The OL line is as Bad as Predicted

Dunnie

The key to being a good GM is to know when to cut bait on a player-usually you get rid of the player slightly early than slightly or way late.  You can’t fight Father Time.  It catches up to everyone.

The Jets have some of the oldest players in the league on their roster-Brown and Rodgers, among two of them.  

We owned Duane Brown.  He should probably be a back up.   Becton is working his way back to LT. 

• Upvote 2

Becton actually had a damn good game I thought.  At least in the passing game.  I watched back all of Zach's snaps.  Dude got beat once(didn't result in a sack though, since Brown had already gotten beat worse lol).  There were 2 other plays where he looked like he was beat but recovered to ride the edge beyond Zach using their own momentum/speed.  Was actually pretty impressive.

I think before long he'll be the LT.  I'd like to hope that this is just a combo of extreme rust and an unlucky opponent for Brown, but he's been so bad to the point where I don't know if you can expect him to get back to the level he was at even just last year, injured.  The interesting thing will be to see what they do at RT if Becton slides over.  Do you give Mitchell or Turner a shot, or do you slide AVT out?  I'd be tempted to see what Mitchell can do first.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

In one of the other posts someone was arguing all the pressure from Dallas came from the edge and ZW was failing to step up in the pocket. A freaking 11.6 Pass Block grade from McGovern, we'd be better off with the Venus de Milo at Center . 

One of my favorite Parcells stories is when he was in high school he was struggling blocking and his coach said “Parcells, we’d be better off with a pile of dog sh*t than you, maybe someone would slip on the sh*t “ 😂

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

One of my favorite Parcells stories is when he was in high school he was struggling blocking and his coach said “Parcells, we’d be better off with a pile of dog sh*t than you, maybe someone would slip on the sh*t “ 😂

I was hopeful we would see something from ZW yesterday to at least give some hope.    Between AR's achiles, zach's shortcomings, and the sh*t OL this year reminds me of the '99 parcells year.   We've seen this movie, we are starting Rick Mirer at QB when we need Ray Lucas.   JD should sign the kid off the Ravens practice squad, throw out the entire Hackett offense, fire up the run game and some sandlot scrambling passes and try to keep things close for the D.   If parcells had made the move to lucas right away that '99 team had a chance.