Was That The Worst Win In Franchise History?

8 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Jets had 8 men on the line of scrimmage on that last play (the spike). I think that’s illegal formation. Giants also were off sides. Not sure what happens if both (offsetting) penalties are called in that situation. Is there a runoff?

I believe Conklin is off the ball. But there would be a run off.

Definitely not the worst win but one of the worst games for sure.  I had the misfortune of attending as a guest of my hard core Giant  an friend.  I am sure if you asked him he would think the game was even worse.  Couldn't tell so much from TV but the conditions were absolutely brutal.  Some of the stats defy belief:

23 (punts -our punter was awesome btw)

2:19:  time left in game when we converted out first third down conversion -  that included about four or five 3rd and ones - really hard to believe being that bad

5:  pretty sure we had this many personal foul penalties by mid-way through the 3rd quarter.  Seriously ridiculous

4 of 34:  combined teams third down conversions  

Negative 9:  we very nearly lost (and probably should have) to a team that had -9 passing yards.

4-3:  our current record.  will take it but it sure hasn't been pretty.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Everyone needs to find a Giants fan and apologize for the win. Tell them that the Giants were the better team and the Jets had no business winning the game.

What makes you think that? The Giants were able to do just as much as the Jets. The game was a complete toss up.

Baker Mayfield 237 yards

Bryce Young 235 yards

CJ Stroud 140 yards

Matt Stafford 162 yards

Jordan Love 229 yards

Gardner Minshew 213 yards

Mac Jones 161 yards

Tyrod Taylor/Mike Devito -9 yards

Pickett/Trubisky 211 yards

Will Levis 238 yards

Desmond Ridder 71 yards then benched

Lamar Jackson 157 yards

Josh Dobbs 208 yards

Russell Wilson 141 yards

Patrick Mahommes 241 yards but 2 heinous picks

Zach Wilson 240 yards, 0 ints, miracle last series drive to tie it.   Miracle overtime series to win the game.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Zach is at his best when he has to come from behind in the 4th quarter. That was his 6th 4Q comeback! All he does is win, baby, win!!

Its the only way he can win, because they're always behind when he plays. Always. 

Also love how all of the "Casuals" are lauding Zach Wilson for YET ANOTHER GAME that was won by Defense and Special teams

After Sach Wilson handed the Giants 3 free points, the Defense held the Giants to 7 points and -9 yards passing, even with about 100 yards gifted to them from Personal Foul penalties.

You guys really are silly. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Hex said:

^^^^ Clearly a Giants fan. Nobody in their right mind would not feel good about a win.

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You really hate it when they win huh?

I believe I've stated my reasons very clearly on this.  All 4 of our wins this season have come from a completely unsustainable turn of events.  I take no joy from that because the season is clearly headed for disaster, with an uber-talented roster being wasted because of one position on the field, and zero sense of urgency by the front office or HC to make a change at it.

This is vey much like last year when we were 5-2 and I got screamed at for not being a pollyanna.  You guys like going 7-10?  With a defense THIS good?  I sure don't.  And that's about what we're headed for.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Baker Mayfield 237 yards

Bryce Young 235 yards

CJ Stroud 140 yards

Matt Stafford 162 yards

Jordan Love 229 yards

Gardner Minshew 213 yards

Mac Jones 161 yards

Tyrod Taylor/Mike Devito -9 yards

Pickett/Trubisky 211 yards

Will Levis 238 yards

Desmond Ridder 71 yards then benched

Lamar Jackson 157 yards

Josh Dobbs 208 yards

Russell Wilson 141 yards

Patrick Mahommes 241 yards but 2 heinous picks

Zach Wilson 240 yards, 0 ints, miracle last series drive to tie it.   Miracle overtime series to win the game.

I said 292 yards,  he was short by 52 yds on a slippery sh*tty turf.  For those sleeping on Zach, keep it going!  

Its the only way he can win, because they're always behind when he plays. Always. 

Also love how all of the "Casuals" are lauding Zach Wilson for YET ANOTHER GAME that was won by Defense and Special teams
After Sach Wilson handed the Giants 3 free points, the Defense held the Giants to 7 points and -9 yards passing, even with about 100 yards gifted to them from Personal Foul penalties.
You guys really are mindless. 

Hey now. No need to be like that! And speaking of handing out points, the defense handed the Giants 7 of them. No way were the Giants scoring a TD yesterday. That JJ unnecessary roughing penalty was as bad as it gets. Thankfully Zach bailed them out with his outstanding play at the end. Dime after dime wins all the time!
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How do we take away anything positive from that game? I was a ZW supporter going into this game but WTAF was that?!   

