McDonald

FactsOnly

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Bro they had 1 bad blown coverage last week. They dominated pats rest of the game. Amazing D needs to be a ALL time great, but it’s ok if we have worst qb in nfl by a mile for 2nd yr in a row 🙈

There can be more that is going wrong with this team than one thing.  Look. I agree Wilson is absolutely terrible.  He should never play another snap at QB for the Jets and should not have been the #2 QB this season.  But the Jets defense was talking about being the best in the NFL this season.  After watching this defense in the preseason, I expected a relentless pass rush along with a great secondary.  The pass rush has been virtually non-existent and the secondary has given up too many plays.

A good defense not only holds a bad offense (and NE is a bad offense with a mediocre OL and terrible skill players) to a low point total. They pressure the QB and cause turnovers.  The Jets put NO pressure on Mac Jones at all last week and it wasn't because Jones didn't throw. He attempted 29 passes.  They gave up numerous 3rd down conversions.  They gave up 147 yards rushing. They failed to pin NE deep in their territory.  It's not as if NE was able to sit on a lead in this game.  So while Wilson is by far the main reason the Jets lost, the defense could have done more in this game.  0 sacks and 0 turnovers does not make for a great defensive performance against a bad offense, even with only 13 points given up.  One short field could have swung a one score game in the Jets favor (just like it did in week 1) 

Two things can be true.  Wilson absolutely stinks - again and still.  And the defense has performed below expectations after Buffalo, particularly last week. Was the defense bad?  No.  But it wasn't great .  By pointing out how the defense underperformed last week is NOT defending Wilson. When will people understand this.  

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There can be more that is going wrong with this team than one thing.  Look. I agree Wilson is absolutely terrible.  He should never play another snap at QB for the Jets and should not have been the #2 QB this season.  But the Jets defense was talking about being the best in the NFL this season.  After watching this defense in the preseason, I expected a relentless pass rush along with a great secondary.  The pass rush has been virtually non-existent and the secondary has given up too many plays.

A good defense not only holds a bad offense (and NE is a bad offense with a mediocre OL and terrible skill players) to a low point total. They pressure the QB and cause turnovers.  The Jets put NO pressure on Mac Jones at all last week and it wasn't because Jones didn't throw. He attempted 29 passes.  They gave up numerous 3rd down conversions.  They gave up 147 yards rushing. They failed to pin NE deep in their territory.  It's not as if NE was able to sit on a lead in this game.  So while Wilson is by far the main reason the Jets lost, the defense could have done more in this game.  0 sacks and 0 turnovers does not make for a great defensive performance against a bad offense, even with only 13 points given up.  One short field could have swung a one score game in the Jets favor (just like it did in week 1) 

Two things can be true.  Wilson absolutely stinks - again and still.  And the defense has performed below expectations after Buffalo, particularly last week. Was the defense bad?  No.  But it wasn't great .  By pointing out how the defense underperformed last week is NOT defending Wilson. When will people understand this.  

When your qb is that bad, your D is going to be on the field a lot more. Not going to have good field position most of time. These two things are often overlooked. Rex Ryan Defenses were very good. But what helped them out was a strong running game to control clock. Field position. Qb who wasn’t great, but still lot better than what we have now. 

Turnovers weren’t there because Pats were smart with ball. They knew they wouldn’t have to score a lot. So they stayed away from the deep passing game to avoid risking sacks and INTs. Bb is not stupid. He saw the bills game. Take away the run, and DONT turn it over, pretty much would guarantee a win against zach Wilson. 

To put in perspective how good our D has been. Past 18 games if our offense ONLY scored the league average, Jets record would be 15-3! That’s insane. Instead of complaining about maybe only having top 5 D instead of 1, JD better look to try to being the O from dead last in NFL. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yeah, let’s not blame the players.  It’s the coaches fault quinnen williams is making a fortune and cant get a sack.

Coaching been abysmal this year, decision making wirse. Players same as last year, whole team got the ED when Aaron went down. Bunch of crybaby’s. Coach  got no answers to it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

Don't be a jerk.  Our D gave up a mere 13 points last game.  You're sounding pretty SOJF to me.  Just looking for something to bitch about.   

He's right though, 1 sack and zero turnovers in the last two games.

Also the pats have the worst O talent in the league, we gave up like 157 rushing yards and got burned for a long td by some jag.

Do we have a great D or just an average one because the people excusing our D who are supposed to be great are happy with average.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Also the pats have the worst O talent in the league, we gave up like 157 rushing yards and got burned for a long td by some jag.

