Jets Coaches Didn't Sleep

3 minutes ago, John Blaze said:

Yes, it was unsustainable. But they lost their qb 4 plays in and had to adjust. I'm not saying they're going to win a bunch of games. But I don't see how you can complain about the coaching job last night. Honestly, how many teams pull that off?

A really, really talented one?

But fine, credit where its due:  They did NOT fold up like they could have, which is indeed a coaching thing.  But that is where Saleh's value begins and ends:  He's a cheerleader.

And my point still stands that he did indeed go the cowardly route settling for the FG and it nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, I mean they all collectively lost their jobs last night. I get it.

After the way they came back and won ..you claim they lost their jobs ? 

Only thing that bothered me was we should have ran the ball down their throats from the beginning which would have helped with the Bills pass rush . I say that for not only the pass rush but because the Bills simply can not stop the run. Even when Zach came in and they stacked the box they still could not stop the run. Would have opened up play action and made things much much easier on Rodgers.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But fine, credit where its due:  They did NOT fold up like they could have, which is indeed a coaching thing.  But that is where Saleh's value begins and ends:  He's a cheerleader.

And my point still stands that he did indeed go the cowardly route settling for the FG and it nearly cost us the game.

Wait what ? Cowardly route ? The way Wilson was playing and the way the defense was playing made that the correct call 10 out of 10 times

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Wait what ? Cowardly route ? The way Wilson was playing and the way the defense was playing made that the correct call 10 out of 10 times

We wouldn't be saying that with an OT loss right now.  Not a chance.  Results-based analysis.  I get that Wilson is useless trash but you have to get a TD there or its a loss 9 out of 10 times.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Douglas failed drafting Zach.

Douglas has now failed trading a ton for Rodgers.

He's likely to finish 2023 deeply in the red for W-L during his tenure.

He's likely to have five seasons of no playoff appearances (0-5).

He's in year 5 of 6 this year.  No NFL GM enters as season as a lame duck.

So Woody will either extend him, or fire him, at the end of THIS season.

Say all you want about the roster being better, and it IS, I agree, but eventually the on-field results have to actually reflect that, and JD has utterly failed to address the most vital position on the field, QB.

Rodgers was his savior.  Now that that has failed in such a grotesque and amazing way, his only route to saving his ass is to win a ton this year.

Which is not good, because it incentives him selling even MORE assets for the future to try and salvage the W/L this year.

The decision to pursue AR was not by Douglas.  It was by Woody.

Jets have had Sonny Werblin, Leon Hess and WJ as owners.  Werblin--SB.  Hess was the stupidest owner in the history of the NFL--took the Jets out of Queens and hire Rich Kotite.  WJ is just below average in intelligence for an NFL owner.  But given the dismal quality of NFL ownership, its likely WJ signs his J&J dividend checks with a thumb print.

If you look at the actual transaction that Douglas negotiated, he did pretty well.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We wouldn't be saying that with an OT loss right now.  Not a chance.  Results-based analysis.  I get that Wilson is useless trash but you have to get a TD there or its a loss 9 out of 10 times.

So taking a 3 point lead with 1min 40sec left at home, with a really good defense gets you a loss 9 times out of 10? I'm sorry but I just don't agree  with that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, John Blaze said:

So taking a 3 point lead with 1min 40sec left at home, with a really good defense gets you a loss 9 times out of 10? I'm sorry but I just don't agree  with that. 

Against that team:  Yes.

Hell, the only reason we were in it to begin with at that point in the game was Josh Allen having maybe his worst game as a pro.  Also not sustainable.

• Sympathy 1
  • En Fuego 1

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

After the way they came back and won ..you claim they lost their jobs ? 

Only thing that bothered me was we should have ran the ball down their throats from the beginning which would have helped with the Bills pass rush . I say that for not only the pass rush but because the Bills simply can not stop the run. Even when Zach came in and they stacked the box they still could not stop the run. Would have opened up play action and made things much much easier on Rodgers.

In the grand scheme of things, yes.

They covered up their mess with Becton and Zach by ‘resetting’ behind Rodgers. What that effectively does is give them a 2-year window to go all-in, and not be held accountable for how things have gone prior to 2023.

Now, there is no window and no shield. I’m not saying they get fired after last night, don’t be so literal. I’m saying without Rodgers they lost their lifeline and they know it.

No one wanted to on their job security on Zach this year. I honestly believe they screwed themselves on the backup QB market still trying to protect themselves and optics around Zach. Bringing in Rodgers + a real backup = Zach is a bust. This scenario we’re looking at is short-sighted self preservation at its finest.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, John Blaze said:

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hell, the only reason we were in it to begin with at that point in the game was Josh Allen having maybe his worst game as a pro.  Also not sustainable.

I like how our fans are glossing over how quickly they tied it right back up. If not for Gipson, we don’t score in OT. We got really unlucky to start the game, and moderately lucky to end it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You keep talking about sustainability.

They were just trying to get out of there with a win.

Based on how the game was going,  what was more probable:

Zach Wilson getting the ball in the end zone or the Jets D keeping the Bills out of the end zone?

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think it's way less than 9 out of 10, but I completely agree that you have to let Wilson throw a fade to Garrett Wilson there. You can't run it three times and then give the ball back to Josh Allen. 

