Cimini: Locker room is grumbling about Wilson, team is close to imploding

T0mShane

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, the one miss to Wilson(?) running free toward the deep right sideline that would have been six was a killer. Overall, his accuracy was still ass and balls, but you’ll take it as long as he’s pushing the ball and giving his receivers chances to make plays. I was just goo-goo eyed over the OL playing well and we saw what Hackett’s vision for the offense is when the line blocks and the QB isn’t bailing. Lazard working deep from the slot and Garrett Wilson torturing dudes underneath. I know that shoe-gazing hater worms like @Beerfish and @Mogglez think this team sucks, but they’d be 3-1 easily if Rodgers was healthy, and I think they’d have been able to challenge the Cowboys. 

16, 10, 10, 18 -  that's your offensive scoring so far each game this season.

lmfao

Rodgers would at least have the Jets around 23/24 points a game and Lazard would be the darling sleeper pick up on every fantasy waiver.  I cant imagine how many receptions, yards and TD's he'd have w/ Rodgers playing.  I know that PFF or whatever track separation and stuff, I'd love to know Lazard's #'s because dude has been running wide open all season long. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, doitny said:

really good game. i hope they stick with whatever they were doing. i expect some people here today will bitch that we didnt run it enough but i dont care, do whatever it is we did last night.

They didn’t play scared for once. Played to win instead of playing not to lose. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao

Rodgers would at least have the Jets around 23/24 points a game and Lazard would be the darling sleeper pick up on every fantasy waiver.  I cant imagine how many receptions, yards and TD's he'd have w/ Rodgers playing.  I know that PFF or whatever track separation and stuff, I'd love to know Lazard's #'s because dude has been running wide open all season long. 

Zach will be the starting QB for the next 15 years.   Rodgers will never play for the Jets.   It’s over for Rodgers.   This is Zach’s team now.  

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I will be shocked if this wasn't a misconduct in accordance with the NFL's conduct and ethic policies. 

It's happened before, but refs are not allowed to ask for autographs.

Remember this, which the league covered up as well? https://www.marca.com/en/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/2022/10/25/635747ab22601d61508b4588.html?intcmp=MNOT23801&s_kw=3

Also that a real picture or was it photoshopped?

Plus just looking at the picture again now, even if it's real it wouldn't have been from last night. Chiefs were wearing red jerseys, not white.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, the one miss to Wilson(?) running free toward the deep right sideline that would have been six was a killer. Overall, his accuracy was still ass and balls, but you’ll take it as long as he’s pushing the ball and giving his receivers chances to make plays. I was just goo-goo eyed over the OL playing well and we saw what Hackett’s vision for the offense is when the line blocks and the QB isn’t bailing. Lazard working deep from the slot and Garrett Wilson torturing dudes underneath. I know that shoe-gazing hater worms like @Beerfish and @Mogglez think this team sucks, but they’d be 3-1 easily if Rodgers was healthy, and I think they’d have been able to challenge the Cowboys. 

I love 'would have been scenarios' makes me feel warm and cozy as a jets fan.

Part of the jets team sucks, part of of it doesn't, many parts to 'unsuck' have to put together a lot more games in a row.  I've said all along the jets will have a poor record to start this season and win games at the end.  And I am more of a crocs gazer.

Look if Zach plays well and is contrite like he was yesterday. You have to believe the players will gravitate towards him. Many of them did his rookie year he hung out with players went to Rangers games etc with Berrios etc.  It was his fault they lost the game but you can also blame others who dropped balls and picks and made mistakes. If the guy sucks and can't generate an offense while they bust their tails esp on defense there's always going to be much frustration  and the blame game.  But if Zach can do his job and keep the team in games esp with Rodgers on his side there won't be much acrimony towards him (I think).

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look if Zach plays well and is contrite like he was yesterday. You have to believe the players will gravitate towards him. Many of them did his rookie year he hung out with players went to Rangers games etc with Berrios etc.  It was his fault they lost the game but you can also blame others who dropped balls and picks and made mistakes. If the guy sucks and can't generate an offense while they bust their tails esp on defense there's always going to be much frustration  and the blame game.  But if Zach can do his job and keep the team in games esp with Rodgers on his side there won't be much acrimony towards him (I think).

It really svcks that we were robbed of the opportunity to see what ZW would have done in that situation.  Win or lose, I wanted to see how he responded.  He stunk in his chance against the Pats a week ago.  It felt like things would've been different in last night's game.  But, unfortunately, we'll never know.  

3 hours ago, JiF said:

lmfao

Oh no doubt.  There's no delusions of grandeur here.  I'm just impressed that Zach went from being THAT BAD the first 26 games of his career to looking like he belonged as an NFL QB in game # 27.  Shocking improvement.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Eh, I dunno about that. Saleh kicking that long FG instead of going on 4th down was playing scared.