Do we have a great D or just an average one because the people excusing our D who are supposed to be great are happy with average.

LOL @ dismissing points allowed.  Geesh. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

When your qb is that bad, your D is going to be on the field a lot more. Not going to have good field position most of time. These two things are often overlooked. Rex Ryan Defenses were very good. But what helped them out was a strong running game to control clock. Field position. Qb who wasn’t great, but still lot better than what we have now. 

Turnovers weren’t there because Pats were smart with ball. They knew they wouldn’t have to score a lot. So they stayed away from the deep passing game to avoid risking sacks and INTs. Bb is not stupid. He saw the bills game. Take away the run, and DONT turn it over, pretty much would guarantee a win against zach Wilson. 

To put in perspective how good our D has been. Past 18 games if our offense ONLY scored the league average, Jets record would be 15-3! That’s insane. Instead of complaining about maybe only having top 5 D instead of 1, JD better look to try to being the O from dead last in NFL. 

Reading is fundamental.  Did you read and comprehend my post?  I'm not defending the pitiful QB or the poor offense. 

The key to creating turnovers is pressure and sacks.  The Jets put NO pressure on Jones at all. None.  They had no sacks and didn't even touch him.  And the Pats had 19 3rd down opportunities and 29 pass attempts.  AND they defense gave up 147 yards rushing.  Yes they stiffened up in Jets territory and gave up only 1 TD and 4 FG opportunities (two missed).  But they put no pressure on a bad Pats offense.  That is an average defensive performance.  If you can't understand that you don't understand football.  Did you watch tonight's game?  That was a great defensive performance.  The Lions pressured Long all night, sacked him 5 times and pressured him more.  And they didn't let the Packers run.  Yes they gave up 20 points and scored 34. But they made Long uncomfortable all night. Jones had an easy day last week.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Don't be a jerk.  Our D gave up a mere 13 points last game.  You're sounding pretty SOJF to me.  Just looking for something to bitch about.   

So then why is our 1st round draft pick on the bench?  This regime doesn't pass the smell test.  

• Sympathy 1

Football isn't about one side of the team bailing the other out. Or winning games single handedly because of deficiencies elsewhere. It's a complementary game - good offense breeds goods defense, and vice versa (not forgetting ST of course, which help both).

A strong defense can be reduced in efficiency by an offense that cannot score - it allows the opponent to play conservatively and not give a defense a chance to make plays. Buffalo turned the ball over by playing an aggressive style of offense - it's what they do and why we have matched up well with them. NE are the opposite and will play the long game, dink and dunk and grind out yards. If there is a weaker element to our D it is the run defense ... and that is why BB ran the ball as much as he did. He also didn't need to air it out as we couldn't score.

Which brings me to my main point here - we have played 3 games so far. 12 quarters of football (plus one OT period). And we have yet to have held a lead at any point in those 12 quarters. Not for one second. (EDIT - I was reminded in another post that we did lead briefly in the 4th quarter against Buffalo in Week 1).

So when you see a defense with a strong pass rush but questions on it's run stopping, and an offense that cannot score, how do you defeat it? Air it out with numerous deep shots, like Buffalo did? Or grind it out on the ground with enough passing to keep the chains moving like Dallas and NE did? 

We are missing a vital component of a functioning team - a passing attack. And the ripple effect of that impacts the run game and the defense. On Hard Knocks I recall the "I will not be the weakest link" scene. Cheesy perhaps - but our QB is by far the weakest link right now, and you're only as strong as your weakest link.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Reading is fundamental.  Did you read and comprehend my post?  I'm not defending the pitiful QB or the poor offense. 

The key to creating turnovers is pressure and sacks.  The Jets put NO pressure on Jones at all. None.  They had no sacks and didn't even touch him.  And the Pats had 19 3rd down opportunities and 29 pass attempts.  AND they defense gave up 147 yards rushing.  Yes they stiffened up in Jets territory and gave up only 1 TD and 4 FG opportunities (two missed).  But they put no pressure on a bad Pats offense.  That is an average defensive performance.  If you can't understand that you don't understand football.  Did you watch tonight's game?  That was a great defensive performance.  The Lions pressured Long all night, sacked him 5 times and pressured him more.  And they didn't let the Packers run.  Yes they gave up 20 points and scored 34. But they made Long uncomfortable all night. Jones had an easy day last week.  

