Jets signing Dalvin Cook? 6/9 Update Cook Released

Dalvin Cook was one of the worst running backs in the league getting yards when his offensive line blocked poorly.  Its a huge stat to show when running backs are washed.  he cannot create on his own anymore.
Less then 0% chance Joe D brings him in.

Why can you be like the rest of us and say “ man I hope JD doesn’t sign cook, he can’t create anymore without good O line blocking, probably because he’s washed”

4 hours ago, Wit said:

Why can you be like the rest of us and say “ man I hope JD doesn’t sign cook, he can’t create anymore without good O line blocking, probably because he’s washed”

That’s because he’s Joe W and everything has to be, like, soooo extra???

4 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Remember when signing Tomlinson was going to win us a Super Bowl?  That was fun

I mean you have a point, but at the same time, the Jets have only had four 11+ win seasons in franchise history, and LT was here for one of them.  He played an important role on that team given that Greene was a non-pass catching pure plodder who looked like a gunshot victim after every tackle.

And if Sanchez didn't suck as much as he did that likely would have been the winningest team in franchise history plus perhaps a SB champ.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean you have a point, but at the same time, the Jets have only had four 11+ win seasons in franchise history, and LT was here for one of them.  He played an important role on that team given that Greene was a non-pass catching pure plodder who looked like a gunshot victim after every tackle.

And if Sanchez didn't suck as much as he did that likely would have been the winningest team in franchise history plus perhaps a SB champ.

Backup qb is a way more pressing need than backup running back

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Is it though...

Breece Hall has played 1 season and missed 10 games.

Aaron Rodgers in the last 9 seasons has missed 9 games.

Yes it absolutely is. Last year all of us Jet fans saw that. The QB play last year was abysmal. With even just merely mediocre play from the QB position instead of what we witnessed, this team is in the playoffs last season so a competent backup quarterback to me is more important than a what could be considered a non essential addition. 

• Upvote 1

Here is another thing:  We spent all this money on Aaron Rodgers.  Let him throw the damn ball.  If Breece isnt ready for a few weeks(which I dont thin will be the case) rely on Aaron's arm until hes ready.

Having a player like rodgers should keep us out of having to sign an overpriced rb on the downside.

Let Rodgers cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Here is another thing:  We spent all this money on Aaron Rodgers.  Let him throw the damn ball.  If Breece isnt ready for a few weeks(which I dont thin will be the case) rely on Aaron's arm until hes ready.

Having a player like rodgers should keep us out of having to sign an overpriced rb on the downside.

Let Rodgers cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let Dalvin cook with the Jets!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, CSNY said:

Yes it absolutely is. Last year all of us Jet fans saw that. The QB play last year was abysmal. With even just merely mediocre play from the QB position instead of what we witnessed, this team is in the playoffs last season so a competent backup quarterback to me is more important than a what could be considered a non essential addition. 

That's because Wilson in 2 seasons has missed more games than AR has in the last 9.

You're completely taking out the FACT that Rodgers next to never misses games. Which is the biggest factor.

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

And if breece misses games we will be fine.  If Aaron Rodgers misses games the season is over

You're taking out the likelihood of the player getting injured though. Not going to debate that QB isn't WAY more valuable than RB. But AR rarely gets injured and misses games.

39 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

IMO that lay down in Pittsburgh was more on the D not showing up than Sanchez.

It was a nightmarish first half for both Sanchez and the defense. The defense gave up 17 points, including two long TD drives, highlighted by Mendenhall running all over them. And Sanchez put up only 3 points and gave Pitt 6 points via the fumble-6 right before half. Both turned It around in the second half (defense shut out Pitt and Sanchez put up 19 points), but it was too big of a hole to climb out of. 

Team loss

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That's because Wilson in 2 seasons has missed more games than AR has in the last 9.

You're completely taking out the FACT that Rodgers next to never misses games. Which is the biggest factor.

Not saying that Rodgers isn’t durable but if something were to happen to Rodgers and Wilson had to play for a couple of three games you can basically put those games down as losses.

Initially when Breece went down the Jets were still able to win games with the backfield they had despite Wilson before the o line go decimated by injuries then it didn’t matter if Earl Campbell was running the ball as the opposing defenses had absolutely no respect for the passing game Wilson was that bad 

59 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If Rodgers cant win games with Michael Carter and Bam Knight for a few weeks then hes not the guy we think he is.

