Where each of the Jets' draft picks ranked on pre-draft big boards

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No.  JD has put a SB team together that needed a QB.  This isn’t a team of nothing that is picked as a SB team because of AR8.  If this roster sucked AR wouldn’t be a Jet.  

You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

But no Rodgers, and no one is calling us a Super Bowl contender in 2023.  

Put Zach Wilson back behind center, and see what they call us then, lol...

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

We know about as much what JD's colleagues think, as what JD thinks (as it pertains to where their actual draft pick ranks in comparison to "experts". Which is very little. That is my point. 

Which is why I evaluate guys on what they do.  Not what people think they think, or their "potential" if we're talking players, given that claim of potential is also just a similar kind of talk.

Results talk, bullsh*t walks.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

And Rodgers wouldn’t be on the Jets without Garrett Wilson, Breece, Sauce, Quinnen, the rest of the defense, etc.

Probably not, but I don't know that.  As noted above, I'm not in a position to hypothesize what Rodgers thinks.  What he did is what matters.

2 hours ago, slats said:

I’m rather confident that whatever the situation we’ll be talking about it when December rolls around but, barring a breakthrough in time travel, I’ll have to keep my comments to the present that I’m stuck in. 

Point is, being a media darling "contender" in May is about as relevant or meaningful as our GM "over-drafting" guys vs. those very same media darlings draftee evaluations.

But you knew that already, lol.

• Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

But no Rodgers, and no one is calling us a Super Bowl contender in 2023.  

Put Zach Wilson back behind center, and see what they call us then, lol...

A lot of people have said this was a SB roster with a QB before we acquired Rodgers.  Which is what I said, not that without Rodgers they’re a SB team.  Very different than they’re a SB team without the QB.  
I think you misunderstood the post

• Upvote 2

On 5/27/2023 at 3:10 PM, T0mShane said:

I think people would stop worrying about consensus boards if they knew, heard, or saw most of the people involved in putting together media-based draft boards that factor into that consensus. There are legitimately four or five dudes who are connected and seem to know what they’re talking about, and then there are another 100 dudes doing rehash cosplay of those four or five guys.

Next year, @Maxman should seriously invest in putting together a crack team of JN bros to put together a “top 100” draft prospects and cook up a stupid mock draft every week, which they stridently, authoritatively go over on the JN pod just to see how easy it is to gain traction in the NFL draft space. A hedge fund would buy this place within a month’s time

It's funny you say this because today I worked out a blueprint for some tech options that make this possible.

A bit off topic but really soon we are going to have a depth chart selection option. Basically you see the Jets roster and can pick the depth chart. Working on saving them in a database so we can run a contest for it.

Along those lines I hope to be able to preserve mock drafts the same way. There is more work for that but it is very possible.

And to your point, yes, the knowledge level here is impressive. I am all for the hedge fund thing lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Our 6th round was pretty underwhelming

Agreed. There was a lot of “known” talent available, especially at DT, OL and even FS. I hope I’m wrong but I’m not understanding the picks. RAS is the only thing with Barnes. 
2 dart throws in the 6th

Will McDonald seems like a good guy, but I think history will show that he was a gross over-reach draft pick.  The Jets loaded up on their deepest position, and reached on an undersized player to do it, while ignoring OT and DT, among other positions.   If anything it should have allowed them to move on from Carl Lawson.  

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 2

21 minutes ago, varjet said:

….. but I think history will show that he was a gross over-reach draft pick.

I think this post will show that you grossly exaggerated the gross overreach on a consensus 1st round player. 

A gross overreach would be a 3rd-4th round talent taken in the top 15. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/27/2023 at 12:51 PM, Beerfish said:

I'm not rankled at the positional ranking of will mcdonald I am rankled at who else we passed up who was there for us and the position and prospective usage of the player.  That is what rankled me.  I liked the Tippman pick. 

Rrrrrrrrright

45 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Rrrrrrrrright

You win with offense, we are still musing about getting another WR, we have no real TE threats.  The very best TE and WRs were still on the board.

The Jets Drafted two dline the year before, one they traded up into the first round to get and were having a tough time getting each of them enough snaps due to the massive rotation of players on dline.

We had a pure situational rusher in Huff who gets very few snaps whom we retianed.

This draft was deep at fast edge rushers who are perfect for rotation and who were being picked in mid rounds.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You win with offense, we are still musing about getting another WR, we have no real TE threats.  The very best TE and WRs were still on the board.

The Jets Drafted two dline the year before, one they traded up into the first round to get and were having a tough time getting each of them enough snaps due to the massive rotation of players on dline.

We had a pure situational rusher in Huff who gets very few snaps whom we retianed.