You obviously do not understand how football works. I attempted to give you a little easy education. Again turnovers and sacks can’t be drawn and creatively taken at Will lol. The qb has to take chances for the big play, in order for the D to have a chance. Did you even watch the game ? Take a look at the film. Jones has no big throws. The td pass was a short dump where jets D were too aggressive up front. Michael Carter almost had a pick ( should have ) but that was on a screen pass. Usually screens have a very low chance of a INT. Yes we would have seen sacks and INTs  if Jones attempted to drop back, hold the ball long waiting for receivers to get deep.  But BB is obviously is too smart to give Jets D chance to win game on turnover. Jones had the ball out quick, on short throws. You are not getting sacks there, and INTs much more unlikely. Unless qb makes mistakes, which he didn’t. It’s just laughable anyone tries to blame the D who only gave up 13 points lol 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

New England has the WORST O talent in the league.  We gave up a huge play td to someone named pharoh brown, we gave up 157 rushing yards.  Did our D do something to lose the game?  No did they do something to help win the game?  No

0 sacks, zero turnovers created.

As  said before if you want to defend the D fine as long as you say we have an average mediocre D that does not actively help you win games.

Our defense is 'supposed' to be awesome, they have been great in game one and non entities in the last two games

Elliot against our D made Cook against their D look old and slow.  Elliot looked great at half the price. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yes this defense was billed as relentless and disruptive. They haven’t been. They held the Patriots to 13 points because the Pats played conservatively and neutralized this “relentless” defense. The Pats defense was far more relentless than the Jets - the difference- the Pats ran the ball well and won the field position battle

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The D stinks and on Sunday will get manhandled for a 3rd week in a row.  See you at 11:00pm Sunday in the Defcon 3 thread.

Though I don’t think the D stinks I think they are overrated. I think the stats inflate how good they are. A very good defense takes over games disrupts/ dominates offenses - that did not happen in the Pats game. The 13 points given up had as much to do with the approach the Pats took as much as the Jets defense. The Pats did exactly what they wanted to do and the Jets D didn’t impact their strategy

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The D stinks and on Sunday will get manhandled for a 3rd week in a row.  See you at 11:00pm Sunday in the Defcon 3 thread.

I dunno man. You might have to go straight to defcon 2.  I think jets completely implode on national television. Jets lose by 30+, Zach throws multiple picks, multiple sideline fights, the team gives up and turns on the coach 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

Yes this defense was billed as relentless and disruptive. They haven’t been. They held the Patriots to 13 points because the Pats played conservatively and neutralized this “relentless” defense. The Pats defense was far more relentless than the Jets - the difference- the Pats ran the ball well and won the field position battle

Relentless and disruptive ? What moron said that ? Lol. There are no Michael Parsons, Lawrence Taylors , etc on this D. We never had that fearing pass rusher. Sauce is no Revis that’s for sure. No one will likely be that good ever at that position. Pats didn’t need to take any chances, to give the D to make big plays. Bills coaches should have been fired on the spot for handing jets win. All they had to do was play conservative ball and they win. They let Allen make wild throws and it cost them game. They also didn’t take away the run. Zach Wilson is not beating anyone good. Pats are not a great team. But trust me BB did not have to draw up his most creative game plans to beat the Jets with Zach Wilson at qb. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Relentless and disruptive ? What moron said that ? Lol. There are no Michael Parsons, Lawrence Taylors , etc on this D. We never had that fearing pass rusher. Sauce is no Revis that’s for sure. No one will likely be that good ever at that position. Pats didn’t need to take any chances, to give the D to make big plays. Bills coaches should have been fired on the spot for handing jets win. All they had to do was play conservative ball and they win. They let Allen make wild throws and it cost them game. They also didn’t take away the run. Zach Wilson is not beating anyone good. Pats are not a great team. But trust me BB did not have to draw up his most creative game plans to beat the Jets with Zach Wilson at qb. 

If the Jets defense played as advertised and did to the Pats what the Pats defense did to the Jets , the Jets win. Both teams had similar strategies to win the game. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

If the Jets defense played as advertised and did to the Pats what the Pats defense did to the Jets , the Jets win. Both teams had similar strategies to win the game. 

The big difference is people seem to be forgetting. Zach Wilson is ALWAYS going to make average D’s look like the 85 bears. He is just that bad. Mac jones played pretty much mistake free. Not that he took many big play chances. We beat pats with any other nfl qb on someone’s bench. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

The Pats won because their defense played better.

The other side of the coin is to argue that the Jets offense sucks and the Pats defense is average.