Only two wins worse than that one.

Beating the Rams and Browns at the end of the 2020 season.  Hence... Zach Wilson instead of Trevor Lawrence. 

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
19 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You guys really are mindless. 

Hey now. No need to be like that! And speaking of handing out points, the defense handed the Giants 7 of them. No way were the Giants scoring a TD yesterday. That JJ unnecessary roughing penalty was as bad as it gets. Thankfully Zach bailed them out with his outstanding play at the end. Dime after dime wins all the time!

Agree... no TD yesterday if JJ didn't lay that late hit.  STUPIDITY at it's finest.

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I believe I've stated my reasons very clearly on this.  All 4 of our wins this season have come from a completely unsustainable turn of events.  I take no joy from that because the season is clearly headed for disaster, with an uber-talented roster being wasted because of one position on the field, and zero sense of urgency by the front office or HC to make a change at it.

This is vey much like last year when we were 5-2 and I got screamed at for not being a pollyanna.  You guys like going 7-10?  With a defense THIS good?  I sure don't.  And that's about what we're headed for.

Worse part of that game yesterday was watching it, at the end of the day we are 4-3 and very much in it. I'm holding out hope at some point either Rodgers comes back or someone other than #poo is taking snaps. 

• Upvote 2

We lost our starting QB 4 snaps into the season. How many teams can recover from that? All off season people were killing JD for the receiver room and the OL. He screwed up the first round pick too! Now all of a sudden we are just a quarterback not named Wilson away from winning the Super Bowl. You just can't make this sh*t up.
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

I don't care about his higher completions or yards. I care that they score, yesterday they couldn't score.

Me too. Giants manhandled our line - that's why we couldn't score. We got dominated all game up front. Games, especially in those conditions, are won up front. Having a 3rd string center didn't help. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My bad. I was being sarcastic and didn't make it clear enough

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I was being sarcastic emoji28.png

Apparently I'm bad at recognizing it from others too haha

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Robert said:

Worst win? 

no

we scored with 24 seconds left with no time outs with a historically bad QB… It was epic. 

smarten up dude. Stop being such an angry vagina

wins are great and make babies

ugly wins are epic and make Angels 

This guy gets it

Actually, it was one of the best wins I have ever witnessed, short of playoff wins. We won, eliminated the Giants in probably the most devastating and embarrassing way, and we stayed in the playoff race for at least another week or two.

How we won, was ugly, but the weather was terrible and its the NFL. Any win is great, when playing with a backup QB and a banged up o-line and 4th string center. 

After watching Aaron go down on the 4th play of the season, no way I would have imagined we would be 4-3 right now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

We won the damn game.  It was ugly as sh*t, but we won, and I am happy with that.  This game was one of the strangest games to watch as it played out, bad weather, Taylor going down, Giants afraid to throw the ball, Jets losing two Centers and going to a 4th string C who was a practice squad call up who had never snapped a ball in the NFL, and had likely never had a rep at C in practice with the Jets.  

The one thing we have going for us is playmakers on both sides of the ball and ST who have found ways to make just enough plays to win some unlikely games. We found a way to win, and I am happy with that. 

I don't think the way we have been winning is sustainable, but I am happy to be 4-3, and hoping we can get the OL straightened out and get some semblance of competent play from the QB position over the next 10 games. 

• Upvote 3

In a bubble? Yes, this is in contention for worst win ever. It was a miserable game to watch, and it should have never even come down to a miracle finish. 

In context? No. It was far from the worst win ever. It is a win off of a bye. It extends the win streak to three. It keeps the Jets in contention for a playoff berth and within reach of a division title. There were elements of SOJ, but SOJ NEVER win games like this. It was an anti-SOJ game. 

• Upvote 3

This was an ugly win I remember from my younger years that gives yesterday’s game a run for the money.  The Jets were in a similar situation to the Giants. Both Joe Namath and his back up QB Al Woodall were injured. The Jets were forced to play third stringer QB Bill Demory who went 1-7 for 11 yards. He was sacked once for an 11 yard loss. So the Jets actually won the game in New England 9-7 with 0 passing yards. Demory did not throw a pass in the 2nd half. The Jets won it on great running by John Riggins. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197310140nwe.htm

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

The analogy that comes to mind his hitting 3 cherries on a slot machine and convincing yourself that skill had something to do with it. 

Nobody has ever claimed or tried to convince themselves that hitting 3 cherries on a slot machine was skill. Use a better analogy.