This draft was deep at fast edge rushers who are perfect for rotation and who were being picked in mid rounds.

The reach for McDuck was caused by JD screwing up the Rodgers trade.  If he was going to surrender the 2024 #1 pick, then he should never have traded back from 13 to 15. It ended up costing us a blue chip tackle.  JD thought one of the tackles would be there. He got totally screwed by the Pats, The Packers and the Steelers and its his fault.  I was totally against giving up tour 2024 #1. He was bidding against himself. No one else was in on trading for Rodgers. The Pack would have eventually succumbed to a reasonable trade.  Instead, JD got played and compounded the situation by going from 13 to 15.  And makes it worse by taking yet another edge, at 15, that wasn't needed so high as you stated.  I, myself, wasn't open to taking a WR/TE at 15, but that drastically changed when the top tackles went off the board.  In fact, I would have just taken BPA at that point and that would have been CB Gonzalez. Imagine Sauce and Gonzalez  over the next 10-12 years at CB.  

4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

In fact, I would have just taken BPA at that point and that would have been CB Gonzalez. Imagine Sauce and Gonzalez  over the next 10-12 years at CB.  

No way they’d be together 10-12 years. With Sauce being DROTY & 1st Team AP His contract will be record setting in a few more years. QW will be top of the DT market only behind AD.

Lawson & Huff gone after this year (ml) JJ and McDonald will be competing for the big Edge contract in a few years. Tough to have two top of the market contracts at any position these days unless you have a FQB on a rookie deal.

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

No way they’d be together 10-12 years. With Sauce being DROTY & 1st Team AP His contract will be record setting in a few more years. QW will be top of the DT market only behind AD.

Lawson & Huff gone after this year (ml) JJ and McDonald will be competing for the big Edge contract in a few years. Tough to have two top of the market contracts at any position these days unless you have a FQB on a rookie deal.

If Gonzalez was taken - at 15 - he wouldn't have cost nearly as much.  Kid is gonna be a star.

9 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

If Gonzalez was taken - at 15 - he wouldn't have cost nearly as much.  Kid is gonna be a star.

I’m not talking about rookie contract, but to your point he & Sauce would both be getting 2nd and maybe even a 3rd contract. Not happening. 

21 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed. There was a lot of “known” talent available, especially at DT, OL and even FS. I hope I’m wrong but I’m not understanding the picks. RAS is the only thing with Barnes. 
2 dart throws in the 6th

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2023 at 3:10 PM, T0mShane said:

I think people would stop worrying about consensus boards if they knew, heard, or saw most of the people involved in putting together media-based draft boards that factor into that consensus. There are legitimately four or five dudes who are connected and seem to know what they’re talking about, and then there are another 100 dudes doing rehash cosplay of those four or five guys.

Next year, @Maxman should seriously invest in putting together a crack team of JN bros to put together a “top 100” draft prospects and cook up a stupid mock draft every week, which they stridently, authoritatively go over on the JN pod just to see how easy it is to gain traction in the NFL draft space. A hedge fund would buy this place within a month’s time

Why people think a football team’s scouts ranking of players should look like these talking heads mock drafts is beyond me. Can you imagine if teams relied on these clowns? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 5/29/2023 at 3:12 PM, Maynard13 said:

The reach for McDuck was caused by JD screwing up the Rodgers trade.  If he was going to surrender the 2024 #1 pick, then he should never have traded back from 13 to 15. It ended up costing us a blue chip tackle.  JD thought one of the tackles would be there. He got totally screwed by the Pats, The Packers and the Steelers and its his fault.  I was totally against giving up tour 2024 #1. He was bidding against himself. No one else was in on trading for Rodgers. The Pack would have eventually succumbed to a reasonable trade.  Instead, JD got played and compounded the situation by going from 13 to 15.  And makes it worse by taking yet another edge, at 15, that wasn't needed so high as you stated.  I, myself, wasn't open to taking a WR/TE at 15, but that drastically changed when the top tackles went off the board.  In fact, I would have just taken BPA at that point and that would have been CB Gonzalez. Imagine Sauce and Gonzalez  over the next 10-12 years at CB.  

You need to watch the Jets youtube channel.  JD predicted someone would trade with NE and get the tackle.  He even predicted it would be Pittsburgh.  It was pretty impressive.

On 5/29/2023 at 2:48 AM, Greenseed4 said:

Our 6th round was pretty underwhelming

Lets be real..  the chance of drafting a great player in the 6th round is pretty low. 

Douglas has actually done pretty well in the late rounds with his approach.  Im giving him the benefit of the doubt.

• Sympathy 1