My argument, however, given the strategy of the game plan if they stop the Pats running game and get the Pats offense off the field on 3rd downs the Jets win that game. 

Pats won the game because their defense played better. The Jets should have manhandled the Pats offense (based on press clippings and expectations) 

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The big difference is people seem to be forgetting. Zach Wilson is ALWAYS going to make average D’s look like the 85 bears. He is just that bad. Mac jones played pretty much mistake free. Not that he took many big play chances. We beat pats with any other nfl qb on someone’s bench. 

I’m not disagreeing with that - all I’m saying is that our defense was suppose to be special - a game changer - they only held the fort but the Pats approach had a lot to do with that. 

28 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Jets D stinks.  They did not show up on Dallas, could not do anything against a crappy Pats offense and will get a 40 burger hung on them on Sunday night.

Outside of Aaron Rodgers injury, they are the reason this season is in the tank.

And outside of a bullet, Abe Lincoln had a lovely night at the theatre. ;-)  

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

I’m not disagreeing with that - all I’m saying is that our defense was suppose to be special - a game changer - they only held the fort but the Pats approach had a lot to do with that. 

Anybody who believed this D was going to be the 85 bears in an imbecile. Maybe it was said, but I knew better to tune out that bs. Right up there with the idiots who said Zach Wilson is going to seize the day and push Aaron rodgers out of town 🤣. I don’t care how good a D is suppose to be, it’s not going to be as good if they offense is dead last in nfl. D is going to be on field a lot more, with not best field position. They won’t have the luxury of defending leads very often. I wish the Jets stopped trying to think they are smarter then NFL. Thinking it doesn’t matter if O is dead last, let’s just make sure our D is #1 and everything will be ok. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Anybody who believed this D was going to be the 85 bears in an imbecile. Maybe it was said, but I knew better to tune out that bs. Right up there with the idiots who said Zach Wilson is going to seize the day and push Aaron Rodgers out of town 🤣. I don’t care how good a D is suppose to be, it’s not going to be as good if they offense is dead last in NFL. D is going to be on field a lot more, with not best field position. They won’t have the luxury of defending leads very often. I wish the Jets stopped trying to think they are smarter then NFL. Thinking it doesn’t matter if O is dead last, let’s just make sure our D is #1 and everything will be ok. 

This post is not radical;  it's center of the road.  The guys here who are ragging on our D are a disgrace.  They are making the board hard to read.  How is 13 points allowed EVER criticized?  I'm so sick of SOJF posters here.     

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

This post is not radical;  it's center of the road.  The guys here who are ragging on our D are a disgrace.  They are making the board hard to read.  How is 13points allowed EVER criticized?  I'm so sick of SOJF posters here.     

Past 18 games. Jets are 15-3 if the Offense ONLY scored the league average. I don’t know if any other team can say that. JD has a LOT of work to do in offseason if he is still here. He best be putting 99% of his resources fixing the offense, not spending draft and FA $ trying to make the D the 85 bears.. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Past 18 games. Jets are 15-3 if the Offense ONLY scored the league average. I don’t know if any other team can say that. JD has a LOT of work to do in offseason if he is still here. He best be putting 99% of his resources fixing the offense, not spending draft and FA $ trying to make the D the 85 bears.. 

This is why I wanted a guy like Tannehill or Jimmy G or even Minshew.  We didn't need to sell the farm.  It was a well developing steady roster build (with a few misfired which is typical of any GM) before someone (probably Woody) got the bright idea that is was time to swing for the fences.  Bad call (Woody). 

Even worse call that our GM had one of his brain farts here and didn't sign an actual back up QB. 

But by all means, let's rag on the D.  SOJFs in their glory.   

• Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Vine Wtf GIF
How is this trolling you goof you can count this guys snaps all year on ONE HAND

THE 14TH PICK IN THE DRAFT HAS BEEN INACTIVE

while you are right that it's beyond stupid that we drafted a guy in the first who we are barely using.......you are one of the biggest goofs on this forum so it's kinda ironic to see you call anyone else a goof

• More Ugh 1

38 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

while you are right that it's beyond stupid that we drafted a guy in the first who we are barely using.......you are one of the biggest goofs on this forum so it's kinda ironic to see you call anyone else a goof

It’s fits JD’s overall stubborn pattern. We saw same thing 10+ yrs ago when a dumb gm catered to his D guru HC. The fact he actually drafted a guy for “ depth on DL” again proves how little interest he has in building a competent OL.