NFL Films guru on ZW: We all know what we’ve seen on film isn’t very good.”

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

On 1JD tonight Zach actually says to GW right after, “That was a trash back shoulder throw, bro.”

LOL even Wilson knows his pass sucked yet the Zach die hards here will still swear on their lives it was good.

This is such a bad take.  If the pass was actual trash it would have been incomplete.  I know because I've seen a lot of Zach trash.  Zach was most likely trying to heap on more praise for a great catch.  AKA trying to be a good teammate.   The ball was caught, lighten up on the Zach sux hate.    

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

11 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I choose to remember you as the relentless optimist.

Are there studies showing that too much optimism is bad for ones mental health?  We may be in the cutting edge here boys.

Being an optimist is great.  But you also have to live in reality.  Zach is awful.  There is no debating that.

The optimism part comes in where maybe he will improve this week.  Only way to know is to tune in Sunday and find out.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Being an optimist is great.  But you also have to live in reality.  Zach is awful.  There is no debating that.

The optimism part comes in where maybe he will improve this week.  Only way to know is to tune in Sunday and find out.

Is this one of your patented emo takes, where you glom onto a random sentiment and beat it into the ground until it is proven otherwise?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The majority of jets fans still want to be vindicated for acting like we drafted Patrick Mahomes’s clone 2 years ago

• Thumb Down 2

Greg Cosell is 100% correct. 8/14, 160 yards, 1 TD 1 Int is still not lighting the world on fire. His coaches don't trust him. The next time he hits any receiver in stride on a go route or a deep cross will be a first. Jets got 4 turnovers and a game-winning special teams TD; that doesn't happen every week. His incompetence is gonna cost Garrett Wilson money over his career. We went from the hope of a serious passing attack with Rodgers to a return to the beggars breakfast with Wilson. 

And cannot say this enough; that running backward Madden thing is gonna bite him in the ass. Wilson sees a hint of a pass and panics.  It's something an NFL QB CANNOT DO. And it speaks to the fact for what ever Rodgers has done in trying to teach him things, doesn't appear to have taken,

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

did this goofball watch the film from week 1?

looking like another clown take like the Manning shills on MNF

So Mr. Facts knows more about NFL QBing than those shills,  Peyton Manning, Eli Manning and their guest of the evening, Ryan Fitzpatrick. Zach Wilson is good; they all have cooties. 8/14, 160 yards, 1 TD 1 INT IS GREAT! 4 turnovers and specials TD had nothing to do with it! 

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Greg Cosell is 100% correct. 8/14, 160 yards, 1 TD 1 Int is still not lighting the world on fire. His coaches don't trust him. The next time he hits any receiver in stride on a go route or a deep cross will be a first. Jets got 4 turnovers and a game-winning special teams TD; that doesn't happen every week. His incompetence is gonna cost Garrett Wilson money over his career. We went from the hope of a serious passing attack with Rodgers to a return to the beggars breakfast with Wilson. 

And cannot say this enough; that running backward Madden thing is gonna bite him in the ass. Wilson sees a hint of a pass and panics.  It's something an NFL CANNOT DO. And it speaks to the fact for what ever Rodgers has done in trying to teach him things, doesn't appear to have taken,

I get it.  He's not great, or even very good right now.

But 5:48 on this video puts the lie to this statement.  It's a 12-yard gain with the throw being about 20 yards from Wilson when he released it.  We can argue over whether that was a deep enough cross for you but it's a money throw for a 1st down.

He can make the perfect throw.  He did it a few times Monday night.  He just needs to do it more consistently.  We all know that.  But let's be at least a little objective in describing things.  This is a rough time on everyone so heaping hyperbole on top of things doesn't help.

image.png

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, rtnelson said:

I agree with the sentiment.  But it's his draft position that has made this whole category a meat grinder.  If Zach gets blown up and goes down play #5 and we had Boyle come in (I know he wasn't dressed) and play the exact game Zach did, he would rightfully be being praised by all for an all time gutsy performance in an impossible situation. For some it would be so clear that he is obviously better than Zach.

I don't know how this Zach thing will end, but however it does it's going to be one for the ages.

But Boyle commingled in and playing better than Zach hasn’t happened and we’re acting like he can?  Because had some success against 3rd and 4th stringers?  We didn’t learn how meaningless that can be with Streveler a year ago?

So to all those continuing to pile on Zach...Again and again...You do realize he is the Jets QB NOW!  There is a new Offensive coaching staff this season...Jets have a solid to very good team..They are 1-0...Why continue to bitch & moan about the past.  Look forward to Sunday.  My gawd. Some of you doom & gloom are so exhausting...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Once Aaron gets on the sideline and puts his headsets on to get in Zach’s ear. Zach will hear him. 

What's he gonna say? hey kid make sure to hold on to that ball for 4 seconds on a 3 step drop! 

I'm sure Zach Wilson knows how to be terrible all on his own 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach stinks.  Not sure why we have to keep talking about this.

Tune in Sunday and hope he improves.

There is nothing more to discuss.

I agree. We keep talking about it because he’s our starting QB and we otherwise have a good team. On top of that, I think it’s hard to argue that Zach doesn’t have talent. 
So the question is, which is what everyone keeps discussing, can Zach be good enough? Can his stench be covered up enough by Hackett, the oline and the playmakers around him for the Jets to win. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Hal said:

That guy.   Yeah whatever.  

People get your QB news from somewhere reputable - Hal on JN.com.  