Wilson was 14-21 last night and had one really bad pick. He didn't ruin the game for his team like Allen did. They should have let him throw a fade to Wilson or even Lazard. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

playing for the FG and leaving almost 2 minutes for the bills to drive down the field and get in FG position (if not scoring a TD), and not taking advantage of garrett wilson being on an island against a rookie DB was not playing to win the game.  it was playing for a FG.

i give saleh and the coaches credit for keeping the team together after the devastating loss of rodgers.  they came out of the lockerroom for the 2nd half and the defense dominated and the offense did just enough to not lose the game.  so credit where credit is due.  but more times than not, playing for the FG results in a loss

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And my point still stands that he did indeed go the cowardly route settling for the FG and it nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

You of all people should understand why he went for the FG and hoped his defense which hadn't allowed a 2nd half point would hold the lead. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

They covered up their mess with Becton and Zach by ‘resetting’ behind Rodgers. What that effectively does is give them a 2-year window to go all-in, and not be held accountable for how things have gone prior to 2023.

Now, there is no window and no shield. I’m not saying they get fired after last night, don’t be so literal. I’m saying without Rodgers they lost their lifeline and they know it.

No one wanted to on their job security on Zach this year. I honestly believe they screwed themselves on the backup QB market still trying to protect themselves and optics around Zach. Bringing in Rodgers + a real backup = Zach is a bust. This scenario we’re looking at is short-sighted self preservation at its finest.

I didn't mean to imply you meant last night you should know that, but no way Woody fires anyone after this season ...he knows exactly what Wilson is and he knows this team once again got bit by a freak injury. 

Now if the Jets do not make an attempt at bringing in a QB like a Wentz or a Foles or whomever you want to fill in the blank with that could be in some way shape or form competent and then try to prop up Zach in our faces every week about him "getting better" or "learning" then maybe their jobs will be in question. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I like how our fans are glossing over how quickly they tied it right back up. If not for Gipson, we don’t score in OT. We got really unlucky to start the game, and moderately lucky to end it.

So if we go for it on 4th down and don't get it, the game doesn't go to overtime. 

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Last year in Met Life he's QBR was 46.8.  Last night it was 62.7.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

It is the time to stand together as fans, but in the first half, the entire coaching staff looked like they had no idea on what to do. They need to do better, regardless of what happens with the rest of whatever season we have now. 

What are you talking about? We won. They had plenty of "clue". 

5 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

playing for the FG and leaving almost 2 minutes for the bills to drive down the field and get in FG position (if not scoring a TD), and not taking advantage of garrett wilson being on an island against a rookie DB was not playing to win the game.  it was playing for a FG.

i give saleh and the coaches credit for keeping the team together after the devastating loss of rodgers.  they came out of the lockerroom for the 2nd half and the defense dominated and the offense did just enough to not lose the game.  so credit where credit is due.  but more times than not, playing for the FG results in a loss

Zach Wilson ..... if it was Rodgers in the same situation I could see going for the TD with Wilson you had to go for the lead ...we've seen 2 years of Zach failing in just about every situation and you guys wanted to put the game on  the line with him at QB? If we don't make that field goal and attempt to run down the clock and the Bills Time Outs Zach does not get us in the endzone and we would be talking today about a 16 to 13 loss. The running out of the clock and taking the field goal was the correct call and its why we won .

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I lump them all together, JD hired Saleh, Saleh hired MLF, MLF wanted ZW, JD picked him. They are all tied at the hip and cannot be disaggregated.

I don't hate JD but when you want to draft a QB with the number 2 overall pick, you damn well better make sure you have a staff in who can help identify what they want and develop him. JD did not do this, in fact, they did the opposite, they hired a DC who hired a completely inexexperienced OC with zero experience developing or selecting a QB.

There is a reason we are the jets, we do stupid sh*t and never learn from it

Let's not go nuts here.  The 49ers are winning with Brock Freakin' Purdy and are about to launch Trey Lance out of the solar system.  Drafting a QB is a crap shoot.  There is no magic GM that can just pick them all the time...

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And the Jets defense had nothing to do with that right ? Allen played bad because we hammered his ass. 

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Let's not go nuts here.  The 49ers are winning with Brock Freakin' Purdy and are about to launch Trey Lance out of the solar system.  Drafting a QB is a crap shoot.  There is no magic GM that can just pick them all the time...

You do realize how good Brock Purdy is right ? The guy is yet to have a bad game and has total control of that offense. 

You people really need to start watching games other than the Jets games

• En Fuego 1

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

NFL coaches get hired and fired based on results.  Results are based on wins and losses.   They didn't have to go for a TD there.  The Jets D was playing great, Allen was confussed.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You do realize how good Brock Purdy is right ? The guy is yet to have a bad game and has total control of that offense. 

You people really need to start watching games other than the Jets games

The issue isn't Brock Purdy's game.  Telling me the 49ers GM scouted him and just waited to pounce on him at pick #262 is total horse s**t and you know it.   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

The issue isn't Brock Purdy's game.  Telling me the 49ers GM scouted him and just waited to pounce on him at pick #262 is total horse s**t and you know it.   

Oh hey they certainly got lucky with Purdy you just made it sound like he was crap the way you worded it.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

They couldn't afford to move on from ZW because of his contract coupled with AR's contract. They could have eaten another spot for a backup, but that has its own issues. The will be able to bring in another QB now when AR goes onto IR, but who is going to be any good.

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Spot on.  Parcell's wouldn't be sad that Rodgers was hurt.  Rodgers would be dead to him.  He would figure out how to win with the guys he had.

Fk Parcells and the horse he rode in on too.  Him being an ass and not drafting a FQB.....he is the one who is dead to me.  

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

He's a 40 year old single guy, estranged from his family and physically unable to do the one thing he has excelled at all his life.  

He was outstanding as host of Jeopardy.  If they had offered him the permanent job he wouldn't have come here.