No it wasn’t.  If they don’t come away with points right before half it doesn’t come close to feeling as good as taking the 3 off the deficit.  You’re setting up the 2nd half, most HCs go for it there

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it wasn’t.  If they don’t come away with points right before half it doesn’t come close to feeling as good as taking the 3 off the deficit.  You’re setting up the 2nd half, most HCs go for it there

Nonsense. 

1) That FG, as we saw, is no gimme.

2) Up until that point the Chiefs had shredded the defense. It was clear we'd need to score points to win and that was a great opportunity to score points. That was an ultra conservative "play to not get blown out" move.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, the one miss to Wilson(?) running free toward the deep right sideline that would have been six was a killer. 

I've seen this a lot, and I thought so in real time, but the Jets scored a TD on that drive, anyway (1 yard TD pass to Uzomah). Wilson finished off that drive after that bad miss. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Nonsense. 

2) Up until that point the Chiefs had shredded the defense. It was clear we'd need to score points to win and that was a great opportunity to score points. That was an ultra conservative "play to not get blown out" move.

The only reason I didn't mind the decision to kick it in real time was because we were getting the ball to start the second half, AND with only 30ish seconds left, we were probably going to settle for 3 anyway, even if we converted. 

• Upvote 1

Many Zach haters (and I was slipping over into joining the group - admittedly)..will hang on to their distaste for him..no doubt.  The motivation for being ‘right’ about our strong views - is strong.

I’m not a full believer after 1 game, but, like many, I have renewed hope.

I think the chance for full regression playing in Mile High..is about as good..as the chance that ZW has suddenly turned a corner and will play well again.
A very good game in that environment..even against a bad Broncos team..will foster belief in him..for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The only reason I didn't mind the decision to kick it in real time was because we were getting the ball to start the second half, AND with only 30ish seconds left, we were probably going to settle for 3 anyway, even if we converted. 

You're not wrong intrinsically.

I would just argue that with the team 1-2 at home on SNF for the first time in 12 years, with that preposterous Taylor Swift spotlight as the team grumbles and prepares to sour on Zach -- pull the trigger. Zach was playing well the team had momentum. Go for it. You're not going to beat Patrick Mahomes kicking field goals.

Saleh is the kind of guy who talks a big game re: analytics and smart football but at his core is a defense first conservative coach. And look, most of the time I get it with Zach. But when he seems to be playing well and the offense actually has momentum? Go for it.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I've seen this a lot, and I thought so in real time, but the Jets scored a TD on that drive, anyway (1 yard TD pass to Uzomah). Wilson finished off that drive after that bad miss. 

I misremembered when it took place. Right before the half, misses Wilson running away from the CB. At the 8:20ish mark of this video

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I didn’t like the decision..considering the opponent and their QB..and believe most coaches go for it in that spot to set up a closer..much more make-able  FG.  Missed it by inches.  Too conservative an approach - by the coach

8 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Nonsense. 

You’re assuming they would not only have made the first down but then would have scored a TD.  
It wasn’t the wrong play and wasn’t playing scared.
If they went for it on 4th and came up short people would be complaining that he went for it.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh no doubt.  There's no delusions of grandeur here.  I'm just impressed that Zach went from being THAT BAD the first 26 games of his career to looking like he belonged as an NFL QB in game # 27.  Shocking improvement.

Yeah Tierney is leading the overreaction train on ZW:

"I'm telling you.  He's gonna be a star, man"

If you're judging based only on one game, you'd think Mahomes was Zach Wilson and that Zach Wilson was Mahomes.

The overall body of work tells another story.

Good job by Zach.  He took a lot of hits from all directions this week and for one week at least, stepped up and answered the bell.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I misremembered when it took place. Right before the half, misses Wilson running away from the CB. At the 8:20ish mark of this video

Ahhh ok, we are talking about different plays. 

On the one you are talking about (8.20), I agree, but I think he had taken off running by the time Wilson was breaking free and ended up getting the first down, anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re assuming they would not only made the first down but then would have scored a TD.  
It wasn’t the wrong play and wasn’t playing scared. 
If they went for it on 4th and came up short people would be complaining that he went for it.   

That’s the definition of playing scared. Making statistically dumb decisions to avoid criticism because they align with conventional wisdom.

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That’s the definition of playing scared. Making statistically dumb decisions to avoid criticism because they align with conventional wisdom.

O, it would have been the definition of not playing smart

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Glad we can put this garbage to bed. The opposite seems to be true - the team seems more galvanized than ever coming out of this past game. We move onto Denver

True

so what does cimini try and manufacture now since he always has to portray the negative

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Please let this be Photoshopped because if it isn't it speaks Volumes about what the Hell is going on out there!

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Definitely photoshopped 

Ref shirts don’t have man-boobs contours 😊

No, that's really the ref's baseball hat with the backwards NFL logo, still wearing the headset 5-10 minutes after the game ended, holding a white Mahomes jersey after they played the game with red jerseys, showing off his bulging traps while forgetting to smile for the camera. ;) 

• Haha 1