What would be wrong with him winning games with Bam, Carter, and say, an Eno Benjamin or J.D. McKissic?

We don't need Cook but we could absolutely use another back.  Particularly a pass-catching back if you really want to let Rodgers cook.

28 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Not saying that Rodgers isn’t durable but if something were to happen to Rodgers and Wilson had to play for a couple of three games you can basically put those games down as losses.

Initially when Breece went down the Jets were still able to win games with the backfield they had despite Wilson before the o line go decimated by injuries then it didn’t matter if Earl Campbell was running the ball as the opposing defenses had absolutely no respect for the passing game Wilson was that bad 

Not at all a fan of Wilson, so not going to sit here and say he was good. But when Breece and AVT were healthy, we were 5-0 with Wilson at QB. So if Rodgers were to get injured and we had to start Wilson, it's not the end of the world. We could still very well be a playoff team. SB likely for sure not happening. But a healthy OL and weapons I think still would have Wilson as a decent W vs L QB with this defense.

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What would be wrong with him winning games with Bam, Carter, and say, an Eno Benjamin or J.D. McKissic?

We don't need Cook but we could absolutely use another back.  Particularly a pass-catching back if you really want to let Rodgers cook.

all depends if you want elite or scrap heap.  Cook and Hall Combo would turn this offense into nearly unstoppable with each being fresh. Both have no weaknesses and are very explosive  throw in Abanikanda with his 4.26 Speed and Bam with his hard running and you have a perfect backfield.  That being Said I would much rather get rid of Corey Davis use his cap savings and  that 11 million we are paying Cook to get a dynamic WR instead if one is available because I'm not a fan of Hopkins in any way..

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It was a nightmarish first half for both Sanchez and the defense. The defense gave up 17 points, including two long TD drives, highlighted by Mendenhall running all over them. And Sanchez put up only 3 points and gave Pitt 6 points via the fumble-6 right before half. Both turned It around in the second half (defense shut out Pitt and Sanchez put up 19 points), but it was too big of a hole to climb out of. 

Team loss

Just rewatched the Sanchez fumble on YouTube.  It was a blindside hit as he was throwing.  Corner blitz that confused the Jets OL.  Looks like D'Brick missed it...

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

all depends if you want elite or scrap heap.  Cook and Hall Combo would turn this offense into nearly unstoppable with each being fresh. Both have no weaknesses and are very explosive  throw in Abanikanda with his 4.26 Speed and Bam with his hard running and you have a perfect backfield.  That being Said I would much rather get rid of Corey Davis use his cap savings and  that 11 million we are paying Cook to get a dynamic WR instead if one is available because I'm not a fan of Hopkins in any way..

Lots of tread on those tires and he's a fumbler. 

16 minutes ago, Jethead said:

There is tread no doubt but the committee situation we run should help him but not for 11 mil which is the only reason I would balk at this deal ...5 to 7 mil all day long ..having him and Breece Fresh would be huge down the stretch and certainly in the playoffs

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

You're taking out the likelihood of the player getting injured though. Not going to debate that QB isn't WAY more valuable than RB. But AR rarely gets injured and misses games.

We must have a lot of young jets fans here who didn’t live through Vinny and Chad season ending injuries 

12 hours ago, Jethead said:

This organization and fans LOVE big name running backs past their prime.  Tomlinson, Leveon Bell

Bell was the “receiver” who was going to help Sam develop into a FQB.  You know because he catches out of the backfield so so much

17 hours ago, CSNY said:

Why? Zach sucked last year, but he was also 5-4 as a starter for this team. 

I don’t believe the Jets have much -if any- intention of doing anything at the backup QB spot. They gave up two high picks and over $100M on Rodgers with the intention of him being on the field. I suspect that in their minds the backup OL and WRs are far more important, and I agree. This team, if otherwise healthy, can tread water for a couple weeks if Rodgers can’t go; but if Rodgers were to have a season ending injury, it would be season ending for the Jets no matter who they signed to back him up. The right backups around him, though, could continue to push for a successful year if those starters got hurt. 

They’re concern is -and should be- the team around Rodgers, not the QB behind him. 

• Upvote 1