Is Kelce / Swift a manufactured thing?

This has been bugging me since Sunday night.

Finding love and being in a great relationship is the best thing that can happen to two people.  If that's what this is, great.

But, the P.R. effort behind this public relationship is so nakedly on display.  Kelce is suddenly on a LOT of big, high dollar commercials.  Taylor Swift is promoting her first concert film.  Constant mentions by the talking heads, before, during and after the game.  All week, in fact.  Even Bill Belichik, famous for having even less sense of humor than fashion sense, made a crack about it last week.  "Swifties' guide to football rules," NFL fans as Swifties, blah blah blah.

If this relationship became a thing on its own, and everyone in the marketing periphery is simply capitalizing on it, okay.  That's simply good business, although, if it were me, I'd prefer a bit more privacy and would probably wall people off from my personal life.

But...I find myself wondering if this is a crossover lab experiment by talent agents.

1 minute ago, rbstern said:

This has been bugging me since Sunday night.

Finding love and being in a great relationship is the best thing that can happen to two people.  If that's what this is, great.

But, the P.R. effort behind this public relationship is so nakedly on display.  Kelce is suddenly on a LOT of big, high dollar commercials.  Taylor Swift is promoting her first concert film.  Constant mentions by the talking heads, before, during and after the game.  All week, in fact.  Even Bill Belichik, famous for having even less sense of humor than fashion sense, made a crack about it last week.  "Swifties' guide to football rules," NFL fans as Swifties, blah blah blah.

If this relationship became a thing on its own, and everyone in the marketing periphery is simply capitalizing on it, okay.  That's simply good business, although, if it were me, I'd prefer a bit more privacy and would probably wall people off from my personal life.

But...I find myself wondering if this is a crossover lab experiment by talent agents.

Probably.

The female demographic represents the greatest growth opportunity for the NFL. And for a business, nothing is more valuable than growth. 

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 3.10.04 PM.png

Probably.
The female demographic represents the greatest growth opportunity for the NFL. And for a business, nothing is more valuable than growth. 
http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2023_10/Screenshot2023-10-03at3_10_04PM.thumb.png.85e29633d33195fa7c5672180f69ba87.png
I'm in my mid fifties... just educated my wife in the game to the point of her understanding offensive line formations and penalties (men down field, covering up the line by the TE etc)

She now loves football more than myself.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

If you look at the league's demographics, it's not pretty 

the average NFL fan is like 55, and male 

that's why the league is thrashing about for growth, be it international, swifty or toy story-related 

we are watching the decline and fall of the Roman empire 

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No idea what it is but pretty sure whatever the hell it is, it cost us a win Sunday night. 

Each and every year, the Jets step into at least one unique, never-been-seen-before way to lose. 

If I told you last spring that a ref would throw a flag that 99.9% of the time is not thrown in that particular situation, because the NFL wants more positive vibes from and for Taylor Swift and all the money she brings to the NFL, you would have had one of the forum lawyers petition to have me committed.

Frankly, I prefer the butt-fumble.  

17 hours ago, bitonti said:

that's why the league is thrashing about for growth, be it international, swifty or toy story-related 

What really worrisome is that the NFL thinks 55 year old males are going to get growth from Swift and toys in a kid's room.

• Ugh 1

22 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm sure this is going to end well...

Mr Pfizer.jpg

This is where Aaron gets into trouble. We all know your stance, just shut up and don’t make it your entire personality. Grow up.

I don’t give a sh*t if you’re anti vax or pro vax just keep it to yourself and don’t berate others. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/4/2023 at 8:22 AM, JetPotato said:

What really worrisome is that the NFL thinks 55 year old males are going to get growth from Swift and toys in a kid's room.

No, what's funnier is they don't realize when Kelce quits it, she'll write a #1 Hit about dating the mean Football guy, and all the 13-21 year old girls they're trying to fold into viewership makes TikTok videos of them burning Kelce jerseys in solidarity with their queen. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, PS17 said:

This is where Aaron gets into trouble. We all know your stance, just shut up and don’t make it your entire personality. Grow up.

I don’t give a sh*t if you’re anti vax or pro vax just keep it to yourself and don’t berate others. 

I don't believe you. Are you mad at Travis Kelce for promoting Phizer? Should he also shut up?

Just wondering.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No, what's funnier is they don't realize when Kelce quits it, she'll write a #1 Hit about dating the mean Football guy, and all the 13-21 year old girls they're trying to fold into viewership makes TikTok videos of them burning Kelce jerseys in solidarity with their queen. 

"Kel-See Ya Later" is already in development for the "Travis-ty" album.

This sure makes it sound manufactured -- the NY Post article:.

In the NFL’s undying quest for Taylor Swift’s heart, it asked its networks — NBC, ESPN, Fox and CBS — to show promos for her upcoming movie for free, The Post has learned.

ESPN and NBC acquiesced to the request and showed promos for Swift’s movie during the content portion of their pregame shows this past Sunday and Monday. ESPN played the Swift movie promos for her concert during “Sunday NFL Countdown” and “Monday NFL Countdown.” 

NBC’s free promo was on its pregame show, “Football Night in America,” prior to Chiefs-Jets, which Swift attended.There was also a Swift commercial during NBC’s game.
The ad time was paid for, according to sources. These 30-second spots are generally approaching the million-dollar neighborhood for a “Sunday Night Football” game. 

