Would this offense be good with Aaron Rodgers?

19 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Obviously Zack is awful

I agree though, it would only be slightly better with rodgers

the oline like every oline in the league is decimated with injuries

and there nobody ever open, and I don’t think it’s the wrs fault, Hackett is terrible 

QB's are a multiplier. Good QB's make everyone look better. Bad QB's make everyone look worse.

Not saying everything is great on the offense but I am saying it looks worse than it really is because the QB is bad and it would look better than it really is if the QB was really good.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

The ability to take every single thread here and turn it into a ZW sucks thread is truly impressive, kudos to you guys for putting out such great new discussions daily

The question in the OP is a hypothetical involving replacing ZW, so yes, we're going to discuss ZW as a reference point to answer. What do you expect us to pretend he isn't currently the QB while having a discussion about whether the offense would be good with a different QB?

Zach Wilson sucking is very relevant to the thread. Not sure why you think it isn't.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The question in the OP is a hypothetical involving replacing ZW, so yes, we're going to discuss ZW as a reference point to answer. What do you expect us to pretend he isn't currently the QB while having a discussion about whether the offense would be good with a different QB?

Zach Wilson sucking is very relevant to the thread. Not sure why you think it isn't.

I think we have to change the name of this forum to ZachWilsonSucksNation where every discussion is about how bad Zach wilson sucks

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I believe Zach Wilson is the 3rd best player on this offense. He’s an asset, not a liability. 

45 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Obviously Zack is awful

I agree though, it would only be slightly better with rodgers

the oline like every oline in the league is decimated with injuries

and there nobody ever open, and I don’t think it’s the wrs fault, Hackett is terrible 

Rodgers sees it fast and gets rid of it fast

Wilson’s biggest problem is he takes too long to pull the trigger 

He still doesn’t seem to understand there are 10 other guys on the field expecting the ball to be out on time in order for the designed play to work 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I fault Saleh above all (tho Joe D is far from innocent. He’s been on the job longer & continues underperforming). He’s the general, it’s his team. 2 1/2 seasons and 3 full off seasons in to his tenure … historically bad offense the entire freaking time. Something is wrong at foundational levels. 

If offense was more important to Saleh; if he had a clue how to implement a good offense - he would’ve done so by now. Including pushing Joe D to help him do so by any means necessary. But it hasn’t been near enough a priority for him. Or if it is he’s been incapable how to go about it. 

And he & Joe D’s talk this off-season about obtaining a veteran QB - as some magical missing piece? I truly question how a healthy Rodgers would have performed in this offense. Outside of Breece & Garrett no one scares you. The offense is undermanned and lacking in firepower.

Meanwhile Saleh’s latest OC hire has been as bad as his first. Hackett is more popular than LaFleur among his players apparently. But his results have been almost as abysmal.

I and I think many Jets fans hoped the Jets offense turned a small corner offensively after KC, Denver and the bye. No f—king way. No such luck.

Damn shame Saleh can’t field even a serviceable offense. Because he can put together a dynamic defense. But with Saleh - it’s believe what you see from his offense, not anything he says. 

When he said “the offense is this close” post Philly while making a one inch hand gesture; after the KC game “if Zach plays like that we’ll win a lot of games” as if that wasn’t essentially a one off: it shows how out of touch he is, how he’s not dealing in objective reality. And is the main systemic problem plaguing the offense.

So it ain’t just Zach. His terrible production is partly a product of systemic dysfunction. I don’t even blame him. Zach was drafted in to dysfunction. Not surprisingly he remains one of the lower-rated QBs in the league.

Joe D also deserves blame. Leaky injury riddled o-line years running and deficient at WR. Jets have one of the worst WR corps in the league. And drafting best player available only works if your draftees stay healthy. 

Jets offense is to the core. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

I just finished watching the All 22 from last weeks game and I’ve come to the conclusion that 40 year old Aaron Rodgers would not have been successful.

Observations: 

-The OL stinks in pass protection

-The WR with the exception of Garrett can’t get separation. Lazard is a complete zero. 

-The running game is AWFUL. One of the worst success rates in the league. 

Obviously prime Rodgers could make a high school offense look good, but 40 year old Rodgers? Not sure. 

What are your thoughts?

My immediate thoughts are that the offense would probably be better, but Aaron would have been stretchered off the field in the 1st Half.

He might have looked similar to who he did in his VERY few plays vs. Buffalo.  Running for his life, sacks, incompletions....which is what we've seen from Zach quite a bit as well.

We'll never have the benefit of knowing how Aaron would have produced in this offense this year with this current roster.  That includes benefitting from a great defense, but also having to survive behind guys like Billy Turner and Xavier Neuman.  The VERY brief glimpse we had was not good.  Pure speculation but I'd say this - Rodgers would be more effective before the play with diagnosis, checking out of bad situations, etc. but during plays he likely would not be as durable and mobile as Zach has been simply due to age and physical traits.  AR's history and relationships with guys like Lazard and Cobb would probably be a net benefit from a familiarity standpoint though.  That's something Zach is having to learn and develop since he doesn't benefit from that previous familiarity.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

So it ain’t just Zach. His terrible production is partly a product of systemic dysfunction. I don’t even blame him. Zach was drafted in to dysfunction. Not surprisingly he remains one of the lower-rated QBs in the league.

Well I’m convinced. 

Of course it would. Ya the OL isn’t great. Definitely a disadvantage when you have the slowest qb in nfl to get rid of the ball.. Rodgers obviously makes reads and throws a lot quicker than zach . Which would probably make the OL look lot better than they really are. With a horrible qb like Zach, you need the best OL in the NFL for him to play decent.