Guess some of you need to hear this: Zach Wilson (and his $23 mil 5th yr option) has no Future in NY

Paradis

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Seriously? Some of you need to be walked through this?… Forget his dumpster fire play on the field, lack of development and anticipation — Aaron committing to at least 2024 officially (and thankfully for Christ sakes) ends any speculation. 

we’re not picking up Zach’s 5 year option. 

we’re not gonna double done on him with an extension 

we’re not going to forego drafting a QB in 2025 or signing a veteran because “let’s run it back with Zach”

it’s over. Done. He’ll be cut or traded long before he ever gets named QB1 again here. 

Depends what AR feeds him.

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Well, he might get signed but it will be backup money. 

Not here.
Probably some desperate albatross contract offered by a dying regime in LV, or WSH — in hopes of what a 3 year remodeling might look like, but he’ll be a FA at worst in going into 2025 and we will most certainly NOT be offering him the best deal 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Patrick Schwarzenegger Cowboy GIF by IMDb

Emotionally for some I guess. 

OK, you’re the GM. You have to decide next year on whether to pick up a bloated 5th yr option at aprox $23 Million , 3 years removed for a disastrous season, hoping he’ll be your #1 in 2025 IF Aaron retires. 

0/32 GMs say yes 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not really. We’re not picking up his option. I guarantee that. 100%

I'm not in the prediction world that you're evidently in...a lot can happen between now and then.  Many on here didn't think we would sign AR and on top of that, he would cost a ton of money and guess what...no one knows and I hate to say it (not really...lol), but neither do you...in he meantime, take a seat and enjoy the ride.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

You are stating things as fact while projecting them 2 years out. None of us know what happens by then.

But ok, here we go…

Assuming the jets want to have Wilson because they think he has a future here, it makes no sense for them to go their separate ways after his 4th year. No team in the league will give him a starting job, and the Jets (again assuming they want him) will not be able to bring anyone good in who knows the system and has been in it for multiple years. Conclusion? They work out a 1 year deal with probably an option year (while also eating the Rodgers dead money) to see how things go. We go from there.

Let me guess, your comeback is going to be that Wilson sucks. Ok, your opinion means nothing and neither does mine. The jets either like him or they dont this year, next year, or after that…but they will get it sorted out if they do.

Do you know what a 5th yr option looks like.  He’ll be a FA after 2024 with no reason to come back 

• Upvote 2
  • En Fuego 1
  • Haha 1

Who knows what the future holds. If he shows growth and promise these next 2 years I don’t think it’s crazy to think he signs a contract with us. He’ll be well groomed in this system and probably the best option to take over for Rodgers when the time comes. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Do you know what a 5th yr option looks like.  He’ll be a FA after 2024 with no reason to come back 

So he is going to leave a team which system he’s been in for 2 years under ARod, which is presumably looking for him to compete to start, with guys like GW, Hall and Sauce…to go to another (prob bad) team? Why?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

So he is going to leave a team which system he’s been in for 2 years under ARod, which is presumably looking for him to compete to start, with guys like GW, Hall and Sauce…to go to another (prob bad) team? Why?

Lol yes. 100000%.  Don’t even need to explain to why he’s not going to come back here and try to win the thunderdome over. 

• Thumb Down 2