Jets signing Dalvin Cook? 6/9 Update Cook Released

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Give me Elliott or Hunt for a cheaper price. Although I wouldn't be mad if we signed Cook for under 6-7mill

Elliott is done.  Even jerry was forced to admit it and cut him.  It was comical last season watching tony pollard go nuts and then he had to be subbed out with Elliott in the red zone because jerry had to justify giving him a ridiculous extension 

Hunt is definitely worth a look at a fraction of the price of Cook

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Elliott is done.  Even jerry was forced to admit it and cut him.  It was comical last season watching tony pollard go nuts and then he had to be subbed out with Elliott in the red zone because jerry had to justify giving him a ridiculous extension 

He'd be cheaper and not a lead back. And the guy did have nearly 900yds and 12 tds last year. Also over the last 2 years (540 touches, he's had 1 fumble. Cook is one of the worst fumblers in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He'd be cheaper and not a lead back. And the guy did have nearly 900yds and 12 tds last year. Also over the last 2 years (540 touches, he's had 1 fumble. Cook is one of the worst fumblers in the NFL.

I had pollard in fantasy last year so I watched a lot of Dallas cowboys.  Elliott looked slow.  He doesn’t hit the hole hard.  He’d be a very expensive goal line back

Elliot had 3.8 ypc.  Pollard 5.2 ypc.  Same O-line.  I am hoping the patriots sign him

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I had pollard in fantasy last year so I watched a lot of Dallas cowboys.  Elliott looked slow.  He doesn’t hit the hole hard.  He’d be a very expensive goal line back

He's not expensive at this stage. He'd likely cost 4mill or so. Cut Ashtyn Davis and add Elliott if you're worried about cap. Almost an even swap money wise.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He's not expensive at this stage. He'd likely cost 4mill or so. Cut Ashtyn Davis and add Elliott if you're worried about cap. Almost an even swap money wise.

Is Elliot better than Zonovan Knight at this stage of his career? 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

RB is a young mans game. This guy is totally washed up. Hard pass at any price. I'd rather see a 22 year old UDFA get the rock.

For me Carter and Knight didn't impress me. You can get one of those guys every draft mid to late in a draft or as an UDFA (Travis Dye is pretty good too FYI). But that knowledge of a vet in crucial points in a game for a winning team is big. You trusting Bam or Carter to pick up a blitz in an AFCG against KC? Or to pound the ball in from the 2 yard line with 2 seconds left? For me I'm totally ok with adding a vet to replace one of Knight or Carter

11 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

A lot of Twitter smoke blowing that this could be a thing soon. Let’s make it happen JD

Say no to old men on the Jets.  It's enough to have a 40 year old QB.  A 28 year old RB and a 31 year old receiver too?  Nope. How's the old man stuff working out for the Mets?  Sports are a young man's world.  These two guys are on the market because they are old and declining.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There is absolutely no reason to be rushing to sign a RB on June 21st.

Nearly 1,200 players will be coming loose from rosters on Aug 29.  Why lock yourself in to a RB no one else wants at the moment before seeing what backs of interest will come free?

Especially when all indications are that Hall will be ready for camp and game 1.  Let's save room to pay Rodgers and fill in for any injuries in camp.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think Cook makes much sense but I'd love to land Hopkins.

Kinda where I’m at 

don’t see cook as a big need and would rather give more carries to Izzy

Having said that, I’d be excited to watch cook and hall in the same backfield. 

I got the strong sense from Saleh the Jets are not interested in Hopkins, but maybe that’s wrong or could change 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CSNY said:

I really wish Woody would stfu and just sign the checks 

I sort of like it when woody talks. He’s a very boring owner otherwise. I like the owners who talk sh*t. 

also he seems to talk a lot less than some of the crazier owners 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think Cook makes much sense but I'd love to land Hopkins.

I don’t think Hopkins makes any sense at all.  He always seems to bring losing along with him, and he is severely declining. Cook on the other hand has been in 4 straight pro bowls including 1400 yards from scrimmage and 10 TDS last year and fills a role that we don’t have.  A top RB who is healthy from the beginning of the season. Rodgers needs a top flight RB. Breece Hall cannot expected to be full strength from the beginning of the year and the guys behind them are just not good. Izzy is not even close to being an NFL running back on a winning team. He will hardly see the field this year, other than special teams. 

Cook on an incentivized 1 year contract.  No Hopkins, thank you.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I sort of like it when woody talks. He’s a very boring owner otherwise. I like the owners who talk sh*t. 

also he seems to talk a lot less than some of the crazier owners 

Talking crap is one thing but telling the league of your personnel decisions is another. 
I’ll never get over the fact on draft day telling the league that the Jets are drafting Sauce Gardner

By following these guys to me is the same thing. Just let it play itself out 

• Sympathy 1