I Was Wrong ...

KRL

17 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Why do we even need to do a comparison. The self proclaimed experts here have made their minds up from the day he was drafted , nothing short of a miraculous turnaround in his career is going to change that perception.  Why can't we just say the Jets won are 4-3 and still in playoff contention as Nov approaches and be happy with it. 

Because apparently arguing non-stop about this stuff is F-U-N.

18 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Why do we even need to do a comparison. The self proclaimed experts here have made their minds up from the day he was drafted , nothing short of a miraculous turnaround in his career is going to change that perception.  Why can't we just say the Jets won are 4-3 and still in playoff contention as Nov approaches and be happy with it. 

Because last season we were 5-2 and the consensus by many here (me included) was to "be happy with it".  We all know how that season ended.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Sheesh. The Zach fans sure make it hard to root for the kid. 

Some of you are exactly the same as the Tim Tebow fanatics. 

Yeah the Zach fans are the reason many here don't root for him . You can find more Tebow fans in a church jamboree than ZW fans period. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I don’t pay attention so I have no idea but are these byu fans? JetBlue frequent flyers? There’s some obvious intentional gaslighting here.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We all expected a non-Rodgers offense to need to be carried by the defense, but requiring it to THIS extent?  Amazing that we have 4 wins right now.  We could easily be as bad as 1-6 or 0-7 right now if our defense was, say, ranked 10th in the league rather than top 5.

We hired a defensive HC.  We built the team around our D and wanted a D and running game.  We were so committed to running the ball we actualy threw good money at Dalvin Cook.  That was a move based on winning with a top defense.  It was a stupid move but that's why we made it.    We don't have an OL.  We have 1 bonafide WR, 1.  Our TE are okay.  Our first string QB forget to get rid of the ball in 2 seconds and was done.

Zach is being coached to make a read and not turn the ball over.   They never open up the O.  Never.  The Offense as it's constructed and being run is ugly.  It's by design.

Zach has made some bonehead mistakes.  He's not throwing picks and he's mostly playing in the scheme that he's been asked to run. 

I don't like it either but that's how the HC has decided to play it.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So does being constantly miserable soften the blow. 

It's funny that you think expressing a critical opinion of a football player on a football message board makes a person "miserable".  As if that opinion, and only that opinion, drives that posters happiness level.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

It's funny that you think expressing a critical opinion of a football player on a football message board makes a person "miserable".  As if that opinion, and only that opinion, drives that posters happiness level.

Expressing a critical opinion is what football message boards are made for. Expressing that same thought in every thread that gets created regardless of the topic is obsessive and a cry for help. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Expressing a critical opinion is what football message boards are made for. Expressing that same thought in every thread that gets created regardless of the topic is obsessive and a cry for help. 

This is a good thing to mention in a thread that is not about Zach Wilson, unlike this one.

Kudos for going back, re-evaluating your original evaluation, and admitting you were wrong.

With that said, I still think there is validity to the criticism. A Zach Wilson lead offense is not scoring enough points. The third down and red zone conversion percentages are putrid. Too many times the offense just seems hopeless. Sure, there is plenty of blame to go around, but the buck stops with the quarterback.

In my opinion, Zach regressed this past Sunday. He was bailing out of the pocket too quickly, holding the ball too long, taking unnecessary sacks, and missing a couple of easy throws to the flat.

Let's all hope this was a blip in an otherwise improving trend. It was about this time last year when Zach completely fell apart mentally, got the yips, and forgot how to be a football player.

13 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Threads go where the posters take them.  Can't blame the rest of us if they end up back on a specific player, it's a thing driven by more than one guy here at JN.  Also, I'm not sure you've ever heard a cry for help if that's what you think posting about Zach Wilson (for example) alot is.  Having heard a few real cries for help in my time, not sure I'd joke about that tbh, but that's just me.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Why can't we just say the Jets won are 4-3 and still in playoff contention as Nov approaches and be happy with it. 

Just being happy with it would make alot of sense....

...if the season was only 9 weeks long, and 4-3 was a playoff-berth-earning record.

What exactly are you happy with here?  There are 10 games to go in the season.  

I presume you're gonna watch them, and root for the Jets in them, and not "just be happy" because we got to 4-3, right?

Just be happy is such an odd opinion to hold, you could say that about literally anything.  Why bother being a sports fan if "just be happy" is the extent of your interest at any point in time?

Lets talk about San Diego, naaa, naaa, wait a second, we should stop that, and just be happy man.  Just be happy.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Narnia is not a big Wilson fan and in this breakdown he looks at almost every pass attempt, no cherry picking.  To say Wilson needs to improve further is very fair, to still say he sucks is pure nonsense. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I don't see many Zach fanatics on here saying he's a good or even above average QB. I do however see an increasing number acknowledging his improvement and giving him some credit where credit is due, while a lot continue to insist he sucks. The zealots seem to be in the Zach sucks camp

• Upvote 3

I do not care.  These are excuses.  A QB who leads an offense like Sunday’s does not deserve much praise.

