were taken in the first round before a songle WR was taken. Last season Hall was the first off the board in the second. That is becaise there was a slew of talent in the first round, especially at WR. I mean how long did it take for that WR with the 3 names take to get selected. Last year London was taken 8th, this year the first WR was taken 20th. Does that tell you anything? Let's just hope our guy works out. I would be willing to bet nobody outside of the top 10 is doing cartwheels  over their picks. 

37 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The End Is Nigh Corona GIF by INTO ACT!ON

Lol watching you not enjoy a good year of Jets football is going to be a blast this year.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes because he buried your boy on the depth chart

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This is a weak draft. I have been saying this for a while. 2 running backs were taken in the first round before a songle WR was taken. Last season Hall was the first off the board in the second. That is becaise there was a slew of talent in the first round, especially at WR. I mean how long did it take for that WR with the 3 names take to get selected. Last year London was taken 8th, this year the first WR was taken 20th. Does that tell you anything? Let's just hope our guy works out. I would be willing to bet nobody outside of the top 10 is doing cartwheels  over their picks. 

I think this is very fair.  My concern isn't necessarily the player but the type of player and the timing.

You made this move for Rodgers - and, as you stated, this is a weak draft class - then it's probably okay to reach for a position that can help win while you have Rodgers. 

Aside from CB this was probably the last need on this team.  An undersized, edge rusher in a heavy rotational defense that can barely get last year's first round edge on the field - along with another undersized, yet exceptional pass rusher in Huff that plays 20% of the snaps.  It's just entirely illogical. 

Help Rodgers and the offense.  

Taking this guy really made no sense.  That's what I'm talking about when I say Douglas is lost - it's like he doesn't have a plan, this is the way Mac used to run this team.   

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think this is very fair.  My concern isn't necessarily the player but the type of player and the timing.

You made this move for Rodgers - and, as you stated, this is a weak draft class - then it's probably okay to reach for a position that can help win while you have Rodgers. 

Aside from CB this was probably the last need on this team.  An undersized, edge rusher in a heavy rotational defense that can barely get last year's first round edge on the field - along with another undersized exceptional small pass rusher in Huff that plays 20% of the snaps.  It's just entirely illogical. 

Help Rodgers and the offense.  

Taking this guy really made no sense.  That's what I'm talking about when I say Douglas is lost - it's like he doesn't have a plan, this is the way Mac used to run this team.   

What’s the difference if they went OL in round 1 and edge in round 2, or edge in round 1 and OL in round 2?