New York Jets Enemies List News and Notes

T0mShane

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2023 at 10:51 AM, Lith said:

I have a couple of friends who are Packer fans.  They keep telling me they are rooting for the Jets this year.  Really want to see Aaron get his second Lombardi.  But I am not for a minute buying it.  When I am not around, they are probably burning their Rodgers jerseys.

Because that is exactly the way I am around Bears fans.

When you have a great franchise quarterback it’s a dreamy eyed bromance adventure every Sunday, so when they go elsewhere at the end of their career you root for their continued legacy boost.

Actually surprised this forum isn’t crawling with Packer/Rodger fans.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

When you have a great franchise quarterback it’s a dreamy eyed bromance adventure every Sunday, so when they go elsewhere at the end of their career you root for their continued legacy boost.

I guess I wouldn't know much about what that feels like.  And maybe there would be more Packer fans on the forum if offensive play #4 on the season had gone differently.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I can't thank you enough for this thread. Wish I thought of it. Been so long that we cared what other teams had going on.

Seriously, amazing idea. One stop shopping for news about other teams. Thank you.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2023 at 10:46 AM, T0mShane said:

Packers are #1. Patriots are nigh irrelevant.

The Packers barely know the Jets exist.  There is no there, there.

Same for Denver.

Same for Seattle.

The other three only care because we're in their division, but they all see us as patsy suckers.  

The Washington Generals of the NFL.

P.S. F'ing Necro-Threads :(

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2023 at 9:33 AM, T0mShane said:

Wanted to keep a thread for oppo research so as not to hijack game preview threads, etc. As I see it, there are several teams that exist in an openly hostile and/or antagonistic relationship to the Jets:

1. Packers

1a. Broncos

2. Bills

3. Dolphins

4. Patriots

5. Seahawks

It goes patsies, steelers, beli and brady
payton from denver, seahawks, dolphs, bills and then me

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2023 at 6:01 PM, WickedAwesome said:

There really haven't been many Packer fans commenting on this site at all this season.  I agree it's surprising.

Btw, where do you stand on BB?  Would you want him back or do you think it's time to move on?  As a Jet fan, I'm always amazed when Patriots and Steeler fans want to move on from their respective HC's.  There are plenty of terrible ones out there (as Jet fans have seen for years).

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Same for Denver.

Same for Seattle.

The other three only care because we're in their division, but they all see us as patsy suckers.  

Not since the Rodgers trade. 

I live in southern Wisconsin. We are definitely an enemy here. A lot of scorned lover emotions coming from GB fans towards Rodgers and the Jets. 

• Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Same for Denver.

Same for Seattle.

49 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It goes patsies, steelers, beli and brady
payton from denver, seahawks, dolphs, bills and then me

Sirs, those are *rivalries*. This thread is the Enemies list.

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2023 at 10:46 AM, Claymation said:

Dan Marino, Don Shula and AJ Duhe should be on the list. Jason Taylor would get an honorable mention. Possibly BB, just because he's a scumbag. But that would put him on the Scumbag List, forget BB then.

Woody Johnson should be at the top of the list.

On 9/9/2023 at 10:33 AM, T0mShane said:

Wanted to keep a thread for oppo research so as not to hijack game preview threads, etc. As I see it, there are several teams that exist in an openly hostile and/or antagonistic relationship to the Jets:

1. Packers

1a. Broncos

2. Bills

3. Dolphins

4. Patriots

5. Seahawks

You forgot football.

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Packers are 7-8 the Jets are 6-9

It's apparent Joe Douglas got bent over on the Rodgers trade and signing all the castoffs 

The Packers aren't the Jets enemy 

The Jets are the Jets enemy 

The Packers having a one game advantage on the Jets is good? 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

With a rebuilding young roster, yeah 

The Jets all in at 6-9 is an abomination 

The Rodgers complaint about the 2022 Packers was (allegedly) that they didn’t draft any receivers and Christian Watson was an injury prone bonehead. Fast forward to 2023 and the two best Packers receivers are rookies and the third best Packers receiver is Aaron Jones. 

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Rodgers complaint about the 2022 Packers was (allegedly) that they didn’t draft any receivers and Christian Watson was an injury prone bonehead. Fast forward to 2023 and the two best Packers receivers are rookies and the third best Packers receiver is Aaron Jones. 

Watch Rodgers 2022 film he was gunshy and inaccurate. 

Aaron rodgers will say anything in service of 1) keeping himself in the spotlight even though he's washed 2) blaming other people for what went wrong 

He really is a great mentor for Zach as neither one takes personal responsibility for their role in the actively unfolding disaster which is the Jets franchise