Why aren’t any of Zach’s blatant f*ck ups ever detailed as much as the rest of the offenses?  We’re always listing the excuses to bail him out, yet when he’s the issue, the mistakes on film are never addressed.

Golden child of this franchise.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, cat999 said:

.....acknowledging his improvement and giving him some credit where credit is due, while a lot continue to insist he sucks.

It's almost as if two things could be true at the same time.....

Joey-Tribbiani-Shocked-Reaction-Friends.

To be clear, I acknowledge he has shown improvement, but he remains one of, if not the, least productive QB in the NFL (i.e., he sucks).

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

To be fair, I’ve had some pretty unique criticisms of Wilson. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I do not care.  These are excuses.  A QB who leads an offense like Sunday’s does not deserve much praise.

Why aren’t any of Zach’s blatant f*ck ups ever detailed as much as the rest of the offenses?  We’re always listing the excuses to bail him out, yet when he’s the issue, the mistakes on film are never addressed.

Golden child of this franchise.

That 4th down sack was being discussed yesterday and the attempt a poster made at justifying it was one of the most clueless debates I’ve ever engaged in on this forum.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cat999 said:

I don't see many Zach fanatics on here saying he's a good or even above average QB. I do however see an increasing number acknowledging his improvement and giving him some credit where credit is due, while a lot continue to insist he sucks. The zealots seem to be in the Zach sucks camp

Zach sucks

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Perspective is a funny thing. I say this as someone who didnt want to draft ZW, im on record, and someone who if they benched him next week and put in Simeon and stopped playing pussyball I would be absolutely thrilled. The hatred this kid has received from day 1 has been absolutely out of control, the hate is way stronger than the supporters, on at least a 5-1 ratio of haters to fans. page after page of hate for a backup qb is like nothing I have ever seen. There are maybe a handful of true die hard fans and supporters, and many more who just dont think hes the worst thing ever and hes shown some improvement. Ive seen a lot from this fanbase with Sanchez, Geno, Darnold, but nothing even remotely compares to the hate this fan base has had from day 1 of ZW, its actually disturbing and I root for him now just becuase of it and I want to see all of you nitwits have egg all over your faces

3 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Perspective is a funny thing. I say this as someone who didnt want to draft ZW, im on record, and someone who if they benched him next week and put in Simeon and stopped playing pussyball I would be absolutely thrilled. The hatred this kid has received from day 1 has been absolutely out of control, the hate is way stronger than the supporters, on at least a 5-1 ratio of haters to fans. page after page of hate for a backup qb is like nothing I have ever seen. There are maybe a handful of true die hard fans and supporters, and many more who just dont think hes the worst thing ever and hes shown some improvement. Ive seen a lot from this fanbase with Sanchez, Geno, Darnold, but nothing even remotely compares to the hate this fan base has had from day 1 of ZW, its actually disturbing and I root for him now just becuase of it and I want to see all of you nitwits have egg all over your faces

These are professional athletes. We are fans. This is how it works. There is no such thing as hate in this arena. We have zero control over this and all we can do is talk amongst ourselves like the hobby that it is. If you’re seeing this as “hate” perhaps you need a break. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Threads go where the posters take them.  Can't blame the rest of us if they end up back on a specific player, it's a thing driven by more than one guy here at JN.  Also, I'm not sure you've ever heard a cry for help if that's what you think posting about Zach Wilson (for example) alot is.  Having heard a few real cries for help in my time, not sure I'd joke about that tbh, but that's just me.

You do you , I'll do me. Funny how the muck rackers get all sensitive when pushed in a corner. 

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Just being happy with it would make alot of sense....

...if the season was only 9 weeks long, and 4-3 was a playoff-berth-earning record.

What exactly are you happy with here?  There are 10 games to go in the season.  

I presume you're gonna watch them, and root for the Jets in them, and not "just be happy" because we got to 4-3, right?

Just be happy is such an odd opinion to hold, you could say that about literally anything.  Why bother being a sports fan if "just be happy" is the extent of your interest at any point in time?

Lets talk about San Diego, naaa, naaa, wait a second, we should stop that, and just be happy man.  Just be happy.

I don't know about you, but I watch football because it brings me joy. It especially brings me joy when my team wins.

I'm not gonna waste what little time I have on this planet being angry that my team didn't win the way I'd like them to.

The Jets won = I am happy.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

These are professional athletes. We are fans. This is how it works. There is no such thing as hate in this arena. We have zero control over this and all we can do is talk amongst ourselves like the hobby that it is. If you’re seeing this as “hate” perhaps you need a break. 

maybe I need to come visit you in Utah? you have an extra room for me?