NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's their starting QB who was forced into action.  They're trying to encourage him because they know they need him.

If they drafted a CB in the top five who was the worst corner in football for two years and, in his third year, was forced into action and killing his team, they would simply cut that corner.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

You can make it whenever, I'm not dying on the Duane Brown train. I stand by that I was happy our best OL from last year was returning, that's as far as I'm going. He played like booty cheeks today

Hey man, sorry if I was giving you a hard time.  Nothing personal. I am actually a fan of your channel. I was/am just frustrated with the lack of reaction and in-game response of Saleh and staff on underperforming players.

• Upvote 2

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Even more reason to try and get something for him and move on rather than continue to be dragged down by sunk cost fallacy and ego….

The 9ers publicly admitted their error with Lance and got on with their lives…

The 49ers have Brock Purdy.  They also have Darnold.  Do the Jets have a better alternative than ZW right now?  Wentz?  Flacco?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

New England next week is a huge litmus test.

They’re kind of a sh*tter version of Dallas — dinking and dunking QB, good defense, etc. If we lose that one and Zach looks lost we can probably just call it a season and make better use of our time on Sundays.

New England looks terrible tonight against Miami. They’re going to be 0-2 with both losses at home. Tua and Hill look unstoppable.

15 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Just an all around fiasco.

I’d honestly feel better about the team if Zach just imploded and cost us the game but we were outplayed and outclassed across the board.

1) Defense was carved up like a block of cheese. Dak dinked and dunked, dominated TOP, Ceedee feasted, we couldn’t get off the field, despite some decent red-zone defense. Tackling was horrendous.

2) Offensive line was a sieve. They’re all just bad. Kind of insane how much we’ve invested in the OL resource wise to get this return.

3) Zach still stinks. Early on when he was in game manager mode he avoided the hideous play and ran it a little but as we fell behind and we asked him to do more it went south in a hurry. He’s just not good at any part of this.

The good news — I think the Cowboys are awesome and we won’t play many teams that are that bad of a matchup for us. Eagles will us, etc but there are still winnable games on the schedule.

Solid 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s hard to be successful running into overloaded fronts 

They ran for 172 yards last week against overloaded fronts. The coaching and game plan were ass. The only way they were going to win this game was keep it close and pound the rock. 10 touches between 3 RB's and only 4 for Hall is laughable. Ruckert is their best blocking TE and he didn't even play. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I get that these are nice gestures, but what are we doing here? The dude has pocketed $30 million dollars and has been one of the worst players at his position in the history of the sport. Why does the whole organization treat him like a charity case? They wouldn’t do this for any other bust player at another position. Christ.

Zach_Reassurance.jpg.14e5206ac9e196f653b88d8bab47451f.jpg

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Unfortunately, Becton has looked like crap too, just tending to get beat slightly less quickly against opposition's 2nd best rushers.  AVT hasn't even started off so hot, but there's at least reason to believe he'll be fine, and I agree with simply keeping him where he is, unless they feel he's better served moving back to his original LG position and have someone else capable of stepping in at RG.

Other than that though, it's a mess from top to bottom.  Pretty much the only hope is Tippmann can get his sh*t together ASAP, and that be the start of putting a variety of other players into positions where they might be slightly less terrible.

Yeah, I was gonna mention Becton looking not so hot today, but most of the line looked bad. It really sucks how bad Mitchell looked in preseason.

When Billy Turner is looking like the best natural option at OT, you know you f*cked up.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

They look terrible but Philly and Miami are likely top 5 teams.

Belichick has obliterated Zach four times. Can’t happen again.

Zach just doesn’t have it. Of course he’s getting shut down next week.

It’s going to be one of those 10-6, 13-10 snoozefests where it’s more about inept offenses than good defense.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, I was gonna mention Becton looking not so hot today, but most of the line looked bad. It really sucks how bad Mitchell looked in preseason.

When Billy Turner is looking like the best natural option at OT, you know you f*cked up.

Totally agree.  At this point I feel like you hope Tippmann deservedly earns the center job, you figure out which of AVT and McGovern at LG / RG works best for everyone, and then hope an improved performance on the interior makes the entire unit gel better, helping with some performance improvement from the OTs as they shake off their respective rust.  Not necessarily counting on that all working out, but seems like the only glimmer of hope, unless Mitchell or Turner can totally shock everyone from out of nowhere.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It would be a slap in the face to the roster around Zach to end up with a top 5 pick.  A f**king travesty they need to avoid at all costs.  

Your saying get. Qb to save the season? I mean sure. But we all knew when Rogers went.down it was going to get ugly.

Hello ugly. Also cowboys def is no joke. I wonder if Zach plays a lot better against an ave def. You say hom do better than the giants did.  

Me personally I just want them to at least game plan better

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Zach just doesn’t have it. Of course he’s getting shut down next week.

It’s going to be one of those 10-6, 13-10 snoozefests where it’s more about inept offenses than good defense.

To be fair those loses against the patriots they played like ass too. We just couldn't get a damn field goal.

Zach today beats those teams. 

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

To be fair those loses against the patriots they played like ass too. We just couldn't get a damn field goal.

Zach today doesn’t beat any Belichick team that has ever taken the field 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Totally agree.  At this point I feel like you hope Tippmann deservedly earns the center job, you figure out which of AVT and McGovern at LG / RG works best for everyone, and then hope an improved performance on the interior makes the entire unit gel better, helping with some performance improvement from the OTs as they shake off their respective rust.  Not necessarily counting on that all working out, but seems like the only glimmer of hope, unless Mitchell or Turner can totally shock everyone from out of nowhere.

I'm not the kinda guy to watch/notice formations and stuff, but I sure as sh*t hope they are running 2 TE sets a large chunk of the time. Maybe a smarter fan than I can point out how often they've been doing this.

16 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No he doesn’t. “Zach today” is still terrible. He doesn’t beat anyone. His team wins occasionally despite him.

Last week we won getting 4 turnovers and a punt return TD in overtime. How often does that happen?

That said, New England looks horrible. If we can’t beat them at home our season is going to be a debacle.

• Upvote 3