1st Ballot HoF Jet legend.   Act surprised when it happens and don’t throw any water bottles in the mean time.  

Are you the BYU fan who became a Jet fan because ZW got drafted here?  It sucks that you got stuck with this godforsaken franchise to root for. We're a miserable bunch, as you can probably understand.  ZW seems like a good kid, even if he hasn't been a good QB (at least, so far).  Hopefully things don't turn completely toxic again this year for him like they did last year against Jax.

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

C'mon, take a bow. There are others here that take 10 victory laps for things they have only thought about briefly. Then changed their mind. 

The board put me on blast for the entire summer 

I deserve to gloat 

In fact I am calling out whoever made @Fidelio Bitonti

Was it you S? Who was it? I want an ip check on this harassment 

Whoever you are, kneel before my future prediction skills. Enjoy being wrong. Keep my name out of your mouth 

Jokes are fun and all but no one can hide from the truth 

No matter how much smoke we blow up each other's keisters there's real life and then there's pretend 

This idea that Aaron Rodgers would solve everything was pretend 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Cosell’s words and opinions verbatim.  Not mine.

He’s watched a lot more film than all of us combined.

He knows what he’s talking about.

Don’t kill the messenger.

He has watched more film, and so have others who also say that Wilson had a good game.

Just because someone's a professional doesn't mean they're necessarily right. I mean, Macc was technically a professional and to date he's only gotten one major pick right, and that was after years.

22 minutes ago, C Mart said:

So to all those continuing to pile on Zach...Again and again...You do realize he is the Jets QB NOW!  There is a new Offensive coaching staff this season...Jets have a solid to very good team..They are 1-0...Why continue to bitch & moan about the past.  Look forward to Sunday.  My gawd. Some of you doom & gloom are so exhausting...

It’s mainly the leaders of the Zach Sucks brigade, upping their post counts with the same drivel about Zach, taking glee in his struggles… meanwhile there is no savior, so let’s just hope he can manage a game at a time, with improvements good enough to keep the locker room together, getting to the playoffs… Who knows

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

140 yards and a pick is a good game now.

You're hurting your argument by not using the full stats, because it shows you are willing to just snip out information that hurts your point. He also had a 66% completion rate and a TD pass. Plus, you don't see anybody arguing Dak Prescott had a bad game against the Giants. Statistically he was worse than Wilson. 54% completion for 143 yards and 0/0. And that was against a much worse defense in the Giants.

Outside of statistics, the running game was going fairly well, and Wilson was a backup and the offensive gamestyle wasn't planned for him. He got put into a game where possibly the most energy had been sucked out of the crowd and the team in many, many years. He also was much more poised in the pocket and while he did make a couple mistakes, it's hardly a good argument that he played badly.

If he keeps putting stats up like that after the Jets have gameplanned for him, however, I will not view those as good games unless the D becomes incredibly elite and he gets such short fields that he never has to throw much. I doubt that will be the case and expectations in later games will be higher.

8 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

He threw several critical 3rd and long passes beyond 5 yards casual

i suggest you watch the games

nonsense.  you know as well as most others that the jets didn't even try and score a TD on that last drive.  i mean, i wasn't even a consideration.  it almost bit them in the ass as well

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

The possibility exists that there is a middle ground between "good" and "bad". Far flung concept, I know. 

I think we should design a system where every play is calculated on a small positive or negative scale based on the performance of that single play.  That way we can have an objective fact based argument that nobody could possibly disagree with.

We can call it Pro Football Point, PFP for short bc we can clearly point to each play objectively.

This will solve all our problems and we can live in harmony.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If you really can't figure it out, I think that is absolutely hilarious and speaks far more to your level of intelligence than my own.

Sincerely,

Sonny Werblin 

Genius and Scholar

If your intent is to convey information, which is indeed the point of communication in the first place, tell me how it is I that have failed.

50 minutes ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

nonsense.  you know as well as most others that the jets didn't even try and score a TD on that last drive.  i mean, i wasn't even a consideration.  it almost bit them in the ass as well

Beyond whatever upside Hackett can bring out of Wilson, the biggest coaching issue for 2023 is going to be Saleh and how far his nut sack recedes without Rodgers,,,

1 hour ago, Hex said:

You're hurting your argument by not using the full stats, because it shows you are willing to just snip out information that hurts your point. He also had a 66% completion rate and a TD pass. Plus, you don't see anybody arguing Dak Prescott had a bad game against the Giants. Statistically he was worse than Wilson. 54% completion for 143 yards and 0/0. And that was against a much worse defense in the Giants.

Outside of statistics, the running game was going fairly well, and Wilson was a backup and the offensive gamestyle wasn't planned for him. He got put into a game where possibly the most energy had been sucked out of the crowd and the team in many, many years. He also was much more poised in the pocket and while he did make a couple mistakes, it's hardly a good argument that he played badly.

If he keeps putting stats up like that after the Jets have gameplanned for him, however, I will not view those as good games unless the D becomes incredibly elite and he gets such short fields that he never has to throw much. I doubt that will be the case and expectations in later games will be higher.

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

140 yards and a pick is a good game now.

Not to pile on. And I agree with most everyone on this board that Zach is not very good. But Josh Allen's stats were not much better. And he lost the game. At least Zach won.  

70.7 completion %, 236yrds, 3 INTs, 1 TD, 62.7 rating, 1 lost fumble. Does that mean Allen is a 'bad' QB?? 

So yeah, throwing out a few stats and making a cohesive argument about how 'good' a player is...not smart