Swift attended the game Sunday at MetLife Stadium, which featured Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, whom Swift has been rumored to be dating. NBC’s coverage of the game featured a lot of Swift shots and talk.

Fox nor CBS used the promo last week. Unlike NBC, neither had the Chiefs on its air. CBS has Chiefs-Vikings at 4:25 p.m. this Sunday.

The NFL and the networks declined comment. Swift could not be reached. The requests were made on Friday of last week, which is why Amazon Prime Video’s “Thursday Night Football” was likely left out. 

Next Thursday, Amazon – which has a relationship with Swift through Amazon Music – will have the Chiefs and Broncos on Oct. 12.

On Friday, Oct. 13, “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” concert film will be released in theaters.  

On 10/3/2023 at 3:17 PM, bitonti said:

We’re watching a greedy league get greedier. Football continues to get more popular, no matter how ridiculous things seem to get presentation wise. The TV deals are only getting larger and the 55-75 year old male has more buying power than the rest of the American population combined. 

I knew this "relationship" was fake.  The NFL is on the verge of killing the golden goose.

Do not alienate the men who have supported and funded the league for a bunch of "Swfties".

The league has gotten soft over the years, how feminized are they willing to go? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

I knew this "relationship" was fake.  The NFL is on the verge of killing the golden goose.

Do not alienate the men who have supported and funded the league for a bunch of "Swfties".

The league has gotten soft over the years, how feminized are they willing to go? 

Ratings have never been higher. People said the same crap when Kaepernick got on a knee. The NFL is in un-breachable teflon.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, KRL said:

Do you want to come to Thanksgiving at my house?

19 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I don't believe you. Are you mad at Travis Kelce for promoting Phizer? Should he also shut up?

Just wondering.

When it comes to public helath issues, everyone in the NFL should shut up.  The NFL is not a medical school.  These guys don't know anything other than the nonsense they read on social media from bad sources.  Why can't people realize that with respect to medicine, the NFL players are a bunch of ignorant cavemen? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

When it comes to public heath issues, everyone in the NFL should shut up.  The NFL is not a medical school.  These guys don't know anything other than the nonsense they read on social media from bad sources.  Why can't people realize that with respect to medicine, the NFL players are a bunch of ignorant cavemen? 

OK. "Public Health Issues". If you disagree with the Caveman. But everything else, from Cancer awareness, Social Issues, Politics, etc., we must hear the "cavemens" opinions?

Is it OK for Dr. Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff? Did he get a waiver?

And talking on a podcast with friends, NFL Cavemen must speak only about X's and O's?

Just trying to figure out the... rules. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

OK. "Public Health Issues". If you disagree with the Caveman. But everything else, from Cancer awareness, Social Issues, Politics, etc., we must hear the "cavemens" opinions?

Is it OK for Dr. Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff? Did he get a waiver?

And talking on a podcast with friends, NFL Cavemen must speak only about X's and O's?

Just trying to figure out the... rules. 

then don't pay attention to any of it.  I usually don't until threads like this.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

then don't pay attention to any of it.  I usually don't until threads like this.

So, we should shut up too? Man, this place would get really boring...

LOL. Bottom line, if the HS Dropout LeBron James can go out and proselytize about every perceived issue under the sun, but AROD should "Shut up, because he's an NFL caveman", well, then, I got a thing for ya to read...

constitution_1_of_4_630.thumb.jpg.dd21ddf2840a59fd0a9c0b1efd1f4b49.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So, we should shut up too? Man, this place would get really boring...

LOL. Bottom line, if the HS Dropout LeBron James can go out and proselytize about every perceived issue under the sun, but AROD should "Shut up, because he's an NFL caveman", well, then, I got a thing for ya to read...

constitution_1_of_4_630.thumb.jpg.dd21ddf2840a59fd0a9c0b1efd1f4b49.jpg

football forum.  Not a public health forum (which to some people is always an excuse to spout their politics.)

This forum is owned privately and if the owner doesn't want political posts or others that ultimately lead to the same, he can make that rule.  Are you sure you understand how the 1st Amendment works with respect to a privately owned sports fan forum?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Matt39 said:

We’re watching a greedy league get greedier. Football continues to get more popular, no matter how ridiculous things seem to get presentation wise. The TV deals are only getting larger and the 55-75 year old male has more buying power than the rest of the American population combined. 

It's not about current profits it's about future growth 

Fun fact Taylor swift attending the Jets game in person screws up the search results for Taylor swift private jet usage 

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

football forum.  Not a public health forum (which to some people is always an excuse to spout their politics.)

This forum is owned privately and if the owner doesn't want political posts or others that ultimately lead to the same, he can make that rule.  Are you sure you understand how the 1st Amendment works with respect to a privately owned sports fan forum?

I didn't know Aaron Rodgers was posting his beliefs here. Are you sure you understand this conversation?

22 hours ago, KRL said:

This is why the Jets offense is already ahead of the curve (cuz they can't drive).

20 hours ago, PS17 said:

Ratings have never been higher. People said the same crap when Kaepernick got on a knee. The NFL is in un-breachable teflon.

Pretty sure the NFL could admit they have a script and games are rigged and they’d still get the 20 highest ratings of the year for their big games. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

narc