1JD & Hard Knocks

4 hours ago, PS17 said:

My biggest takeaway. He showed me something ripping into the o-line. I’ve always thought of Saleh as kind of soft so it was good to see him play bad cop and then have the line respond and play well. 

Rodgers oozes charisma and leadership, which we know. I sat there with a sh*t eating grin the whole episode. The little moment with Becton was priceless. “Let’s get lunch.“ f*ck yeah

Will McDonald is legit. Loved seeing the Carolina linemen already impressed and complimenting him. Also like the dude’s unique style and mindset. He just has a good energy about him.

Hard Knocks has mostly bored me in recent years. Obviously I’m biased because I’m geeking out with the Jets content but this feels like objectively great TV; a compelling team with personality. Really loving this.

Will McDonald has a great story and is a pure freak and I love watching him, that man fits that uniform so well, very hawt.   We can obviously see he's got some crazy pass rush moves but I think what impresses me the most is, I'm not sure I've seen a player disengage blocks and run for the ball carrier when the play isnt coming his way faster and w/ more urgency in my life.  The only player who comes to mind is the comparison I made last week, Javon Kearse, the Freak and they have some very similar attributes, though I think the Freak played w/ a little more weight.  Either way, what a special dude....him and JJ are going to be a handful for a long time.

And he was giving me some Dennis Rodman vibes in that piercing shop...., a clean, well mannered Rodman that is....

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Quickly becoming one of my favorite all time players.  He's just like a big lovable goofball who is an absolute beast, DPOY type caliber player.  The Panthers literally couldnt block him, at all, no matter which way he went, not sure if you know but he thinks he had like 10 sacks...hahaha....and then got 11.  Such a cutie pie. The Jets definitely have some characters on this team, for sure.

The revelation of this episode was seeing Q switch from lovable teddybear to intensely competitive, trash talking force of nature on the field.

We've never seen that side of him. He always seemed too "nice" to be as good as he is. Now we know he really has that edge. Loved it.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Has to be a little worrisome considering the OL immediately went out and put up their worst day of camp. The downside of the PVO life is that it’s hard to turn around and say “we’re going to be tough and mean now, in this specific area.” 

Nice to see a little bit of fire, rather than some inspirational rhetoric. Small baby step forward for leadership. Now see how they respond in total. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Has to be a little worrisome considering the OL immediately went out and put up their worst day of camp. The downside of the PVO life is that it’s hard to turn around and say “we’re going to be tough and mean now, in this specific area.” 

Clearly it's a concern or Saleh wouldnt have got in there ass but I'd be more "worried" if this was your starting 5 out there, getting beat, not getting it right, and week 1, was a a week out, etc.but it's not and clearly, they're still working things out a bit/waiting for the return of their LT.  Rodgers is having to explain how he wants the ball snapped to him as they rotate through getting different looks at Center...that in itself is something you have to think about in addition to what now after the ball is snapped.

The OL went out and had a very strong outing in the preseason game, put some really good tape on film, letting up 1 sack/1 QB hit and the first unit was especially strong run blocking.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

The revelation of this episode was seeing Q switch from lovable teddybear to intensely competitive, trash talking force of nature on the field.

We've never seen that side of him. He always seemed too "nice" to be as good as he is. Now we know he really has that edge. Loved it.

I loved it when he busted through on a would be sack and he's just screaming "I'm a ******* BEAST!!!!"  loved it

The best under-the-radar moment of episode 2 was AR telling Becton he wanted to meet with him for lunch during the week.  I get the sense that he sees the potential in Becton and is making him a special project of his.

I enjoyed the parts with IV a lot as well.

Plus it's crazy how much AR seems like he's the HC of the NYJ.  I think it's a good thing, btw.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Clearly it's a concern or Saleh wouldnt have got in there ass but I'd be more "worried" if this was your starting 5 out there, getting beat, not getting it right, and week 1, was a a week out, etc.but it's not and clearly, they're still working things out a bit/waiting for the return of their LT.  Rodgers is having to explain how he wants the ball snapped to him as they rotate through getting different looks at Center...that in itself is something you have to think about in addition to what now after the ball is snapped.

The OL went out and had a very strong outing in the preseason game, put some really good tape on film, letting up 1 sack/1 QB hit and the first unit was especially strong run blocking.  

They went back to basics and worked a short passing game getting the ball out quickly. They blocked that well (as they should). see if they go more drop back this week.

• Sympathy 1

They went back to basics and worked a short passing game getting the ball out quickly. They blocked that well (as they should). see if they go more drop back this week.
Was thinking the same thing. Have to be able to block for more than 2.5 seconds.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

True but Hackett said yesterday, they're rotating guys around a lot on the OL.  He wants them to be versatile and know assignments for multiple positions incase the season starts, injuries happens and they have to do some shifting.  He said "we are still trying to find our best 5", which tells me, they havent picked their starting 5 yet...which I guess you could look at as "concerning or worrisome" but also could explain some of the woes they're facing as they figure it out.

• Upvote 1

I think a surprise cut or two will wake guys up. Don't even need to say anything ... Guys will be like .. oh sh*t ... He's gone ? No need to break a guy down in public during a team meeting if he's getting cut. It's just ... '.. if you're not here ... It wasn't good enough '

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty sure they practiced on their own after that and more importantly he “suggested “ they run it in the game and the line responded.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Quickly becoming one of my favorite all time players.  He's just like a big lovable goofball who is an absolute beast, DPOY type caliber player.  The Panthers literally couldnt block him, at all, no matter which way he went, not sure if you know but he thinks he had like 10 sacks...hahaha....and then got 11.  Such a cutie pie. The Jets definitely have some characters on this team, for sure.

The thing about Carter too w/ this whole Cook issue and who is the odd man out...it's almost like he's a glue guy on the team.  He just seems to be a favorite in the building.  When he takes them out, his line is "family".  For a team that is as big as they are on "vibes", I cant imagine them getting rid of Carter.  He's too much of a culture enhancer. 

I was discussing Carter with a few friends the other day after the Cook signing, and I used that same exact term to describe him….glue guy.  Teams need these types of guys.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Will McDonald has a great story and is a pure freak and I love watching him, that man fits that uniform so well, very hawt.   We can obviously see he's got some crazy pass rush moves but I think what impresses me the most is, I'm not sure I've seen a player disengage blocks and run for the ball carrier when the play isnt coming his way faster and w/ more urgency in my life.  The only player who comes to mind is the comparison I made last week, Javon Kearse, the Freak and they have some very similar attributes, though I think the Freak played w/ a little more weight.  Either way, what a special dude....him and JJ are going to be a handful for a long time.

And he was giving me some Dennis Rodman vibes in that piercing shop...., a clean, well mannered Rodman that is....

All true, well said.

What I might add is his super chill, honest off field personality "it made me cry", and his on field "don't want to be normal" mindset. He's aiming for pure greatness!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The best under-the-radar moment of episode 2 was AR telling Becton he wanted to meet with him for lunch during the week.  I get the sense that he sees the potential in Becton and is making him a special project of his.

I enjoyed the parts with IV a lot as well.

Plus it's crazy how much AR seems like he's the HC of the NYJ.  I think it's a good thing, btw.

It's going to be a big lunch for Rodgers.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Facts said:

The OL ripping was the first time i've been proud of Saleh in a long time.

You won't see Saleh ripping players on the sideline during games..He has said countless times that isn't his style. Behind the scenes is another story....

• Upvote 2